Go Bottom Go Bottom

snow plow

View my Photos
dfarnjr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-23          58154

Anybody know where I might be able to find a front dozer/snow blade for an old B6000?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

snow plow

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-20          64450

Search through some earier posts. One suggestion was using a plow for a truck. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-22          64521

You might find you have to make a blade fit from another make. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
helpful Al

2003-10-21          66724

Try Buckeye Tractor in Delaware, Ohio. They had a complet unit several week back. 800-421-2374 ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Murf

2003-10-21          66725

There is a difference between a dozer blade and a snowplow, a dozer blade is designed to push, period. A snowplow is designed to flip forward against some springs to allow the blade to ride over an obstacle.

If you use a dozer blade, or a rear blade for that matter, to clear snow be aware that something as small as a hunk of frozen gravel can (and will) cause a lot of damage to the blade, possibly the mount, and also your neck if you're not carefull.

Best of luck. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-22          66791

do beware as depending on the snow you are probably only able to push abot 72" maximum ....

snow plow

View my Photos
plugger

2003-10-22          66839

I just sold a b-6000 with a lot of extras I have the snowblade and subframe here for the tractor as the buyer did not take them yet. I could check with him and see if he wants to sell them. I had a front loader on the tractor so I would assume he is not going to mount the blade setup. This I believe is a regular snow blade (Its very heavy duty) as for someone said it has the springs on it. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Blaine

2008-01-03          149848

I have a 2030 dozer snow blad it ff of my b7100 kubota ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-03          149849

Considering the last post on this thread is over FIVE years old I doubt there's much interest in it now.

Best of luck. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-03          149855

I tink I needs 'ranslator, eh? ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-04          149869

Jeff'ry, is you becomin' a yooper on us now, eh? :) ....

snow plow

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-05          149899

Yoopers call us down he-ah, "flat landers".

Hoser.

Murf did I get the Hoser reference right? ....

snow plow

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-07          149986

Jeff, the reference is correct, but mis-spelled, it is actually "hoosier".

Up here in Cannuckistan it's used to describe a lot more than just the folks across the line there in Indy. The reference supposedly comes from a contraction of the term people from that whole (now) Lower Michigan, Indy, Eastern Illinois, upper Ohio used when they met up with, or more likely, were surprised by fur traders and Indians from north of the lakes.

Legend has it they always uttered "Who'sh 'ere?" (which eventually got slurred together over time) and the country folk came to be known as 'Hoosiers' after their greeting.

As you know, the Yoopers pronounce lots of things different, 'hoser' is just one of them. BTW, us Cannuks do it too.

Best of luck. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-01-07          149996

Murf,

Thanks for the educational information.

Hoosier sure sounds a lot like "Who is yer".

My wife is from Indiana. I always ask her, "Hoosier Ma, and Hoosier Pa?" hehehe.

Joel ....

snow plow

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-07          150006

Murf around here Hoosier is someone from Indiana. And they're a popular tire maker--racing think.

The hoser reference is a line I picked up from a '70's Canadian TV show that featured the now-well reknown actors---names escape me but they had a show that revolved around what else: drinking beer.

Ontario TV did a docmentary on those guys. I understand that they would say something like "Get away hoser" or something to that effect. When I was in high school that hoser reference meant you were a...ahhh...male genitalia.

I think they were suppose to be brothers on the show (Bill and Ted, or Bill and Ray???). They were comics from Second City in Toronto if memory serves. One actor played in "Ghost Busters" movie the other was on American TV on a show called in the early '90's something about "...Grace" (Living with Grace??) with a female co-star (Bret Butler???) also a comediene. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-01-07          150008

Murf: Here's what I found on the Web:
HOSER

Slang. 1. noun: (derogatory) an oaf, or simpleton.

2. noun: (friendly) a friend, brother or faithful companion.

3. verb: hose-off; a put-off; go away, leave me; I doubt what you are saying.

History: The term originates from a syndicated television comedy about a fictional television station: 'Second City Television Station' or 'SCTV.'

Comedy skits on the show were presented as actual programs. One such skit was a program entitled "the Great White North" - the hosts, comedians Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (portraying Bob and Doug MacKenzie), embellished and exaggerated the stereotypical American image of how Canadians talk and act. The characters (Bob and Doug) drank beer, while bantering back and forth, inflecting their speech heavily with 'eh?' and the occasional 'hoser.'

Also: Back off you hoser! Come here hoser, I was just kidding.

snow plow

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-07          150009

Oh now Jeff, just when I thought you had a good ejumikashun, you're showing your shortcomings.......

It was Bob & Doug Mackenzie...... So like, take off, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie

Best of luck. ....

snow plow

View my Photos
beagle

2008-01-08          150035

We hydraulic plow blades that will work for that tractor. We have manual angle or hydraulic angle, 66" and 72".

Don't want to break any rules here. Contact us if you are interested or visit www.michironandequip.com ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login