Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7610 or Kubota B7800

View my Photos
linedrive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-14          142943

I'm getting ready to buy but am undecided on which one. Either will have a FEL. I've read you never have too much HP but will the 7610 be enough. Flat ground, general landscaping, some snow removal, moving stones, removing and spreading gravel.
Not that much difference when financing but it all adds up.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-14          142948

I have the B7610 and it is a great tractor for Mowing, snowblowing and loader work. I love it.

If your main applications will be things like precison use of say a grader blade on the 3PH, please be aware that neither the B7610 nor the B7800 have "Position Control" on the 3PH but instead have a "Quarter Inching" Valve. Position control does not matter to me because my main use for the Grader Blade is to clear my driveway of stuff my blower misses so I drag it in the full down position. When I have tried to grade stone dust with the Quarter inching valve its so tough to adjust I usually reverse the blade and just drag it to smooth it.

Dennis

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-14          142952

DennisCTB,

Before I go much further, I want you to know that I'm jealous. :) hehehe. I really wanted a B7610 when I went looking for a tractor, but I couldn't find one in the price range I was willing to pay, as the only option available was a brand new one off the dealer's lot. (Yikes!) The price turned me away.

I settled for a 2001 model B2100. Don't get me wrong.....I like my tractor a whole lot, but I sometimes wish I had a little more power for tilling with a larger tiller. Additionally, I could have used a slightly larger Front End Loader. The bucket on the B2100 is far too small to do any snow removal work. However, it works great for clearing out those smaller areas between the doors, sidewalks, etc.

Now I always thought the quarter inching valve was a luxury that I should have had on my tractor, but after reading your comments I'm no longer so sure about that.

If you could try to explain the drawbacks of the quarter inching valve a bit better, so that I can get a firm grasp of the problems with it, I'd appreciate it much.

Thank you.

Joel ....

View my Photos
ihookem

2007-06-18          143033

You will be amazed at the power and movability of the 7610. I doubt you need any more power. If you do it for money or a job them maybe a 7800 is better. I have a 7510 and can plow a 1000' driveway with 6" of snow in an hour even with drifts. I can spread 15 yds of small stone nice and flat in a half hour easy. mow 1 ac. of grass in an hour. The 7800 will be faster in the open areas, but will loose in tight spots if boulders or trees are around. My only complaint is the turf tires are 4 ply and I got 4 flats in 187 hrs on the tack. I would get bar tires instead of turfs. ....

View my Photos
linedrive

2007-06-18          143034

Thanks, I'm leaning towards the 7610 and saving the $1500 for "other" toys and attachments for the tractor. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-06-18          143035

Candoarms,

The quarter inching valve is a big improvement over a just up down lever, but the problem is that when you are grading you are moving and as your front wheels go up over any bumps you need to adjust the blade or it will dig or lift. The qtr inch valve has a latency because you have to check if that was enough then again apply or uapply it repeatedly until you get it right. By the time you get it right your missed it LOL.

I use it and wouldn't go without it but I know after using it I would buy position control instead now that I know how it works, particularly if grading with the 3PH was a major part of my work.

The way it works is you have a lever with up down end points, there is a half up and half down detent position that if you go to neutral to detent and back its supposed to be a qtr inch at the implement. To get an inch its 4 throws to detent to get it up an inch. So you can see if you are moving even slowly this is a problem and you always have to be looking to see if you raised it enough. With position control the lever position is the position of the implement, there is no rocking back and forth, and it moves to the levered position instantly.

View my Photos
linedrive

2007-07-02          143361

Oh boy, my new toy was delivered on Saturday. B7610 with FEL and Bush Hog box blade. Dug some holes, filled them in, drove around the yard, hauled some stuff too heavy for me to lift. Wife says I'm like a 3 year old in a sand box! Now to start gathering all the other attachments. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-09-05          145376

I added a video on how the Quarter Inching Valve works on a B7610. See link below ....

Link:   Kubota B7610 Quarter Inching Valve vs Postion Control

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-05          145383

DennisCTB,

I want to thank you for posting the videos. I watched several of them.

Now that I've seen how the quarter-inching valve works, I want one. It would be so much easier to spread gravel with a blade, or to position my cement mixer for emptying when using the quarter-inching valve. (I hate it when I tip over the wheel barrow with the cement mixer, by lowering the three-point too far with the course adjustment I have.)

It seems to me that the quarter inching valve is fairly responsive, and quick-acting, which would make for some fairly violent movements at higher engine RPMs. It seems that the best way to use this adjustment is to operate it at lower engine revs, to prevent this violent movement.

Anyway, the videos were well-done, and I enjoyed them very much. The lesson on the operation of the quarter-inching valve was most educational.

Many thanks.

Joel ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-09-05          145384

Linedrive,

You have a very nice machine. The Kubota B Series tractors are most reliable, trouble-free, easy to maintain, and very enjoyable to operate.

You have the horsepower you need to perform most any chore you'll ever dream up. You can easily handle any 5ft implement, without putting any strain on your engine. The best part about this, is that you also have a tractor small enough to park in any ordinary garage.

Believe me, you'll dream up more projects for your tractor than you ever thought possible. Turn off that TV and get out of the house.....as if I needed to tell you that!

Enjoy your new machine......and please be careful.

Joel

View my Photos
linedrive

2007-09-05          145385

I'm getting much more use out of the tractor than I could have imagined. NO more lifting for me! Wife has also gotten over the "why do you need it" phase. We just dropped 5 trees over the weekend and the Bearcat Chipper took care of all the limbs with ease. Overall I really like it other than the seat. I called the dealer about the replacement that was promised when I bought it and he stated they weren't in yet but would pull one from a new tractor and send it my way. Hopefully it will eliminate the sore arse from the old style.

Thanks for the video ....

View my Photos
linedrive

2007-09-05          145406

New seat arrived today and it is great! Completely different feel of the tractor driving position due to change out from older lazy L seat. I like it.

Not bad, one day after complaining of my sore arse the seat arrived at the house when I got home from work, no cost to me. Great dealer! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login