Go Bottom Go Bottom

Specifications

View my Photos
R.W. McAlister
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-10-28          32721

Hi there. I'm interested in buying a Kubota B7100. A local dealer has one (grey market tractor) that I've driven and it's in great condition. I'm wondering if anyone would have a spec sheet they could post or point me to one on-line. I figured out all the controls (they're marked in Japanese) except the pto and front wheel assist engagement. I think the front wheels are controlled by a lever to the right of the gear shift, but I couldn't get it to move. The dealer swears he's had it in engaged. The pto is operated by a lever on the left of the shifter, but what's up with the 3 speed pto? None of my big tractors have that. Does the pto operate when the tractor is in neutral with the clutch let out, or is it ground driven only? I'm also curious about the lift capacity at the 3 pt. hitch: how much? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.RW

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Specifications

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-10-29          32727

R.W., the B7100 is NOT a grey market tractor. Did you mean B7001 maybe? You can go to http://www.kubota.com, click on Product Support, and read what they say about grey market tractors, including a list of model numbers. As for the rest of your question, I used to have a '95 B7100 and it had a two speed PTO and both the rear and mid-PTO ran simultaneously at the selected speed. And yes, they ran in neutral if you released the clutch. Of course, it was two range hydro transmission. Is the one you're looking at hydro or gear? ....

Specifications

View my Photos
R.W. McAlister

2001-10-29          32752

I'm looking at a gear drive unit, and I didn't even know what a "grey market" tractor was until the dealer told me the guy who traded it in said it was grey market. I have yet to find any English written anywhere on the tractor, but at any rate, I'm still interested in it no matter what it's origin. I'm still curious though about its lift capacity at the end of the lift arms and exactly what the trick is to engaging the front wheels. Also, any guess as to what this thing weighs w/o ballast? Thanks for your help.

RW ....

Specifications

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-10-30          32768

Hard to say on the specs, R.W., since we really don't know what model it is, but for comparison purposes, I can give you some specs on a '95 B7100HSD. Engine hp = 16; PTO hp = 13; weight = 1257 lbs. And I don't remember the other specs right now. ....

Specifications

View my Photos
R.W. McAlister

2001-10-30          32773

The model is B7100, it's on the name plate on each side of the tractor. To see a picture of it, go to www.ironsearch.com and input Kubota B7100 in the search fields. There will be multiple listings. Click on the one at Heuer and Sons and there's the picture. Thanks for the specs and the help.

RW ....

Specifications

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-10-30          32779

OK, R.W., I give up. I never heard of there being a "grey market" B7100, and apparently Kubota hasn't either, since it's not included in their list of grey market tractors, and I can't read a model number in that picture, but I'll take your word for it. If that says B7100, I'd bet someone put a B7100 decal where it used to say B7001, but maybe not. ....

Specifications

View my Photos
jb85302

2001-10-30          32782

It's a very confused tractor. It has ROPS(greys don't)that could have been added by the last owner. The tractor also has the extremely deep ag (rice)tires on it(greys do have those). Looks like a good deal if everything works. The way I understand the 7100(U.S model) and 7001(grey) are almost identical. ....

Specifications

View my Photos
R.W. McAlister

2001-10-30          32785

Yeah, I know. I've been confused on this one, too. What about the 4wd engagement? Is it the lever on the right of the transmission? Thanks again.

RW ....

Specifications

View my Photos
John Mc

2001-10-30          32788

Re: 4wd engagement

Did you try letting up on the clutch, then depressing it again and trying the lever that you think it is again? Sometimes the gears stop in the wrong position to engage. Letting up the clutch will spin them a bit and give you another shot at getting it into 4wd. ....

Specifications

View my Photos
R.W. McAlister

2001-10-30          32792

Good common sense tip. Should've tried that. When I go back this week to check it out again, I'll try that. Thanks.

RW ....

Specifications

View my Photos
TomG

2001-10-31          32808

A small point: Some front drives are driven from one of the differential ring gears. Letting out the clutch with the transmission in neutral doesn't necessarily move the ring gear. I sometimes use the clutch trick to get my 4wd to engage easily. If it doesn't work in neutral, I put the TX in gear, and use low idle rpm's of course. I’ve also lifted the front wheels with the loader to release any front axle wind up. ....

Specifications

View my Photos
R.W. McAlister

2001-10-31          32809

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate all the help.

RW ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login