Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
mwking
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-26          116961

After five years of owning 150 acres of mostly forested property I really need a tractor. I am really impressed with the loyalty of Kubota fans, the problem is the what to buy. Kubota's model numbers are baffling. The property has a shale pit and numerous rock ledges that are a source for building stone that I am constantly moving. Other needs are snow removal (I have three driveways) backhoe work (endless digging for trenches and culverts), hauling fire wood and the ocassional logs for lumber,woods road maintenance and some rough mowing. That said I work ful time and thus have limited time for the fun stuff. I'd also like to keep the cost under 20k. Any thoughts??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-26          116969

You make life tough with your requirements. I'd look at an L-3400 gear drive and loader with grapple and don't look back! ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-26          116971

Art, can you do that for under 20K? ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-27          116998

Tractor with industrial tires,extra valve to run the grapple with loader and an extra cutting edge to reinforce standard edge. Retail price of just about 21,000. ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-27          116999

Looking at the chores list closer that wouldn't include the BH75 backhoe to assist with the shale movement and for constant pressure needed to assist with loading the stone the hydro could be a better option for the digging although to go at selective harvest with the 150 acre woods a gear drive would work fine. ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-27          117003

Art, my reason for asking is that I am always looking and comparing for a larger tractor for the ranch. I have a few more acres and want a basic gear drive tractor for bush hogging and hay baling. Those are still surprisingly good prices. ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
mwking

2005-09-27          117014

Thanks for the suggestions. Any doubts about staying with Kubota? What about Deer or New Holland? ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-28          117088

The 3400 is a great unit and we've sold good numbers. We sell three brands, and actually could say I sell the NH only painted red. Cadet is Mitshbitshi and Dae Dong or Kioti, looking at the warrantee work we do and what I recommend would be what I'd be looking at buying given the information I've recieved of the jobs to do and the terrain and time. I listen to customers as to why they like the equipment they are using and I often use much of the equipment we sell which also helps in knowing what the equipment can do! ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
mwking

2005-09-30          117172

Art,

Do you or others have any thoughs about the B7800 for my needs in my previous message. There are two for sale (used) in my area. Specifically, is this a big step down from the L3400? ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
Art White

2005-10-02          117274

For moving stone and doing heavier work you can't beat some extra weight built in. The B-7800 is a lot of horsepower for the weight and is great for yard work The L-3400 as much as they are hard to find I think I'd be looking for that model. ....

Kubota model guidance

View my Photos
aaronsmith

2005-10-04          117344

I need to know used value.Ready to sell.Purchased 1/11/1996
Kubota L4200Dt(80hours) LA 680 Loader, Tufline GB3/84
Additional Equipment Grappler,TuflineBoxBlade,NewCementMixer,Vicon 600lbSpreader,Saw,Aerator,GoosenBL-1 BlowerTrailer for Tractor ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login