Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
levalen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-17          122894

Does anyone know how the brake works on a BX 23? Is it like a disc or drum or just some type of mechanism that grabs the drive shaft? Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-17          122896

I would assume it is much the same as almost all other compact Kubota tractors, it would be then a wet disc setup.

Why do you ask? Brake problems? ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
levalen

2006-01-17          122900

I was driving the tractor for a few minutes with the brake on and didn't realize it. It holds when stopped but I can go forward with the brake on. Hope I didn't do any damage. I have learned to be more careful and check before moving. An indicator of some kind would be good to see on the panel. Bet I'm not the only one who has done this. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-17          122910

All of us who have a BX in our lives have done this. There is no shame.

"Hi, my name is Av8r, and I've driven around with the parking brake on."

(crowd) "Hi, Av8r."

Yes, there should be a light. No, you've done no damage. I'm okay, you're okay. Okay?

lol. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-17          122916

Hi, my name is MARK, and I've driven a BX with the parking brake on.

Can't do it on the Deere..... make too much noise. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-01-17          122920

I've done it on my Deere. Mark's right, it makes a lot of noise. A good thing, too, because the dash light didn't seem to stop me. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
jarndt

2006-01-18          122931

Hi, my name is Jason, and I've driven my BX with the parking brake on.

I wondereded why it seemed to be working so hard.

Not sure a light would have helped. An interlock would be better. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
JOEHONDA

2006-01-18          122936

Congratulations on joining the "I rode around with my brake on", club! Might not be the last time you do it! I have found it easier to just use the FEL as the brake. That way I don't have to worry about leaving it on!
JOE ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
Murf

2006-01-18          122938

Hi, my name is Ted, I don't own a BX, but I have seen tractors roll away because the FEL was used as a parking brake......

Best of luck. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-01-18          122942

I have driven my Deere with the brakes on so many times that I hesitate to use them anymore. They never made any noise when I drove with them on, and I am oblivious to dash lights. I only realize the brakes are on when I get annoyed with the sluggish performance of the tractor.

The brakes have always required a fierce kick to the pedals to engage them enough to actually hold the tractor in place on a hill. My wife is not capable of engaging the brakes when we really need them. I have to jump on the tractor and engage them for her (with my big kicker workboots). ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
unit5alive

2006-01-18          122998

Hi, my name is Craig, and I have driven around with my parking brake on, and Im hoping that the wonderful people on here can help me get well . ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
AV8R

2006-01-18          123013

INTERVENTION -- INTERVENTION!!!!

I just did it again tonight when I went to do some snowblowing! AND RIGHT AFTER POSTING ON THIS TODAY!!!

Can you say Dumba$$! Grrrrr... ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
jarndt

2006-01-19          123023

Snowblowing? Where in this country is there any decent amount of snow? This January has been rediculously warm, 10-20 degress above normal for weeks it seems. They said it would be "a winter of extremes." I'm just waiting for winter to return. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
AV8R

2006-01-19          123024

I only got a small amount, but, because i'm moving right now I neded to make a path to the storage shed in the back yard.

I'm still not happy with myself. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-01-19          123027

Here in mid-Michigan is a little German tourist town called Frankenmuth that has an annual snow and ice fest starting Jan. 25th and goes for a week. They have world class snow and ice carvers. They don't have any snow to speak of and have ice shipped in from Alaska. A neighboring town has a Shiver on the River fest for ice fishing but no ice. Up North at Houghton Lake is Tip-up Town. I here they have 8" of ice. Don't know where that came from. ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
dark_star_superman

2006-02-08          124239

I have a BX2230 with less than 10 hours on it, and I've already driven around with the brake on. Man, I felt like an idiot. Glad to hear someone else has done it too. REALLY glad to hear I did no damage.

You know what I'd like a light for? Not the brake, but for RPM's. How do I know how fast I'm turning the engine when throttling up/down on the 2230? More importantly , does it matter as long as the engine isn't straining? ....

BX 23 brake

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-02-08          124241

"How do I know how fast I'm turning the engine when throttling up/down on the 2230?"

Two words: Tiny Tach.

You are right in your assumption that you are OK as long as the engine is not lugging. More RPM's are safer than fewer. You cannot over-rev the engine.

A Tiny Tach will give you an exact number. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login