Go Bottom Go Bottom

make your own folding rops

View my Photos
cthonestguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-29          118624

Does anyone have a good "homemade" folding ROPS plan? I have a B2200 and am ready to just take the rops off alltogether so it fits in my shed. Any ideas on a good plan to fabricate the factory rops to a folding rops? Has anyone done this with success?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-29          118626

Is the shed roof too low or the door opening too low? If it's the door opening it seems it might be easier to raise the door header and rebuild the door. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-10-29          118629

It's about 2" to low but the door is in the front of the building and the header is already at the roofline where it pitches down. No where to raise it except into the roof. I'd love to find a destroyed bx2230 or bx23 that someone is parting out but the chances are slim. I would think the bx23 rops are the same bolt pattern. I have a mig and will probably head to the steel place and buy some thick stock and draw it up. I was hoping someone else did it by now and had some pics. I did this same post about a year ago. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-29          118632

To me it sounds like a good time to update. With the new models coming out there could be some bargins in these models. How hilly is your property? I know your states terrain for the most part can be steeper then here when in hilly areas. To alter a roll bar in any way would make the roll bars modifier liable for any possible damages. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-10-29          118642

Lots of hills here in CT, I am in New haven county but closer to Litchfield county where you don't have a lot without some slope to it in one way or another. I have a "cover-it" garage in the woods but I hate to put anything good in it because the mice will have a play time in it. My shed is pretty mouse proof but it won't fit. My garage hasn't seen a live mouse since I paid $5 on a cat on death row at the dog pound. Nothing with 4 legs has been in there since. I just hate looking at the truck I spent $29,000 on sit outside and the kubota inside it's bay but the truck is a little more weatherproof.

You are right about an upgrade/ A little BX23 would fit nice in the shed! ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-10-30          118647

I kept all my tractors in the same dirt floor shed, having to raise the header to accommodate the "unfolded" JM254 (no ROPS on the YM240). When I got rid of Jinma in favor of this much larger KM454, I had the same dilemna; the header is already as high as it will go.

Solution? Boxblade. Since I couldn't make the header higher, I made the dirt floor lower.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-10-31          118695

Unless the shed is huge or there is another mechanical reason, I would lift the shed up and set it on a single course of concrete blocks.

That will lift it at least 8" and won't cost much but some time.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-10-31          118697

Is your door opening by chance on the gable end of the shed? I couldn't tell from your description. Many people put a big header there that's really not needed because none of the weight of the roof is on the header. Just the weight of a few 2x4s of the frame above and a little siding. You might be fine with a smaller header.
Dave ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-10-31          118704

The shed is 12/20 and the 20' side is where the double door is. It has a pressure treated floor and lifting isn't an option. To increase the door height would require to raise the roof a few inches. I have a cover-it in the woods but I know that 2 weeks of not using it the machine will have 40 mice setting up apartments in it. my mini-barn/shed it pretty much mouse proof. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-10-31          118707

How about building a dollie with large wheels that attaches to your loader or boxes around it. With downward pressure from the loader it could bring the front wheels about 2 feet off the ground. That would roll the tractor back and lower the height of the ROPS. You could back into your garage and drive out. Any steering could be down with the rear brakes. Other options would be: 1) to purchase new foldable ones. 2)bite the bullet and whack the existing one off about 2 1/2". 3)Copy the design of the folding ROPS and duplicate it. Choices 2 & 3 involve taking some liability risks. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-10-31          118719

You may find you can change out your fixed ROPS for Foldable. The bottom yoke may be the same, just need to replace the uppers. Not sure this is possible on the BX, but may be worth checking into. ....

View my Photos
Toolin

2005-10-31          118726

When I ordered my new B3030 I specifically wanted the short non-foldable ROPS. I did not want the tall foldable ROPS because of the extra clearance needed to get under trees and also I just did not like the looks of it. Just my personal opinion. When it was delivered they had forgotten to change the ROPS to the short one so I had it on for a few days until they brought the short one to me which I changed myself. While the tall foldable ROPS was on I had to prop open the 8' rollup door on my barn with a 2x4 just so I could get in and out with hitting it. It would be a PIA to have to do that every time I went in and out or even worsewould be to have to fold the darn thing every time. Now I can go under the trees better and get in and out of the barn without having to stop and adjust something. I think it would be a lot easier to shorten your ROPS than raise your barn. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-11-05          118980

I called the local kubota dealer yesterday and they told me they make an optional folding rops for the bx2200. $480!!!! what a rip off. I took it off and will take my chances. With or witout rops if it starts to go I'm bailing out anyway. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login