Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
BillShenefelt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-14          142069

Getting a BX 1850 (most likely, unless I get a good deal to upgrade to a BX 2350. I am a lttle on the short side (5'8") and if I lean back in the seat I barely reach the steering wheel with the seat fully forward. Anyone know if there is some sort of available seat cushion for the back that would "straighten up the seat" My arthritis gets to me if I don't get good back support. I know this may be a stupid question but thought maybe someone else has found a good solution to this. The Kubota seats seem a bit forward leg sloped and backward back sloped not a nice 90 degree angle, more like 135 degrees. I thought maybe I could redrill the underside of the seat to move it up an inch or two but the dealer was not very hot on this idea. Is there a substitute seat for a small tractor I could buy and stick on to do this with? I see seats but none mentions compatability with Kubota. Also anyone ever shorten the front loader control stick? Reallyobtrusive with the length on there. Maybe removable easily when not using front loader?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
lbrown59

2007-05-15          142123

bump ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
BillShenefelt

2007-05-15          142127

bunp, ?? ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-16          142146

Which 'Bota did you get? If you get one with a backhoe you are pretty much stuck with the seat you get.

I have been looking for replacement tractor seats too and, outside of the manufacturers parts list, all I find is generic replacement seats for big farm tractors.

I would see no problem in shorting the FEL control lever if that makes the tractor fit you better.

You might have to fabricate some new seat rails or adapt an existing design. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
BillShenefelt

2007-05-16          142148

I got the BX24 with the backhoe. The real seat problem is present on all the Kubotas this year at least. Instead fo like a 90 degree configuration it is like a "lazy L" angle. The back leans back and the seat leans forward. I have some back problems and do like to put my back against the seat rather than sit up not contacting the back. If I do that, I barely reach the steering wheel. I don't know what the bolt pattern (4 bolts into the seat) is spaced like to find another but when I get the tractor on Friday, I can measure it to see. Possibly some sort of wedge I can put on the seat back would put the top of the back more forward or I will have to see how I might be able to either redrill the rails to give more forward movement or redrill the seat itself to shift it forward. I think I ca remidy the problem somehow, just not sure the easiest way to fix it. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-16          142154

Well, that is where it gets complicated. The BX24 has a seat that pivots 180 degrees so you can sit at the backhoe.

If you get the seat too far out of it's mechanical parameters it might refuse to swivel.

Maybe some sort of customized, strap on bolster would work, or what the heck, maybe just a pillow for the couch. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2007-05-17          142174

"bump"

When someone posts in a thread, the thread gets 'bumped' to the top of the forum.

If someone wants their thread to be at the top of the forum they just have to make a post in that thread.

By tradition, people will write 'bump' or variations of the word to show that this is their intention. :) ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
Murf

2007-05-18          142190

From what I have found so far, all Kubota equipment uses the same (non-standard of course) bolt pattern and size for mounting points.

That being the case you 'should' be able to get on of the spiffy reclining (seat back is adjustable) seats with fold-down arm rests from one of the high end turf machines like the ZD or F series.

It will be spendy no doubt, but I can tell you, they sure are comfy chairs.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
BillShenefelt

2007-05-19          142219

Thanks for the seat info. Got the tractor yesterdy. Great. Had a small concern since it kept stalling when backing up a hill. It was not a problem (Sort of) it was just that I was leaning too far forward to the wheel and releasing the kill switch under the seat. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-05-21          142281

I have back problems and I use a back reast cushion that covers the entire seat with lumbard support, I got it at a drug store, it helps me, it might do the trick for you. I will add about 3 inches to the back rest. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
600rider

2007-07-05          143459

I have a loader valve on my Kubota b7510, I built a cab for it and had to cut the handle down so it didn't hit the window or pinch my finger, it works like a charm. I guess if you are a little on the short side at 5'8" I must be a midget at 5'4" but I do not have a problem with the seat on my tractor no BH or FEL but can reach everything just fine. I wish I could afford the arm rests for it though.(dealer quoted me $85....EACH!!!! ouch) Ken. ....

Kubota BX seat

View my Photos
BillShenefelt

2007-08-19          144811

Apparently there were so many complaints about the BX24 seat that Kubota issued a change. The altered design has more (rump room) and lets you sit further into the seat alleviating most of the problems. I found this info on line but not from Kubota. They apparently offered the seat to dealers at a very low price. They offered it to owners (If you somehow found out about the offer, but not from them!) for somewhere under $50 if you ordered by some time in late june. Once I learned of the offer, I went to the dealer and "reserved" one of the seats he ordered. Got it and paid $50. Heard prices ranging from free replacement to new buyers who had issues with the seat at purchase to $25 to $40 so $50 was tolerable. I still think it should have been covered in a recall upgrade. They wanted over $200 until I made a fuss since they had initially said $26 and they dropped the price to $50 at that point so I just paid for it, got it and left.

Anyone else run into this Kubota seat thing? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login