Go Bottom Go Bottom

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Oliver
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-12-17          138110

The LA 302 loader on my 7510 seems like it is not as strong as it once was. The tractor is only 2.5 years old -- it is stores outside (until I build an addition on the barn, hopefully in the spring!). The fluid (the yellow dipstick right near the seat) is so clear it is hard to check, but it looks like it is full. The tractor also seems to lug a bit more than. I have not been using it as much over the past two months -- put something "feels" different -- not sure what.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Could the hydraulic fluid simply be a bit low?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-17          138111

Is it cold there and the tractor fully warmed up when you use it? ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Oliver

2006-12-17          138112

Unfortunately, it's 40 degrees -- warming up the tractor helps, but I swear I used to be able to lift more. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-17          138113

Reduced hydraulic flow could affect this. Have you been keeping up with fluid and filter changes? Proper fluid and viscosity? ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Oliver

2006-12-17          138114

I had someone do the 100 hour service in July, and am about 7 hours past due for the 150 service. At the 100 hour service he used Kubota filters and fluids. I have never noticed any leaking fluid. Should the hydraulic fluid be checked when it is warm or cold? Does it matter? The owners manual is a little vague in this area.

Thanks! ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-12-17          138115

Oliver; Being stored outside does your tractor sit under the eave of a building where the water from the roof would be enough more than normal to leak somehow into the transmission thru a vent plug or something? Some hydraulic systems have a real fine screen on the intake that water will coat over and restrict flow. You said the fluid was clear, is this when the tractor has sat and cooled off or right after using it long enough to warm the fluid to operating temperature? Reson for last question, water settles out of the fluid when it sits for a few hours, but checking it directly after shutdown will show cloudy or milky color for water contamination. Far as an accurate fluid level check, warm or cold makes little difference, but parking it in the exact same spot every time you check the fluid lever is important. Having the tractor sit at a different attitude can make a big differenc on a dipstick reading. Best of luck. Frank. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Oliver

2006-12-17          138118

Yes it has been stored under the eave of a building -- and when it is not, it is right out in the elements. I did not notice the fluid being cloudy, but I will run it over the next day or two and see what it looks like when it is warm.

Or maybe the loader is just not powerful enough and I should put a down payment on the L3400 I cannot justify buying... ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-12-17          138126

Generally speaking if the hyd. fluid isn't up to nominal operating temp. that will result in the pump not being warm too. If the pump has steel gears and the housing is aluminum, the parts expand and contract at different rates and amounts. If one material/component is not up to par, you should expect lower pressures. Similarly when the pump is too hot the alum. housing will expand more than the gears and pressure slips past the side plates. I'd work it to the temp up, then evaluate it. Fluid type and viscosity play a part too, but should even out once the temp is reached. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Peters

2006-12-17          138131

Adding to what EW wrote it is not a bad idea to heat up the oils and make sure that you remove as much condensation as possible. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
rgpbeme

2006-12-17          138137

also make sure you have not pulled the up lever on the 3 point . If it is up sometines that makes the fel weak. You may have to adjust the control knob or let the hitch drop. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Oliver

2006-12-18          138147

I never heard that about keeping the 3ph down. If that is the case, wouldn't that make it impossible to use a counterweight? Or am I misunderstanding your suggestion about lowering the 3ph?

I appreciate all the suggestions and will start trying them later today. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
s chrand

2006-12-18          138150

I think what he means is make sure the control lever for the 3pt hitch is not in the 'raise' position. It needs to be back in the 'neutral' position. On my BX if the lever gets left in the raise position, my FEL will barely go up at all. The lever is supposed to auto-return to the neutral position, but may not be adjusted properly.
good luck,
david ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
Oliver

2006-12-18          138151

Thanks for the clarification. I often leave it in the up position rather than neutral. Hopefully that simple fix is the solution!

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
rgpbeme

2006-12-18          138158

Yes what he said! I don't think mine has ever returned to Nutral by itself. I am still playing with the control knob under the seat. You should see my act. Blade down and drags raise blade slow lift on FEL let blade down have plenty of lift but blade creeps down. Blade drags me stop rise blade put lever back in down raise FEL blade creeps down. It is funny sometimes . I have figured the valeve under the seat needs adjusted better. I have gotten it close to floating but close is still a little creepy. ....

Seemingly weak FEL

View my Photos
unit5alive

2006-12-20          138211

My BX does the same thing , the 3pt. has to be half way or down to lift properly, the loader on your tractor is stronger than mine , mine is rated at 460 lbs ,but it will lift 11 80lbs bags of salt but it won't lift 12 , Craig. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login