Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3430 Is the JD 4310 the equivalent

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-22          59934

On the Kubota site, they compare the Grand L3430 to the John Deere 4310, are these the equivalent of each other?

My Dad is considering the JD 4310 and I have told him to look at the Kubota also, he is willing, but I want to be sure I am recommending the right model.

He will want a FEL and belly mower, can I get some prices that others have received?

All other comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Brian

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-22          59937

The L3430 and B2910 would be an accurate comparison. Kubota makes good stuff too. ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-22          59939

Thank you for the reply, is the B2910 priced the same as the L3430? ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-22          59944

Not as many bells and whistles on the B2910 so cost is less. Both the John Deere and Kubota web sites have comparisons you can check out. My preference would be the "Green Paint". Best to shop around and compare as much as possible. Test out the models and then make your choice. ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-22          59946

Thanks again. The B2910 shows a weight of 1763 where the L3430 comes in around 3300 so there must be more than bells and whistles.

Care to elaborate on why you'd go for the "Green paint"? Just curious, as I am sure they are both quite nice. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-22          59947

The Kubota Grand L series are nice tractors but I feel John Deere has better logistical support, their products are more up to date, and are just built a bit better. They also hold resale value better than just about any other equipment. ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-22          59949

I appreciate your follow up thoughts. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-22          59951

I am not sure I would put a 1700 pound tractor and a 3300 pound tractor in the same class. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-07-22          59952

I'm with you, Mark. Way too much weight difference to be compared against each other. Chief musta got his thinking mixed up. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-22          59962

Cut me some slack fella's! I was just trying to give him some ideas as far as hp class. So I messed up. ;o) Everyone gets a freeby once in awhile. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-22          59967

It's Ok Chief we forgive you. LMAO....JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. ....

View my Photos
boatman

2003-07-23          59988

When I was shopping for a tractor a few months ago, after researching for a couple of months, I had narrowed my choices down to the JD 4310, JD790, and the NH TC30. While I was at the dealer testing the 4310 it quit running and would not restart. After hearing about all of the problems they were having with electronics, I decided to stay away from that model (needless to say, the salesman was quite embarrassed-but I got the impression that he knew what was up as he steered me towards the 790). Choosing between the 790 and TC30 was tough. Between numerous trips to the different dealers, I wanted to go try the Kubotas. Immediately I was drawn to the Grand L 3430. This is a fantastic machine. I believe much better than any of the others mentioned (compare the specs and you will see). Then go and try one and you will probably buy it. The price is comparable to the 4310 (about $4,000 more than the 790 or TC30). The only reason that I did not buy one is that the physical size is just too large for my needs (would not fit into some spaces that I need to get into). I ended up with the TC30 and could not be happier. However,I like that 3430 so much that (when my wife's not looking) I just may have to buy one of those also. Besides, it will fit in the garage just right, in between my green and blue tractors.
Back to your question:I believe that for heavy loader work that the 3430 is the best. For mid-mount mowing one of the smaller units would be better. For a combination of loader work and mid-mount mower the smaller units would be better. That JD4310 is an excellent tractor and I do believe that they are on top of the electronics problems that they were having. If physical size is not an issue and you are not mowing lawn (I think the 3430 might be a little heavy for lawn mowing)then strongly consider the Grand L 3430 GST - it's awesome. ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-23          59989

Could someone cut and paste Boatman's reply and email it to me? I don't have the full version and I cannot view his full reply.

Thanks ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-23          59990

I have Boatman's reply, thanks.

My Dad has yet to go look at the Kubota's but he has tried the 4310 and his brother has a 4400. He loves his '94 JD262 lawn tractor, this is his first JD and he is partial to green now; they do make the nicest looking tractors out there.

Anyway, my Dad would use whatever tractor he purchases primarily for mowing, though he will purchase a FEL. (He has a brush hog and back blade already.) He has an old Ford, which he will sell, he uses to brush hog, this brush hog is quite large and needs a heavy tractor to handle it, but whatever tractor he gets we were hoping he could use it to mow the lawn also.

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-23          59991

I'm not real fond of the computers in the 4x10 series machines, but bought a 4310 anyway. There are some advantages, in particular I like the responsiveness of the eHydro pedals and the LoadMatch feature is very nice. Most of the "computer" problems with these machines seem to actually be related to loose wiring connections. I've read of a half dozen failures related to wires becoming disconnected, but have yet to read about a computer going bad and being replaced. It seems that some machines have exposed wiring underneath the machine and when working in tall brush the wires get snagged and connections get pulled loose. I'm not sure if these problems are due to poor design, poor QC during manufacture, or poor dealer prep. I have not had any such problems, and there doesn't appear to be any such wiring underneath my 4310, so maybe it was a problem with earlier machines. I dunno, but Deere is very good at standing behine their machines so I'm pretty sure they'll make it right if there's a design flaw. The Grand L Kubota's have an all-electronic instrument panel which I personally don't like at all - in bright sunlight I find it hard to read. In my opinion the JD ergonomics are far superior to Kubota's, especially the floorboard pedal location and joystick placement.

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-23          59992

Anyone have pictures of the L3430 and/or JD 4310? I have seen the picture of kws' 4310 in the above post.

Both JD and Kubota's Web site's are rediculous as far as pictures of their tractors! ....

View my Photos
bvbilski

2003-07-23          59993

Hey Chief wouldn't it be more accurate to say your preference would be "Green Plastic"? :) Watch out on the JD & Kubota web site comparisons, there are quite a few mistakes on the competitors specs. (imagine that). Also, resale value can be can be misleading. If a tractor costs more new it will (and should) bring more money used. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2003-07-23          59994

Plastic, plastic? I like plastic!

I've visited a lot of different brand tractor sites. I haven't seen one yet that didn't make their brand the winner. You'll have to do your homework here and then some

As far as resale value from one brand to another. It all depends on your location (geographically demanding). One brand may be in high demand here but bring several thousand less somewhere else (200 miles down the road). In order to get a true figure on resale value, you need to figure it in cost minus resale. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-23          59995

I like the substantial feel of metal, but I must say that a few years into ownership metal bodied tractors that see hard use generally look scraped up and rusty. I think the plastic will look better in the long run, especially if it's kept covered when not in use (no UV breakdown).

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-23          60007

One thing nobody has mentioned is why is Kubota #1 in CUT's sales with Deere in a distant #2. Has to be a reason guys why Orange is kicking the stuffings out of Green? Plastic is good for wiffle balls and bats but personally I will take steel products any day. Anybody try to diagnose a computer problem on a car?? Deere's direction of computerizing tractors is not healthy. I don't want to be a victim of a tractor's computer problem after the warranty runs out at today's Deere dealers labor rates. Don't know about you guys but hi-tech computer garbage has no place on a CUT. Deere's direction to be #1 over Kubota is not well thought out. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-24          60021

Jeff, you sound like a foaming ideological partisan. The pros and cons of plastic body panels have been well debated before, and I fall on the side of plastic. You like metal? Good for you, you can buy metal, and you can continue to apply bondo and paint until the cows come home. As far as computers not being healthy for CUTs, have you seen the totally computerized instrument panels on the Grand L models of your beloved Kubota? If you don't like computers you will be SOL in a few years. Soon you won't be able to buy any new CUT without them because emission controls will continue to tighten requiring computer logic to control fuel delivery rates.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-24          60025

Guys y'all behave now! You guys cut me a little slack (and I might emphasize little ;o)LOL!)when I got my Kubota's mixed up. Jeff just hasn't seen the light yet. (the GREEN light) In recognition of my tractorially/colorically challenged friend I will concede that Kubota makes a damn good tractor but John Deere makes a better tractor in my "unbiased" opinion. I am partial to the plastic more like fiberglass panels as well since they can be buffed out and repaired MUCH easier and last longer provided you keep them out of the sun in storage. If you like sheetmetal, you can go with a 790 or a 990. In a few more years all the CUTs will be computerized in some fashion and with the costs of materials increasing, plastic or fiberglass panels be used more and more. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-24          60034

Rubbish you say??? Deere and the UAW sat on their BIG self righteous butts and tried to intimidate their way into the CUT market by their reputation of their "historical" farm tractors. Now the UAW isn't even involved in CUT tractors. When I visited 90% of the Deere dealers AND the others in S/E Michigan including Flint since I work 95% from Flint To Toledo OHIO last spring, if I could get "Farmer GreenJeans" to come out the building to greet me before 5:00, the classic attitude was "Deere is the only tractor you should consider because WE ARE DEERE and you are stupid"!! When I did get lucky and talk to a Deere dealer Not once was I told DEERE is made by another manufacturer!! I have owned a Deere 2010 Diesel and a 4020 diesel among others brands so its not like I am speaking from not having owned the product. I had no idea what a Kubota was only that I had seen a ton of them and the Kubota dealers I visited where POLITE, PROMPT, and INFORMED, and never said a bad word or had an arrogant attitude toward their competitors products. I have saw the green light and it ain't all cracked up to be what it should be and Deere knows it has dealer problems correcting FarmerGreenjeans attitudes. Go BACK in the archives and reread the facts about about my FACTUAL tractor search last spring in MAY or June 2002 ( I think ). As far as plastic goes WHY WOULD I USE BONDO ON MY TRACTOR???? MY tractor doesn't sit outside and rust. You can also reread the industry FACTS on CUT sales DEERE is a far #2 and they admit it. Kubota is #1 and you can deny it all you want but All other brands are chasing Kubota and anyone not living in a cave knows it. When I started looking for a CUT tractor Deere was THE brand that I Tried to look at. I knew nothing about Kubota. I gave Deere more consideration than they deserved and the dealer networks dropped the ball. If I had to do it all over again New Holland would have been my second pick. Deere slides in at #3. IT IS NOT THE PRODUCT YOU BUY GUYS. IT IS THE PERCEPTION OF THE PRODUCT BY THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PRODUCT THAT MAKES YOUR DECISION. If Deere's dealer network had the attitude of the Kubota network, there would be a green tractor sitting in my garage.
Deere makes a fine product but the dealer network in SE Michigan needs to be told Harry Truman is not the president anymore. Your dealer network will make or break any product line and SE MI Deere dealers are killng DEERE with their attitudes and customer relation skills. Until Deere realizes thet their product's quality and features are as good or better than any tractor on the market and the choke points are in the dealer's attitude. Deere will never seriously challenge Kubota for NUMBER UNO. On a lighter note, maybe you guys should see tractor life through ORANGE GLASSES, the view is GOOD and we are in the majority. I am just stating the reason why it is happening. Are there good Deere dealers out there??? Sure there are, I just never found one and I looked HARD. I am not Bashing DEERE Dealers, I AM TELLING YOU WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IN MY TRACTOR SEARCH. The DEERE dealer networks didn't look good. That is not bashing its called statiing the facts as they happened, if DEERE doesn't look good under GREEN light, that is really NOT my Problem. I am the guy LOOKING to BUY A Tractor. I CALL THE SHOTS. If a DEERE dealers hasn't got his stuff together, I, as a consumer wanting to spend $$$$$, will go elswhere to find somebody that can treat me the way I expect. THE CUSTOMER IS THE REASON FOR A DEALER'S FINANCIAL EXISTANCE. I don't what to hear about the competitor's bad products or how DEERE was King in tractors in 1956!!!!! Why is it when you get in a heated discussion with Deere owners they attack your opinions and experiences based on FACT just because their product is shown in a bad light???? The people who attacked my credibilty are somewhat similar to the DEERE DEALERS attitudes.

DOC..

A far as CUT sales figures DOC, Go back to the fall of 2002 when I started a thread on the CUT industry's reporting of sales/import figures of CUTs with Kubota being number 1, Deere as distant 2 and New Holland and Kioti almost tied at 3. Nobody else including YOU disputed those sales and import numbers. I found the article on Tractorbuynet and posted it here. All the major CUT's players accepted those figures as representation of the CUT industry. I back my statements with facts. Deere is number #2 with a good product with Kubota #1. Just because you don't happen to agree doesn't make the figures WRONG. Show me some sales/import figure to the contrary. I haven't the time to go look and since you challenged me.....you go look. I'm sure that TOMH and Mark Hustinger will REMEMBER that thread ?????? IT WAS A BIG ONE. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-24          60044

Point by point.

1. I apologize for saying you sound like a foaming ideological partisan.

2. Dealers are not the manufacturer. There are good and bad dealers of all brands. Our local Kubota dealer has to be one of the worst on the planet. They will lie, cheat, and steal to sell you anything. Our local Deere and NH dealers, however, are outstanding. You cannot reasonably indict the attitude of Deere and most of their dealers with your experience as you seem to be doing. Maybe they're bad in your area but they aren't bad everywhere. Yes, I know, you said this but your point was largely lost in all the invective.

3. Tractors that see lots of heavy use get dents and scratches in metal panels. Just try driving through a heavily forested area like ours and not get scratches and dents in metal body work. If ignored those dents and scratches rust, then you have to either do body work on 'em or replace the panels. In our area, plastic panels sail through without damage.

4. If you think best selling equates to best quality I suggest you go buy all your tools from Sears and all your software from Microsoft.

5. What about all those computers on the Grand L Kubotas?

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-24          60045

Doc, you missed your calling as a Diplomat! ROFLMAO!!! Your Ambassadorial communication skills stand out. LOL! ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-24          60046

ALL CUTS entering the USA can be verified with gioverment IMPORTATION figures at the port of entry. Deere's tractors come from JAPAN as do Kubota with KIOTI from KOREA and NEW HOLLAND from wherever. IF Kubota shows say 1000 CUTs imported and Deere 500, do you THINK that could be construed to say who is #1 and #2. I live 8 miles from the OAKLAND county line. MY tractor search included WAYNE, OAKLAND, Shiawassee, Genesee, Macomb, Lapeer, Livinston, and Monroe counties. THAT IS MY HUMBLE DEFINITION OF SE MICHIGAN. More than enough Deere dealers to draw my conclusions for marketing and consumer evalulations.

DOC.

Why do you confuse where I live to where I looked for tractors??? I said I searched for a tractor in SE Michigan. Where I live is NOT relevant. ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-24          60049

What do you say to you two giving it a rest? You both have differing views and neither is going to convince the other they are right. Furthermore, my opinions of either brand hasn't changed from the ongoing arguemnt. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-24          60052

Doc is wrong. He might try to not attack me personally with his drug references if he wants to impress somebody. He isn't winning this debate since he is attacking the messenger and not the message he doesn't want to hear.

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-24          60058

The importation figures in the article were I believe accumulated for the entire 2001 year. It was a BIG thread thread and I can't figure out how to look back that far. It was in the fall of 2002, October or November. All the regular guys here I'm sure remember that post....I was HUGE had about a 100 replies.

I am not a pimply nose kid. I am a 49 year old degreed Field Engineer for a manufacturer of Rockwell Hardness and Tensile Test equipment. Yes, my company does work for DEERE and all the major corporations. Why do you persist in attacking me personally? I never said squat about you personally. My results of my tractor search was posted well over a year ago and the sales importation figures were posted in fall 2002. Since you weren't a part of the regular guys at that time I am not going to do handstands on searching for that article/thread. The regular guys here saw it and nobody questioned the validity of it nor did they question the validity of it over at tractorbuynetcom

I was a credible sourced article. It was posted here and I stand by what I said. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-24          60063

Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) September 2002

Paraphrased.....Kubota is a #1 with and 8.6% increase over 2001. Type in AEM and go to their website. The info is there and I have done more than enough to document my
FACTS. Read the whole post. Nobody is disputing the AEM figures. You weren't in the post. Everybody else was including CHIEF. CHIEF, why didn't you help me out with this documentation. I would have helped you even if I had a green tractor and you had a orange. I am NOT a GREAT ORANGE GODDESS by any means DOC. I stated what happened to me and my opinion and the thought process involved. I never said I would never buy a JD CUT. I just said I was never given an opportunity based on the dealers I visited. Like I told Chief in the thread, I would have bought a GREENmachine from him if I would have known. Have the original poster go buy what he feel fits his wants and needs. At the time I bought my tractor, Green dropped the ball. NO BASH .....JUST MY Situation and circimstances that happened. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-24          60065

jeff r, to be honest I plume forgot about that post. That was a LOOOOONG time ago. Heck, with the economy doing so bad, I am not even doing the tractor selling thing any longer. Just didn't work out and one of the reasons was that the sales people at the dealership, didn't want to mess with it. They felt it was not worth their time. You will get no argument from me as to the conceded and crappy attitudes of many (not all) John Deere sales people. I have had even worse experiences with the Kubota folks. 5 dealerships have gone under in my area in the last 2 years and the dealer closest to me is an ***hole. I have had VERY good experience with the guys at Tractorsmart.com (Kubota dealer in Johnson City,TN). Real good service and attitudes but they are almost an 8 hour drive away.

As I said at the beginning of the post; test out all the models you are interested in and go with the one you like the best. No doubt in my mind you will be happy with either. My preference for John Deere is based on my experience with them while I was on active duty and procurring flight line tow tractors for the 101st Airborne. Kubota and New Holland just did not want to work with us and their equipment did not meet the specs. required for battlefield deployment. Will most people with CUT's need to burn JP-8 in their engines???? Probably not; but John Deere was the only manufacturer who would warranty their product on JP-8. They were the only manufacturer who sent a field tech rep. and provided training as well. Kubota did not respond, and New Holland threatened to sue if we did not buy their tractors. My father farms about 1,200 acres and he just recently got ride of his TW-20 piece of junk and got a John Deere 7000 series tractor. The operators love it. In fact he won't have anything but a John Deere. They all have their problems but I think you will find MANY more old Deeres out there still running than other makes. Any how, how's about we get this thread back to the original point of helping a new guy figure out what tractor he wants. ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-07-24          60067

Ironically, the original poster, me, may be looking at different models now!

As mentioned, it is my Dad considering the purchase and when I asked him some questions last night I found he was only going with such a large tractor so he could use his heavy brush hog; he only uses that at my house so I told him it isn't right to make such an expensive purchase just for my place.

I will steer him toward the JD 2210, 4110, Kubota B7800, 2410.

My neighbor just took delivery of his 7800 yesterday so we will have one away from the dealer to look at. If the equivalent brands are even close, he will buy green. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-24          60070

Chief, make space back in those hills for me, I'm going to make a run for it... all these pot-shots got me nervous.

ROFLMAO

Wow, I didn't realize we had members who suffered from PMS.

Best of luck, we'll need it.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-24          60083

So did we get this subject all shaken out now???? I can appreciate ALL points of view as that is how we all learn reguardless of paint color preference. Can we all just gather round for a group hug and shake hands? Smoke the peace pipe. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-07-24          60085

I'm willing to shake hands and buy a round of beers, but a group hug is going a little too far :) ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-24          60086

I was hoping somebody would offer that option. Nothing personal but you guys aren't my type. ;o) For the special occasions I like Erdinger Krystal Wiesen beer. Miller Lite for washing pizza down and fishing. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-25          60106

Hey, I'm not in for any group hugs, either.

Besides, if I bring any of this Canadian beer everybody would get WAY to silly ...

Although I must say, I do rather enjoy the odd MGD ... even if they don't have much kick.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-25          60114

HEYYYYYY DOC,

This is sooooo funny you mention Nolans in Lapeer and Grenia's in Almont. THis ain't bashing IT HAPPENED so you just may have to deal with reality. LMAO OH Boy this is funny. Grenia's in Almont was the guy that booked out 5 minutes after closing time with me in Dockers and a white shirt looking under the hood of a 4300 in the front grassy part of the store front. HE LOOSES. When I went to Nolan's in Lapeer he had a sweet little JD low hour model adverised in the Equipment Shopper (I forgot which one) with front end loader). I went in the store, stood around figuring somebody would at least greet me. NO Luck. I went to the counter and stood around and some guy on the phone cups the the phone reciever and says, Can I help you? I say, "You sure can. I am intersted in that JD with the loader with the low hours sitting out front that was in the Equipment Shopper." He said. "OK I will be right out there". I said, " I will be out there looking around". I went out and looked at implements, backblades, and rototillers. After 30 minutes of looking at used AG garbage. I go back in the store and this SOB is still on the phone and waves to me he will be right there. WRONG PAL. YOU LOOSE. I'm Gone. NO BASH. JUST PLAIN FACTS. DOC you just unintentionally hit the 2 out of 3 of the worst dealers I visited. LMAO. Don't take it personal. This is JUST BUSINESS. Sorry guys, I think I need a beer!!!! LMAO

View my Photos
Chief

2003-07-25          60116

Jeff, we ruled out the group hug cause Doc is the only one in touch with his femine side. ;-). Decided to just have a round of beers. Bring your favorite and join right in! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-25          60123

Actually Chief I think the group hug was cancelled for fear of TOUCHING a feminine side ...... ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-26          60140

Doc,

Cool down. I don't live in UTOPIA and neither do you. I will give you the GOOD, the Bad and the Ugly and that's called living in a real world. I won't candy coat the world for anybody and I hope the other folks won't candy coat the world for me. I bought my tractor from my local dealer 2 miles from my house because he found the right tractor at the right time for the right price after I turned SE Michigan upside down looking. It just could have been a dealer in Monroe county 90 miles away with a JD product. I never said JD was a bad product I just said the JD dealer network couldn't get connected with me. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. If all us guys here just said the good things about brands of tractors what useful purpose would it serve??? I can pick apart ANY tractor including Kubota. BY the way, who at Kubota decided to put the my HST control on the same side as the brakes?? Now it is impossible to use separate brake control without putting the HST in cruise control first. My local dealer, Flint Ford/New Holland loves me because I sold 2 tractors for him after I bought my tractor. A 1710 Ford for my neighbor and a 1520 NH for the guy at work. Of all the JD dealers I went to, Rosseils in Mt Clemens was the best. If I was looking for a gear jammer, a new JD 790 would have been in my garage. LOL. I did buy a $400.00 subframe from Roseills in Mt Clemens because Flint New Holland was 50 bucks higher and would have had to order it taking 2 weeks. Rosseills had it in 2 days. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-27          60182

Doc,

I don't know about the grey market tractors, But all the JD tractors I saw at Rosseils were "current" 4000 series JD models including a JD 790. I thought Grey market tractors had different model numbers? That JD 790 with JD frontloader had a price of 12,999. I thought it was an excellent price for being brand new. IF he is doing something sleezy, he sure is doing it right because he has a good selection of JD's and I can't imagine JD doesn't know about it and can't trace where those JD's are coming from. I'm sure JD could do something about it if they wanted. Van Parmells in Armada had only newKiotis in stock with some new Masseys. ....

View my Photos
Neophyte

2003-08-08          61320

Scofieldnkjv,

I guess this thread is a good example of why the other board moderates and censors the way it does. Way off track and it did not really help the original poster. I'm sure there is a happy medium somewhere in between.

In regards to your tractor hunting, you don't seem to be comparing the correct models together. I think the following would be good comparisons in terms of gross HP and PTO HP. I'm using the Hydro models for the PTO HP reference.

I love how Kubota compares the wrong models on their website. They seem to conveniently compare the Grand L30 Series to the competition's model one step down. It makes me ask myself, if they are so confident in their product, why do they shift it in their favor? At least the JD website seems to make the correct comparisons for the most part and it even gives you multiple tractors to choose from.

Model (Gross HP/PTO HP)

Sub-Compacts (18HP):
JD ??? - Nothing to compare ???
KB BX1800 (18/14)
NH TZ18DA (18/?) - Available Fall 2003?

Sub-Compacts (22HP):
JD 2210 (23/18)
KB BX2200 (22/17)
NH TZ24DA (24/?) - Available Fall 2003?

Small Compacts (18HP):
JD 4010 (18/14)
KB B7400 (16/13)
NH TC18 (19/14) - being discontinued ??? (replaced by TZ24DA or TC21D)

Small Compacts (20HP):
JD 4110 (20/17)
KB B7500 (21/16)
NH TC21D (21/16)

Small Compacts (24HP):
JD 4115 (24/20)
KB B2410 (24/18)
NH TC24D (24/19)

Economy Small/Mid Compacts (30HP):
JD 790 (27/24) - Not the best comparison ??? (Hydro N/A)
KB B7800 (30/22)
NH TC30D (30/24)

Small/Mid Compacts (30HP):
JD 4210 (28/22)
KB B2910 (30/22)
NH TC29D (29/24) - being discontinued ??? (replaced by TC30D or TC33D)

Mid/Large Compacts (32HP):
JD 4310 (32/25)
KB L3130 (32/24)
NH TC33D (33/27)

Mid/Large Compacts (35HP):
JD 4410 (35/28)
KB L3430 (35/27)
NH TC35D (35/29)

By the way, I don't own blue, green or orange yet but I'm leaning more and more towards the NH the more I hear the Kubota and JD parties bicker the way they do. It's not healthy for you guys. Just make sure you have your nitro pills or some aspirin close by! :)

I hope this information helps. Let us know what your father ends up with. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61323

I sometimes go private events where a bunch of people are standing around talking. Sometimes people are laughing and having a good time, other times they are debating calmly, and still other times there are heated arguments. At these events there are no speech cops jumping in to censor your speech, but you are expected to behave civily and if you don't the people around you have the right to tell you where to get off OR you can take it outside.

I look at these boards the same way. A bunch of people talking, debating, and sometimes arguing in a heated fashion. When the civility declines to name calling it's time to for the people around you to dive in and tell those misbehaving where to get off. If that doesn't work then the involved parties should take it to private email, but that seldom happens. However, most of the time on this board the thread either resolves itself or people just stop reading it and it dies.

The difference between TractorPoint and the other board is that here the participants get to debate and choose where the line is and when people have crossed it. There the line is drawn by somebody else, and there will be no debate.

To your point, NH makes a good tractor if it meets your needs.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-08          61326

Neophyte, great to see you on the board! Yeah, this thread did kinda meandered but we managed to get it settled in the end. Got to stick my foot in my mouth. ;-) Dennis never said a word. I am not exactly sure what is going on with the "other" tractor board but since I PM'd you this morning I am completly blocked from accessing the board. I have not posted a thing or done any thing other that talk with you via PM and some others. Might just be a glitch in the system but it is kinda odd that everyone I have asked can log on but me. Does not have a very savory appearance on the surface. This is the type of heavy handed tactics I was referring to and kswchum is as well. Here, I for one and I am sure the others welcome you and your opinions are indeed welcome along with speaking your mind. Hope you will come more ofter. Don't be a stranger. :-) ....

View my Photos
scofieldnkjv

2003-08-09          61348

Neo, thanks for the reply. When my dad does make his purchase, he has pretty much decided on green.

Also, don't let other people and their behavior dictate what you buy; if the NH is better for you, great, but don't do it b/c of other peoples 'tudes.

Thanks again.

PS. I agree that I find it strange that manufacturers are not comparing apples to apples with tractors. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-09          61354

Wandering down thru this post is interesting! Wow! All manufacturers compare away from the exact comparison if they can mislead you. I find the JD site that way. It is far easier to see the features and benifits of the one you went there to look at if you are not looking at the same size tractor or comparably equipped competitor. If you are color blind and think they are that good and not misleading then you too have been lead down a well worn path. I've been to Deeres site many times and use it quite often. It is a good sales tool for me. Just because a manufcturer says it's new, it might only be new to them not to the industry. Beware as a buyer, I throw caution as from time to time I think I am above it but yet I still get bit! ....

View my Photos
Neophyte

2003-08-10          61412

Scofieldnkjv,

I would not let this be a deciding factor. I was only being facetious. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-10          61418

Neophyte, it's interesting but you were the only one to answer the question at hand. They are in the same catagory in all but horsepower with the Kubota being the larger of the two. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login