Go Bottom Go Bottom

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
AZranch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-26          36755

Greetings all,
Very inpressive member knowwedge found here...I'm looking for my first tractor and am interested in Kubota products.
I have ~40 acres of open land in North central AZ (Prescott). Brush, almost no grass, old (40+ yrs)stumps and toppled trees to contend with. I will be building a home and workshop, 2-3 acre garden and dirt drive. No snow that lasts more than 2 days. 5,000' elevation and soft soil w/ areas of river rocks and cementatious rock formations. Sounds like a lunar landscape here but hope to transform it into our little bit of heaven. I need a tractor suitablre for my wife (5'3 & 125#'s wet) to be able to manage for garden and landscape duty as well as anything that comes up in the future. FEL, box scraper, roto-tiller sound like basic needs at start-up. Please advise on recommendations.
I am leaning toward hydro trans & 4X4.

Many thanks for all help.
Regards to all

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
AZranch

2002-03-26          36757

Please pardon typos...still green and wet behind the ears w/ a keyboard. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-03-27          36760

AZranch, I agree that you should go with the hydro tranmission & 4x4, as well as the implements you mentioned. Probably want a toothbar on the FEL. I'd suggest the B2710/2910 as a starting place. Smaller might be nice sometimes in the garden, but bigger would be better on the other jobs, so I think that would be best all round. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
AZranch

2002-03-27          36776

Bird Senter...thanks for the feedback. What might list price be on these (2710-2910)?
I am planning a trip to a dealer nearby, what might the real walkaway price be like?
Regards ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Mrwurm

2002-03-27          36778

AZ, I was quoted $17,400 for the BL2910 hydro 4X4 loader turf tires 30hp.
Jerry ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-03-27          36785

AZranch, what I've seen indicated that "retail" or MSRP for the B2710 alone is $15,500, but the fact is that you can get them considerably cheaper. In fact, I paid $15,500 for both tractor and loader ($12,600 for the tractor, $2,900 for the loader, and then added $295 for a steel canopy); R1 (ag) tires. My dealer told me yesterday that he would want $15,750 for the same rig today. So I'd say $15,500 to $16k for tractor and loader, and figure another $700-1,000 for the B2910. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
jwy

2002-03-28          36816

AZ Ranch,
Just for grins, I would suggest you look at the Grand L series Kubota for a comparison to the B2910. The L3010 is the entry level in the L series while I believe the B2910 is the top-end in the B series. The price between the B2910 and the L3010 are very similar in the Dallas area. The L series gives you a slightly sleeker tractor along with more operator comfort and even a little stronger in most area:e.g. L3010-32 gross hp/24 pto hp, the B2910 30 gross hp/22 pto hp////L3010 fuel tank 9+ gallons, B2910 6+ gallons////L3010 lift at 24" behind lift 2200 lbs, B2910 1300 lbs////total hydraulic flow-L3010 11.7 gpm, B2910 9.5 gpm. The L3010 gives you an adjustable, reclinig seat, a tilt steering wheel, cruise control. I'm not sure if the B series include those 3 features. If your time on the tractor is long, comfort sure means a lot at the end of the day. A few dollars more in the beginning can be returned many time over the years. I don't mean to meddle, but I tho't my notes might be of some benefit in your evaluation process. Good luck. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-03-28          36819

JWY, the B2910 does include the tilt, cruise, adjustable seat, etc.; HOWEVER, I suggested the B2710/2910 as a STARTING point, and certainly don't disagree with your suggestion to look at the L series also. Good idea, as far as I'm concerned. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
AZranch

2002-04-01          36952

Great help all...now the number crunching begins.
Thanks for the input. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2002-04-04          37051

jwy, what kind of prices have u found on the L3010?

i am in dallas and am considering either the NH tc33d or maybe the kubota...is zimmerer kubota a decent place to buy from? ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-04-04          37054

Is Zimmerer a decent place to buy from? Yes. In '95, I talked to them and they were good (a Kubota factory service rep also told me they were the best service), but I got a little better price in Waco and it was closer, so I bought in Waco. However, recently a guy in Wylie told me about the deal he got from Zimmerer and it was better than you can get in Waco.LOL ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2002-04-06          37119

bird... since u are in my area, (sort of!), let me tell u what i found....
in the equipment trader this week, Luber Bros. Kubota in OK City has the L3010 HST with FEL / 5' Mower / 5' boxBlade /18' trailer for $17,895! Have u tried to price a package like this before?...seems like a pretty good price for a new L3010HST ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2002-04-06          37122

as long as we are on the subject of buying new, if i ask the dealer to change out the heavy gripped ag tires and exchange them for (4) industrial tires, what , if any , charge should i expect for this service...are ind. tires more expensive than ag. tires? ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-04-07          37129

That package deal doesn't sound bad at all to me, but I haven't really kept up with prices that well lately, so others may know a lot more about it than I. Package deals are usually a little better price than buying the individual components IF you need or want all the components that are included. Even on a package deal, though, I'd want to see a breakdown of how much the dealer is charging for each item.

As far as the tires go, I've gotten different answers from different dealers in the past. Some dealers said they charged the same price for the tractor with whichever tires the customer wanted, and some wanted $100 more for the R4 tires. And that was on the smaller B series tractors, so the numbers may be different on the larger L series. ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
bigbukhntr

2002-04-07          37145

what exactly does poly-filled tires mean, other than the obvious, and is it worth getting, as i had a dealer mention that a L3010 i was going to rent this past weekend did not have polyfilled tires...is this something i should consider ?? ....

Best model for my needs

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-04-07          37147

There are a number of liquids used to fill tires for ballast; calcium chloride, antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, "beet juice", etc. and there are a number of "foams" used to fill tires, primarily to prevent flats, but which also serve as ballast. The "polyfilled" tires refers to one of these types of flat proof foams. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login