Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota 7510 gear vs mahindra 2015 gear

View my Photos
billys
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-24          119781

Hi All
New to this board and compact tractors. Have looked long and hard for the correct tractor for my needs. I have 2 1/2 acres and need to clear heavy brush from most of it. I also would like to do some grading and moving dirt and fill (not much. I think I have narrowed my search to the Kubota 7510 gear and the Mahindra 2015 gear. Any thoughts or advice.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Happy Thanksgiving.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-24          119798

Go hydro. ....

View my Photos
LarryStephens

2005-11-24          119800

With just 21/2 acres,would be dollars ahead to get the land
cleared.I had 2 acres cleared last month that cost only $700.00 ....

View my Photos
billys

2005-11-24          119802

Hi Again
Thanks for the prompt responses to my call for help.
Maybe I should have given more info.
I will be using the tractor not only to partially clear some of the property but to also maintain the land. I will be building two 40X60 dog training areas that will remain only rough cut. The palmettos grow fast down here.
Also I have a natural drainage swail that runs the entire length of the property. appx 360 feet. I need to keep this cut and clear. I had originally wanted a garden tractor but was advised against this by some good friends that do use large tractors for farming.They said I would beat the garden tractor to death in no time.
I already live on the property and had the section for and around the house cleared and rough graded but now the "jungle" is taking back over.Also I need to re-grade the areas around the house and dog pens.
There are a bunch more chores that I will be doing with the machine but I dont want to keep you all day.
I had priced the BX series but I can get more tractor for the buck with the b series gear type. I would love the Hydro but Im already streching the budget with this. The Mahindra looks very good, is heavier but also costs more. I may eventually put a FEL on when the budget permits.
These two machines are as close to apples to apples as I can find that will do the jobs.
Again any HELP or ADVICE will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Billy ....

View my Photos
Gatorbait

2005-11-25          119809

I have a 7510 and I can't stress enough to go hydro. I know you are stretching the budget, but for the type of work you are doing you will be kicking yourself in the butt, especially if you add a FEL. Also, I looked at Mahindra and they appear very stout. However, the Kubota holds its value incredibly well, and I couldn't find any real reason to go Mahindra over Kubota. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-25          119810

Have you considered any of the Kioti or John Deere 90 Series tractors? ....

View my Photos
Peters

2005-11-25          119812

I might look at the Kioti CK-20 on the hydro for price basis. ....

View my Photos
rico304

2005-11-25          119823

The 7510 is a great little machine. I would definately check all options, but it appears as though you have narrowed to the two you asked about. I searched all and am looking to buy a 7610 in the next month. My budget was enough to get a 7510, but following advise, I am going to stretch and go 7610 for extra HP. Hydro is definately worth it, but if you can't, you can't. My friend has gear and loves it.
The 7510 should easily be able to handle all the chores you mentioned, holds its value, and was (in my case) the best price of any of the other tractors in it's class. The FEL is about 3,000, but you can go with different brand or second hand.
If you are going to mow with it, they have a special deal with 7510 w/Mid mount mower. It was much cheaper than buying seperate. Good luck. You'll be happy with either one I'm sure. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-11-25          119826

Just curious.
Can you tell me where the Mirhanda is built? I was visiting a dealer that has a couple and he told be England but somewhere I thought India or Asia. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-11-25          119830

As I understand it, the Mahindra tractors series ending in 00 are made in India.
The 10 series- Korea
15 series- Japan (made by Mitsubishi) ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-11-25          119832

Thanks DK.
That is more what I had impression of. ....

View my Photos
billys

2005-11-25          119837

Hi All

Thanks for the help and advice. I can sure use it!!!!!!!!
Please keep suggestions comming in they are all quite helpfull. I will need to make a decision shortly as I will be buying this machine definitly between Christmas and New Year. (pension check).
To answer a few I did look at the Kioti CK20 also the 1914 (I believe). Very nice machines but the prices quoted were very close to or slightly more than the Kubota 7510 gear. Although the CK 20 was a hydro. Ill go back and ask about a gear CK20.
Did also check out the Deere but well beyond my means for the need. The Deere I looked at was the new model sub-compact. Was about 700.00 to 1,000.00 more than the other brands regular compacts. Not sure what their regular compacts start at.
Well I guess I still have some work to do so as I said any suggestions or advice or pricing areas to look for will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Billy ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-11-25          119839

Billys,
I suggest you give the dealership a lot of considersation also. The difference there will make you dislike a good tractor. Also, if that dealership were to close or change brands, where is next dealership. With some brands you will find yourself at the dealership for any and all parts. ....

View my Photos
jwngej

2005-11-26          119847

I have a Mahindra 2015 hydro with loader. It amazes me how much work it can do. It is very well built by Mitsubishi and starts and runs very well. I don't think you would be disapointed with it as long as you have dealer support in your area..I didn't get the mid mount mower as they are a lot more money than the after market ones which are rear mounted.. JohnJ ....

View my Photos
billys

2005-11-28          119979

Hi

Thanks for all the help and advice. I think I will go with the Kubota 7510. Probably gear but will check and see if dealer will do something on the price of the hydro.
Will move this thread to the Kubota pricing area and see how my prices compare to the others. It looks like the prices I was quoted are a bit high. Ill check on that area.
Thanks again
Billy ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login