Go Bottom Go Bottom

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-25          58276

For those of you who are having trouble finding a BX22, there are at least two in stock here in Northern Nevada looking for a home.

If you are interested I will provide the dealers names.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-26          58340

Sorry Mark, but the freight would kill me. I guess thats why they like us up here in the northeast. We just sold out and won't have them for a month. Just makes life interesting. It does amaze me that they are still offering 0% on this stuff when they don't have them. Normally they do it do to over inventory. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
PhilipC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-29          58510

I, and I suspect many other TractorPoint.com readers who have been contemplating the purchase of a tractor, review many of your submitted materials in an attempt to help make the best selection of brand and model most suitable for their situation. Well, thanks to many of you I have now made my decision only to find out that the BX22 is rarer than the preverbal hens tooth. There does not appear to be any available, at least east of the Mississippi. Dealers are begging their Kubota regional reps. for units and can only be considered for one if it is already "retailed". By the way, contrary to earlier postings, Carver in Dunn NC, who offers excellent prices, has been "busted" by Kubota and instructed to discontinue their practice of "long distance sales". This was due to pressure from other Kubota dealers. (Thanks for the lead anyway, they were very helpfull and provided me with valuable pricing information.) Most other dealers I checked in with submitted very high prices and a gloomy prediction for delivery dates. I finally placed an order with my local dealer, Columbia Tractor in Claverack, NY and got a decent price....now comes the wait for a unit to be located and released by Kubota.
THANK YOU all for your postings and making my tractor selection finally happen. Keep up the great work as I continue to "read on" about your experiences, problems/solutions, and hints on how to maximize my use of and enjoyment from my new tractor......if and when I ever get delivery!

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
Art White

2003-06-30          58547

They are coming in at a slow pace and currently we are delivering as available. We have been keeping up at about a one month delay. This is not to bad as we were originally told to figure ninety days. With a sale I tell people two weeks when things need to be ordered so they are doing good as far as supplying units. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
PhilipC

2003-06-30          58564

Thanks Art, sounds encouraging. As I intend to buy a trailer suitable for occasionally transporting my BX22 (to and from "favors" and for service) what would you suggest as far as size. Since there aren't any BX22's around, I have not been able to measure the TLB itself and the specs. are elusive in the Kubota materials. I would like to keep the size down as much as possible and could (if advisable) let the back hoe protrude past the end of the trailer by using a split ramp rather than a gate. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
Art White

2003-07-01          58646

One of my customers just purchased a 14' single axle and it does a great job for them. They have no monster trucks but pull it with a little ford bronco and it does fine. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-01          58680

Phillip, any plans to visit out west this summer? ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2003-07-01          58691

a local dealer had one bx-22 TLB in his show room a couple of weeks ago, in Greenville ,NY "GREENVILLE SAW" I have no dealings with these people other than local parts
518-966-4346 I myself have a JD 790 TLB ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
PhilipC

2003-07-02          58708

Yes Mark, I will be attending a week long meeting in LA in early August and perhaps do some touring after that.

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
PhilipC

2003-07-02          58709

Thanks for the lead JAZAK5. I am now committed to my local dealer but he is hunting down any loose BX22's out there and I will pass that on to him. It seems that the Kubota regional sales reps. are keeping close track on all BX22's which are now listed as "extinct in the market place." The official word is that all units "retailed" now will be produced during August and distributed directly to those dealers who have contracted deleivery to committed (money laid down) customers. We will see what happens. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-02          58710

Phillip, I presume you are flying, but I will throw this on the table.

1. Looks like my BX22 will come on the market soon. It is a T/L/B of course, but it also has wheel weights, a 54" front blade, two complete sets of wheels and tires, a set of clamp-on bucket forks and enough filters and fluids to last a couple of years.
It has 15 months left on the warranty and it has 140 hours on it at the moment. I need $16K to clear out the loan with Kubota Credit.

2. Brand new 16 foot car haulers are available here locally for $1500 +/-. That gets you dual axles, brakes all around and 5000 pound rating. A 7000 pound rating is available for a few dollars more. If you talked hard enough, I might even sell you my trailer for cheaper than that.

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
PhilipC

2003-07-02          58743

Mark, Sounds like a decent deal but....I am committed at this point to my local dealer ($'s down). I can't imagine that your BX22 will survive long on the market though!
The trailer issue is more complicated than initially anticipated. It does look like I will have to go with either with a HD axle or dual axles and at least a 14 footer to safely carry the TLB load of 2530 lbs. and 157" of equipment (with the backhoe turned to the side). I am told that I will also need either electric brakes or hydro. brakes on the trailer. It seems that hydro costs more but you don't have to equip the vehicle itself with wiring. This saves a few $ and allows for the use of other vehicles for towing. The car hauler could be a solution but I think that I will go with a more conventional trailer that I can use for other purposes.
Where can someone get information on the proper use of the Kubota TLB? I understand that digging with the backhoe takes some experience and instruction. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-02          58747

Mark(s), Willie, Murf, Tom, Chief, Art, Jeff and a whole host of others are standing by to help.

You only need ask. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-02          58748

Oh. BTW. What I call a car hauler, basically a 16 foot flat bed (not the kind with a gap in the center), is cheaper and more readily available than a 14 footer.

You might be amazed how much trash you can haul with one if you lay a 12x16 tarp on the bed and stitch the edges together with some cord before you hit the road.

If you stack wood about 15 inches deep it will haul a cord of wood per trip.

AND.... if you put your 14 foot long BX22 on that 16 foot bed you can adjust the tractor fore and aft to achieve the proper tongue weight for safe towing.

Maybe something to consider............ ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
RichT

2003-07-03          58771

Mark - sorry to hear of your decision to part with the BX.

Phillip - I use a 16ft car hauler to move my BX around town. Its a std duty Big Tex CH60 model, about $1400 new. Works perfectly and, as Mark indicates, gives you a little maneuvering room to manage tongue weight. I had to cut some slots in the ramp lips so I could adjust their position to work with the relatively smaller tractor width. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-03          58772

Rich, how goes the battle with Kubota? Are the threads holding? ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
PhilipC

2003-07-03          58788

Rich & Mark, Thank you both for your trailer selection advise. I am just about convinced to go with the full 16 feet as the 14 foot trailer is the same price and, I understand more difficult to build as the standard jigs are set for 16 feet. The challange of maneuvering and storing the extra 2 feet should be outweighed by the added convenience and load safety factors mentioned by you. The loading ramps that I saw on the model trailer also seem to be adjustable for the with of the item to be carried. I think that it also makes sense to get the dual axles as they too provide more stability and safety. Hopefuly the hydraulic brakes vs. the electirc breaks will be the correct choice as well. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-07-03          58793

Mark,

Sounds high on the 16 foot trailer. A company in Monroe, MI makes them with 1 axle brakes (which nobody uses anyway} with a 7000 lb rating for 999.00. I am planning to make my own for half the the price. championtrailers.com has 2 excellent sets of free plans and they sell all the parts except the structural steel. The structural 2x3 3/16 or 1/4 angle steel can be purchased locally for less than 150.00. All you have to do is provide a little 6013 welding rod expertise and you have a tandem trailer for around 500.00+/. I will build mine and save some money and have fun doing it. The hydraulic surge brakes is also an option I am considering, but if you have a good tow vehicle and plan your stopping distance, brakes aren't a real big deal as some think. Making a trailer is pretty simple when you have the plans and the dimensions. A 14 inch chop saw is a must too. DO NOT try and use a 110 Mig welder because it doesn't have the power to get good penetration. An AC welder set to 130 or less using 1/8 sticks of 6013 or 220 Mig is what you need. Clean your metal before welding 6013 doesn't like a dirty surface. If it is used metal dirty, painted or rusty use 6011 rod. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-03          58801

It's a long way from Mississippi to Nevada. No doubt the extra cost is shipping. Try pricing such a deal in Alaska!
I would definitely have to learn to weld there. ....

Can t Find a BX22

View my Photos
RichT

2003-07-05          58917

Mark, negotiations with Kubota over the factory cross threaded screen filter on my BX22 continue. Both the dealer and Kubota corporate (warranty guy) told me that since the screen filter is on the suction line, the worst case is a leak which could introduce air into the hydraulics. So far there are no signs of a leak, but my anxiety about this whole thing remains. At minimum I'm going to ask for a letter from Kubota acknowledging the issue. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login