Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX2230 HISSING HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
pondrosa
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-02          130326

My BX2230 hydraulics make a hissing noise when raising or lowering something. It used to stop hissing when it had raised or lowered. Now sometimes it stops and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it stops hissing and starts back up again. It seems odd to me. When I called Kubota they said it's not normal. My dealer says it's normal, "nothing to worry about". The dealer has me keep the 3 point hitch lowering speed knob opened up wide all the time, full fluid flow, they say that's best. Any thoughts out there? Is this normal?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-04          130420

Sounds like you might be really working it more than than the hyd. oil can take either from a heat buildup standpoint or the hydraulic cooler is in need of cleaning or even the wrong oil is used. Also, if it is very sunny and hot, the heat tends to soak into the metal structure and hoses of the machine and sometimes that heat can't be dissipated quick enough.

Try this when it starts to hiss again: while running at idle (the machine that is) run cool, clean water from a hose over the pump and reservoir and hydraulic cylinders for as along as takes to cool the complete hydraulic system down until cool to the touch. Then, go out and work it like you would normally. If it does it again I'd drain and replace all the fluid with whatever the factory recommends. If it does it again then you could have a pump that is going bad and is causing the oil to aerate or foam. The more it foams the more it will damage the pump to the point it will be useless. ....

View my Photos
pondrosa

2006-06-04          130432

Thanks for the suggestion with the water. I don't about the wrong oil, it's factory oil. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-04          130435

(smiling now) Unless you watched it being built and checked the build sheet---anything is possible once it got to the dealer. I had a Jeep 4-speed that wouldn't stay in gear when it was cold. Turns out the factory used the wrong weight of oil. Dealer put the right stuff in and never gave me trouble. ....

View my Photos
pondrosa

2006-06-05          130494

(smiling here too). I'm not surprised. The front end gear case wasn't full. It has a 5 qt capacity and was 1 quart low. Good point on the oil. Maybe I should change it. The tractor's only got 117hrs on it. Thanks. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-06-05          130502

The oil should have should have been replaced at 50 hours. ....

View my Photos
pondrosa

2006-06-08          130670

The oil was replaced at 40hrs when they replaced the "valve". The manual says every 300hrs after that. Do you recommend every 50hrs?

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-06-08          130674

By no means. I just wanted to establish that you hadn't run 110 hours on the original fill.

Next question: Kubotas are a bit sensitive to oil viscosity. Do you know what brand of hydraulic fluid your dealer used? ....

View my Photos
pondrosa

2006-06-09          130683

I was wrong. The invoice said the oil was changed at 31 hours on 11-26-04. They replaced bypass valve, fluid/filter.Installed "buffer"? on fan blade and had oil analyzed which didn't show anything.They used 4 gallons bulk hydraulic oil. The manual calls for 2.7 gallons but perhaps they replaced all the oil in lines? The invoice doesn't specify Kubota Super UDT. The oil looks very clean on dipstick but this can be misleading. I suppose it's possible they didn't use Kubota oil but they sell a lot of Kubota's and they have a lot of the right oil on the shelf. I think I work it pretty hard but I thought it was up to it when I bought it. Perhaps the oil is too old or worn out before it's time. Changing oil is cheap and easy so that seems reasonable to try, even though it's not even close to 300hrs. I just find it curious that after raising or lowering something, sometimes the hissing goes quiet and sometimes not. The dealer says this is "normal" but they didn't really understand how to correct the hydraulic control lever problem I described in my other post. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-06-09          130692

I have two local (within 50 miles) Kubota dealers. Neither one uses Kubota fluids.

I had a BX and an RTV and both ran better and sounded different on Super UDT than they did on other fluids.

Can you call the dealer and find out what type of fluid they use in the shop? Might be a place to start. ....

View my Photos
pondrosa

2006-06-09          130709

The dealer put in super UDT. So they said. (It's what manual recommends). Do you recommend Super UDT? I talked to the service manager today, he didn't think it was necessary to change the hydraulic oil/filter, clean screen. He doesn't seem to believe me about the hydraulics noise. Perhaps it's normal. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-09          130711

Super UDT has worked excellent in Kubota's tractors and I do recommend it to be used with their tractors as well as others. My second favorite would be the Case-IH Hytran as they built hydro's for years before anyone else. Hytran is a little thicker the the UDT although still thinner then most hydraulic oils. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2006-06-29          131525

I run super UDT in mine, with great results , Craig. ....

View my Photos
botamac

2006-07-24          132563

Yesterday I washed my BX23 and yes the hazard light switch got wet and the light stared flashing, this was no big deal I dried the water out and sealed the switch. But while under the dash I noticed a dash board lamp hanging down I checked all the upper ones (turns ,oil, batt and glow plugs) and the bulbs were all in place. Just under that row of lights I found three lamp holes, 1) was for bright lights, 1) was for hazards, and the last one has a HST on it, so I looked in the manual and found on the schematic that there is a hydrostatic temp switch and I think is when the trans UDT oil get hot this temp switch closes and the light comes on. If this is true, where is the temp switch located on the trans? ....

View my Photos
s chrand

2006-07-25          132603

BOTAMAC,
There isn't a sensor for the HST. It's only on the Japanese version I think. The location on the HST doesn't even exist. I had intended to put a parking brake warming light in that location on the dash, but got used to checking the brake before driving off, and don't need it anymore.
David ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login