Go Bottom Go Bottom

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Don
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-12          12738

I am considering a 2710 but have only seen a picture. How do they compare in size, ie: ground clearance, height, length etc.. to the other brands such as NH and Deere? The weight according to the brochure is about 700# less. Is this due to size or construction? I want to run a 5'brush hog and don't want to have to put the bucket on for ballast each time. Also, I want more ground clearance than I currently have. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Jim in Pa

2000-02-12          12744

Don, I am looking at similar tractors. Comparisons to the Ku 2710 (27 hp)are a JD 4200 (26.3 hp, Cub 7265 (26 hp)and a NH 25TC (25 hp). PTO hp is more indicative of actual power, but it differs based on manual or hydro transmission. PTO hp of each is proportional to the engine hp with Hydro transmission (5-6 hp less than engine, except the Kubota which has a 7 hp decline). Sizes of tractors are very similar (about 65" wheelbase, 53" wide, 85" high and 115" long except the Kubota which is 99" long. Each has dual hydraulic pumps so the power steering operates when you operate a loader. All have wet disc brakes, approximate radius turn and a three speed hydro range. Here are the major differences. The Kubota weighs about 700# less than the others because it has a steel frame. The other have cast iron components connected which comprise the frame (engine block, transmission and rear axle). similar to an agricultural tractor. The Kubota has a 4 cyl engine, the other's three. Elsewhere on CTB is a long discussion of 3 vs. 4, but essentially, no real difference at this hp level. The Kubota has a steel body, similar to the Cub. The JD and NH use a composite body and rollcage design. Kubota has a smaller gas tank than all and a lower capacity loader than all others. The Kubota mid PTO must also run at a higher RPM 2537 vs 2000 for the others. Kubota also has smaller tires compared to the rest. Other than JD, Kubota holds its value better than the others at resale. When you get the other responses many will hype their favorite "color" for various reasons. . I'm no expert, but I can read spec sheets, and the above are just a summary of facts. I found the three things to buying are: Quality for cost, a good dealer, and determining what the purpose of the tractor will be for to decide on features and size. Prices for tractors vary by region. Some KU is higher than others, some lower. You need to shop for a good dealer and a fair price. Hope this helps. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Carl Gerhardt

2000-02-12          12748

Jim's summary was excellent. I would agree with everything he said and I did not go to nearly as much detail with the comparisions. I ended purchasing a B2710 for two simple reasons.....we liked it best and the dealer was a great and trustworthy person. His prices were in line but we did not nickle and dime him for the last dollar. When I say we, I mean my wife and me. It really boiled down to the dealer and we just liked it better.I think we could have been happy with any of the major brands. The biggest hurdle was the $ these things cost. We looked at used but realized that these tractors don't depreciate that much. We went new because we couldn't see going used and saving only $2 or $3,000 on a total purchase of $18,000 (tractor, loader, blade, mower). ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Don

2000-02-12          12752

Thank you Jim, for your input. It sounds like Alan doesn't have any trouble with his rotary cutter, that is a concern of mine. Do you need to leave the loader on this machine for front counterweight when hauling the 5' rotary cutter? ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Jon Eich

2000-02-13          12756

I find with a 6' finish mower on the back or 5' rotary cutter, the front end can be a little light but extra weight is not necessary in my case. The loader subframe does add a little weight. Just use caution. The other issue of ground clearance: The 2710 has 14.6" min. of clearance. this is better than most L series tractors. I might add, that light weight is a plus for me when mowing my lawn. I always take the loader off to reduce the weight for mowing. I don't think you'll find that the lower weight means less rigidity at all. On the contrary! Kubota uses this same design on their Industrial tractor. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Mike

2000-02-13          12762

If you didn't want to use a loader for ballast,might think about some suitcase weights on the front end. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Don

2000-02-13          12777

Are those Kabota implements Carl? 18k is quite a bit lower than other prices around here for a 2710 w/Loader, Finish mower and blade. Sounds too good to be true. Where are you purchasing yours? Do you find the 2710 to be a smaller tractor than the 25NH or 4300JD? It appears to be in the pictures I have seen. It looks more like a JD4100. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Jon Eich

2000-02-14          12784

Don, you're probably right. I make the same comparison to the JD4100 (there is no comparison really other that physical size). See the other posts on B2710. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-02-14          12789

All facts as stated, you still need to read between the lines. The kubota did not include the three point lift arms in the length and there is also a loader manufacter out there that measures load at the hinge pins NOT in the bucket! Not all is created equal some just know how to use what they have better! ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Carl Gerhardt

2000-02-14          12798

The loader is Kubota. The 6' blade and 4' brush hog mower are Rhino. The difference may be in the mover since it is not a finish mower. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Alan L. Lewis

2000-02-15          12827

I've never had my loader off my 2710 so I don't know what the effect would be with the 5' rotary cutter. But the cutter feels just right for the tractor - doesn't seem overly heavy at all, other than the fact that the lift works a little slower than it does with the finish mower or box blade which aren't as heavy. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-02-15          12837

I always leave the loader off my B2710 when mowing or tilling, and according to the manuals, my tiller weighs 366#, the 5' rotary cutter weighs 614#, and the 5' finish mower weighs 536#, and I've seen no need for any additional weight on the front. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
gerard

2000-02-16          12870

Don, I just took delivery of a new [2000] L2500 which is a 27hp w/ 5ft general duty loader and a 5ft box blade w/rippers in NY. Price to my door was $14800 which included 700 in delivery. I bought it on line, sight unseen after doing my research. Been very happy with the dealer, purchase etc. The local dealer wouldn't deal and couldn't even come close. I went with the L series vs the B because I thought they were more of a heavy duty vs garden type but I could be wrong. I debated the hydro and it would be nice but didn't want to spend the extra money and it also sucks up 20% of the HP so I opted for the traditional shift model and have not regreted it much. (ok when doing a lot of loader work I DO wish I had opted for the hydro!) Anyhow it seems that with this size 5ft is the max implement size for cutters and such and I haven't taken my loader off yet so don't know what the weight situation will be like but don't foresee any problem. e-mail me if you want any further info re where I bought mine.
gerard3787@aol.com ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Carl Gerhardt

2000-02-19          12968

Took delivery on my B2710 today. Spent about one hour pushing and grading snow. I am thrilled with the tractor. Also, really glad I spent the extra $ for HST, PS and the extra HP compared to some of the smaller tractors.Time will tell if myinitial impression holds but I think it will only get better. I bought it from my local dealer who had about the same price as some of the internet offers. Plus, he will be here to service me if I have problems. I would have paid $1,000 or $2,000 to support another local business. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Jon Eich

2000-02-19          12970

Congrats Carl! Have fun. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-02-20          12977

Congratulations, Carl! I got my 2710 on 8/12/99 and have a little over 100 hours on it. It's a dandy little workhorse. ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-02-20          12978

More congrats, Carl. Hope you are enjoying your new orange terror! It is also nice to hear someone say that they will spend the extra dollars to support a local business. I believe in giving the local businesses first shot at my dollars, and last chance to match a better offer. Often they can't quite match the best price dollar-wise, but that doesn't bother me. I'm not going to nickle and dime them out of a livehood. They know that I'm going to choose their business over some stranger. There are a lot of advantages that go with having a local dealer available.

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
tralderman

2000-02-23          13116

Loving what Roger has to say. As a Kubota dealer here in Michigan, I love to read messages that support buying from a local dealer. It always puzzles me to read posts where someone has purchased a machine from a distant dealer. Perhaps I am nieve in thinking all dealers are like ours. I would never let a sale go to a distant dealer if given the opportunity, especially if the deal is in my Òbackyard.Ó
Likewise, I do not feel that I can edequately serve a customer who doesn't live in close proximity to my dealerhip. Dealers that will ship machinery anywhere are doing a disservice to the local dealer and more importantly the consumer. ....

Link:   Alderman's online

Picture Link
Kubota Tractors kubota 2710 size

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Don

2000-02-23          13118

I agree, and always try, however I have been screwed by the green dealers in my area and tried elsewhere for prices after this last attempt to trade with them was an insult to my intelligence. One area green dealer did come within $1000 of the not local Kabota dealer [two hours away], but after reading of all the problems with the 4200 on this board, I decided to go to another color anyway. Blue is within 35 min. and red two hours away [the local red is three thousand higher]. They have both been fair with their prices. There is a limit to the financial beating as well as the take it or leave it attitude of dealers in an area with a good economy that one is willing to endure. IMO ....

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Jon Eich

2000-02-24          13127

I agree Don. I had a "Red" dealer an hour away that I would've loved to patronize but I liked the "Orange" product better. Reason: I bought a used tractor from the "Red" dealer. He "bent over backwords" to make sure everything was satisfactory. I had a problem and that day he was at my house with wrench in hand.
When I talked to my local Kubota dealer(<10 mins away) about the tractor I wanted, He wouldn't even come close to the price ($2k-$3k difference) I eventually got from a "distant" dealer who was very friendly and helpful. I simply asked if he could do a little better on the price, that's all. He made it seem as if I was wasting his time (in fact he said something similar). Just the attitude turned me off.
Bottom line, you the consumer, are the Boss when dishing out your hard earned $$$. You've got the right to shop around. Free enterprize built this country. You can't whine about territorial rights in retail business. If you are "The Best" you won't need to!

kubota 2710 size

View my Photos
Stewart Keskitalo

2001-01-11          23330

I would agree about buying from a dealer close by or one you have trust in. I have a '78 B7100 hst w/4WD and 485 hrs. I am interested in a snow blower 2-stage for this tractor. If none are available then I would be interested in alternatives.I currently blow snow off my clinic parking lot for 30 cars. I have been doing that quite successively with this tractor. For better snowblowing I would like a 2 stage now( back in '78 only a single stage 48" model was available. I'm also a little older and i'm thinking of a cab. Am I gentleman farmer??? I also do the snow for my neighbors and myself at home ( a few blocks away). By the way are you a brother to Paul?? I worked with him years ago in Detroit and he always mentioned your dealership!
I will stop in to see your tractors!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login