Go Bottom Go Bottom

deere or kubota

View my Photos
the dude
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-18          127959

hey fellas, i needa compact tractor to backfill, landscape, load/ move earth/ material. have 6acres of land. am looking at the L3400 w/ hoe vs. a 3520 deere. which is better? kubota seems to be slightly cheaper w/ better 0% finance deals

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

deere or kubota

View my Photos
the dude

2006-04-18          127960

is there anything better about the deere other than the name? is the loader control on the Kubota less functional than the deere version? ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-04-18          127961

Dude; Both the Kobota and Deere are good tractors. Your choice of dealerships is more important than the choice of brands. Either brand is going to need service and parts sooner or later so having a reliable dealer is your most important decision. Good luck. Frank. ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-18          127962

The best thing you can do first, is to check out the dealers in the area. There are alot of tractors and all have problems. A good dealer close to you and a good warranty is the first thing to look at. What you plan to do with the tractor will help with the selection.
------------------------------------------------------------
Question - i needa compact tractor to backfill, landscape, load/ move earth/ material. have 6acres

I would advise 25 horsepower or up more hp is better if the tractor is not to large to do the job. FEL (front end
loader)with 4wd (four wheel drive). The FEL needs to be sized to your unit. Back hoe attachment there are several out there ask how hard it is to remove and re-attach. Does the dealer have a mechanic on site? Does he have parts? What kind of warranty? Will he deliver or fix on site? Do you have to return the tractor? How long has he been in business? Do you know any of his customers? Ask around about his after deal service. Will the dealer finance or will it be through a company? If this information is not important to you now, it will be when you have a problem. Do your homework before you spend your money. Remember DEALER, SERVICE, WARRANTY!!!!!!!!

deere or kubota

View my Photos
thedude

2006-04-19          128005

thanks for the info. I'm close to both kubota and deere shops, both have been in business 20yrs+
I'll look into the waranties more.

I'm concerned that the bx75 hoe / 48 (deere) may be too small to get much done. I need to pull some stumps and move some logs...
can these hoe's carry a log pinched in between the bucket & boom? within reason perhaps.

let me know if you have any experience(s) with these conditions.
thanks!! :):)

deere or kubota

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-19          128006

Dude

I have a JD 4115 and a 46 BH and Yes! I have held logs or I should say, Crowned trees in my Bucket as I cut to 6 foot log length. Did very well. I would guess my tree Diameters weere about 10 to 14 inches in daimeter and about 25 feet long or better.
I have a 9 inch and a 24 inch bucket and I have dug up some pretty good size stumps as well as Boulders.
It make take a little more time with the smaller BH but it still does the job.
My trees may be smaller than what you were thinking about, but my 46 BH is smaller in work ability than the 48 too.
Good luck ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-19          128007

Dude

It is really up to you, I went with JD because I wanted a seperate pump for steering and for implements and I wanted a dual cylinder BH and I wanted the seperate brakes on the left and the forward and reverse on the right. I use those features a lot and it may not mean anything to you or it may.
good luck ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-19          128012

Dude, be skeptical of some of the stuff you will hear, especially from the guy who's hoping you will write a cheque to.

I often hear 'features' being bandied around that have little or no benefit in the real world, some are even hazardous or dangerous to the machine.

A good dealer will tell you straight up if you're hoping for more than a given machine will produce. Especially when it comes to BH's, they probably present more opportunity to abuse a machine without realizing it than anything else. Stumps & boulders are especially good for breaking machines. A BH can put stresses on a CUT that were never intended, especially in the pulling forces. I've seen machines snapped clean in half from doing it.

Likewise, hydraulic circuit capabilities are often misinterpreted. One common sales pitch is the 2 pumps are better than one. If you are using a BH, I can't think of a single circumstance where I would need to use my power steering while digging a hole. In fact a lot of people prefer the one larger pump, the logic being it offers more flow to whatever needs it.

If the dealers are similar, then it basically comes down to which machine is more comfortable to you. As a good friend of mine puts it, he really likes my Ford truck, but he has a "Chevy Butt" that isn't comfortable in anything but a GM.

Best of luck. ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-19          128014

Dude

I have put on 200 plus hours with BH and when I bought it, I spelled out my intentions of use and the 9 inch Bucket was recommended for Stumps and boulders by my Dealer. The 24 inch was for trenching and digging.
I didn't buy my tractor to play in a Sandbox but to work it and that is what I have been doing.
As far as I can tell you, if the BH can NOT lift it then it isn't for the job and I bury it in place. My BH is a sub frame and I have inspected all pins and frame points, all are fine. I have yet to see a sub frame BH break a tractor in Half, at least I know of no JDs that it has done it to, but I am sure you will get a post very soon that will contradict this.....
The Dealer has been to my House and has picked up the tractor and saw the jobs being done. I was NOT told not to do it.
As far as the trees, if the BH can't lift it, it won't and I will cut more off and then raise it when it can. No Problem. I beleive I have even seen on this site a few of the guys have created hydralic operated claws for their BH to use the BH as a Cherry Picker.
Two Pumps, when I am plowing and digging with the FEL, I have NOT been robbed of power and the two pumps have worked very well for me and there has been Zero hesitations. You decide which you prefer and I was looking at Orange very closely and it was these points that made me go Green and the cost wasn't any more, after the Dealer gave me a good Price.
If my tractor broke tomorrow, it has already done more money's worth of work than I paid for the Tractor. So work it well and work it has done a fine job of doing.
I put in a Gray Water system and had a few boulders that were in the way of the pipe route, I dug a deep hole beside the boulders and rolled them in and away from the route and deeper into the ground.
Am I Green Loyal? I am NOW.
My tractor looks as good today as it did the day I bought it and I have only had to replace one hydralic line to the stabilizer, it was factory defective, had a bad crimp at the fitting and it leaked.
The Dual piston on the main boom are great for having some muscle in moving rocks or dirt left or right. Many of the other choices were only Single Piston. The JD of the BH seems to be more rugged and protects the vitals better. But that is MHO.
Dude, test drive and ask to work som eof the implements on the tractors you are interested and DO NOT buy for what you want today, buy for what you want one year from now and today.
Murf, you are really sloppy at camoflauge. LOL
Good Luck ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-19          128016

I wasn't (and don't) try to camouflage anything, I was trying to offer some advice on tractors and implements.

This is still Tractor Point right?

It comes down to choice, which is neither of ours to make, I was offering a different perspective. That's why this is called a "forum", then the poster can have several opinions. That is also why I suggested the poster not necessarily believe "the guy who's hoping you will write a cheque to." without doing some investigating first.

Is there some conspiracy theory I don't know about? There seems to be lots of paranoia afloat. Nobody is out to get you, just relax.

Best of luck. ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-19          128017

Whatever you say Murf..... ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-19          128021

No arguement, no racail slurs, no personal attacks.....

You're learning, now just keep it up. ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-19          128025

Racial slurs??? what Racial slur have I used? Are you sure you are referring to me? do you mean FROG is a RACIAL slur? Really? I guess I am new to that one as well, I didn't know people who spoke French were a RACE. I guess I am wrong again huh? LOL
Personnal attack? Not like the ones you have kinda aimed in my direction, come come, now Murf... Are we going to play all over again on a different thread?
Arguements? I don't remember arguing, wasn't you just a couple of posts ago who stated "It comes down to choice, which is neither of ours to make, I was offering a different perspective. That's why this is called a "forum", then the poster can have several opinions." I gave Proper, quoted and referenced information and you gave your Opinion, I guess we gave different perspectives...
God! you are like a bad cold.... ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-04-19          128031

Hi guys,

We do have a private message feature on the board so that you can have these kinds of exchanges without the audience.

Clearly some of it is entertaining and to some extent enlightening. But a point does come where no ones interest is served.

Wing you need to go to the myProfile menu item and enable Private Messages so you can get these exchanges between only the parties that are interested in it. Murf has the feature turned on.

Guys, I appreciate your cooperation in deciding when enough is enough ;-)

Dennis
TractorPoint ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2006-04-20          128040

Dude, you made mention of the loader valve "not" being functionable on a Kubota? Could you explain? The subframe on a BH 75 does not cut the ground clearance like other make hoes are with a frame that runs under the tractor. Many units set up with a frame under the tractor don't offer anymore subframe clearance then a subcompact! ....

deere or kubota

View my Photos
NMessick

2006-04-24          128185

check out the Woods BH80X backhoe. It can be equiped with a thumb that you can use to move those logs. Pinching the log between the bucket and boom is tricky and is asking for damage. We sell the BH75 and BH80X for about the same price. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login