Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota for commercial landscapeing and home

View my Photos
agentiron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-10          116202

I am looking for a manuverable unit for landscapeing commerically, and for around my 3.5 acres. I need to load a one ton dump with sides, aproximately 75" tall. I will likely need a BH, and would like to be able to dig a small add on basement, but this will not be the norm. I need it for plantings, and to dig out stumps of various sizes, some large. I would like one for tight areas, but need to do some bushhogging as well. I am looking at the small L serious, or the B3030. I would really like the BX23, but fear it will not have the guts to bushhog, or the lift height to load a truck.

Any help with suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-10          116203

I'd say your right on the BX not having the lift that you would like. You might also want to look at the B2630 or the 7800 for the price as they weigh the same as the 3030. They all take the BH75 hoe which is a great performer and doesn't hinder the ground clearence as the subframe units do. ....

View my Photos
orangefwd

2005-09-10          116207

Though I am sure the B and BX series are more manueverable, the regular L series tractors are surprizingly manuverable. They will also help you load a taller truck as well as brushog well. The l3400 runs a 6ft brushog with ease. ....

View my Photos
agentiron

2005-09-10          116208

Thanks for the input fellas. I was looking at the b7800, but thought for grading work it would be inferior to the 3030 due to the positioning feature on the 3030. Will either unit hold up well? Right now I don't see using it daily, but hopefully some bigger projects on a weekly basis.

I also considered the B21 as it seems very heavy duty, but liked the bigger hoe on the L series the BH 90. I likely don't need a monster hoe often. I assume the 75 would be adaqute for digging stumps. If I do dig a basement, I might be better off with a mini excavator.

Does anyone konw the overall length of an L series tractor with loader and Back hoe, or loader and Bush hog? I bet I would need every bit of 18 foot.

Thanks so much

View my Photos
bnrhuffman

2005-09-11          116217

Ive got an L3130 with loader and backhoe and Ive used it for grading and landscaping for a couple years. It does very well in wide open areas but can be nerve racking in close to trees and buildings. Im actually working a deal to trade it on a BX because Im out of the landscaping business and only need a tractor for my 2.5 acres now.
I also have a 1 ton dump. I dont think you will find a tractor smaller than a 3030 that will load over the sides and fill a 1 ton dump and while a 3030 no doubt can reach over the sides, Im not sure it could load it heeped and centered in the bed. Its all my 3130 with 723 loader could do to heep it centered in the bed. I would say that something in the size range of a 3030 would be a good compromise of manuverability, reach and weight for what you want but not great at any of it.

Edit: My L3130, 723 loader and bl4690B BH just fills my 18' trailer deck, it actually hangs over the end by a few inches. In short, if youre asking what size trailer, an 18' will do the job fine but leave little room to adjust the weight or carry additional implements. I used to carry extra implements in the truck bed to job sites and back the tractor onto the trailer with the backhoe hanging over the tongue to get the weight just right. ....

View my Photos
agentiron

2005-09-11          116228

That was an outstanding and most helpful reply!! Thanks! I wish that little BX23 would reach a little higher! It seems like it would be great for alot of my landscape chores, and would take up less space. It just is too little to get into the truck. Does the 3030 manuver alot better then the L series tractors? Does the weight of the L series show on turf where the B series would not due to the weight? How important is the transmission choice for doing alot of loading and BH work? I am new to the tractor world other then just driving Old tractors around.

Thanks so much! ....

View my Photos
bnrhuffman

2005-09-11          116230

I dont have any experience with the 3030 and havent really compared it to an L series side by side so I cant say how it operates compared to my L. When I bought mine, the 3030 wasnt out yet or I wouldve gotten it instead. I originally was looking at a 2910 but thought it would be a tad small and the price difference between the two was minimal so I went with the beef. Most of the time Im glad I went a little big instead of a little small.
Again, I dont have experience with any tractor except my L so I wont compare. I can say the L with loaded R4s will tear up turf while turning or if its soggy or with multiple passes. If you dont turn sharp and its not wet, it doesnt do much more damage than running a vehicle across turf though. If you are considering a larger tractor like the L, I wouldnt load the tires and I would get turfs, that would eliminate much of the damage. You will lose some loader capability by not loading the tires but It will still lift more than the smaller tractors, especially if you leave the BH on for ballast. But thats always a trade off because you lose manuverability by leaving the BH or other implement on when youre not using it. The manuverability issue with the larger tractor is with the length and how far the loader and BH hang out past the axles. It makes working in confined spaces a real treat. ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-11          116251

We load a 2 ton dump with our 7800 without a problem. The 7800 and the 3030 are the same size, although the 403 loader on the B3030 is upgraded with a little more capacity and lift. The power to weight ratio on these machines is awsome, since they are lighter than other tractors in the same class. Unless you really need the reach of a larger loader, the 3030 can handle a variety of landscaping tasks and has 2 different BHs available from Kubota, along with other aftermarket options.

For comparison:
B-Series tractor/LA403 Loader
Maximum lift height - 84.6"
Lift Capacity - 1091lbs

L-Series/Grand L-Series/LA703 / LA723 Loader
Maximum lift height - 102.5"
Lift Capacity - 1818lbs / 1590lbs

Both series can be equiped with BHs that will dig to about 90".

Hope this helps.

View my Photos
oneace

2005-09-11          116253

Did you look at the L35 or L48? ....

View my Photos
agentiron

2005-09-12          116258

Thanks again fellas for the replys. I thought the B would be sufficient for a dump, but thought maybe it would not be able to center up the load due to a combination of reach, and barely enough height in the dump positions. I will not rule it out. I will likely see if the dealer will let me play around with one.

I have looked at the L35, have not seen much of the 48 but assume it is a monster of a tractor.

I think the problem I face is that I want a tractor that will do everything great. I don't think that exists, so I am looking for a functional unit that will work in most circumstances.

I do quite a bit in confinded areas so the bigger units will make it tougher. Perahps even the small unit will be too awkward in the tight areas I face. I don't want to destroy alot of turf. Originally I was looking at a little traced ASV RC-30 for it's maunverability and turf friendly character. I just like the idea of a tractor, and would enjoy it more for Bushhogging and leveling land.

I sure do love this forum already, Thanks again.

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-12          116294

We are selling a quite a few dump trailers that will haul the compact as well as the fill. They often are pulled by one ton pick-ups or stout three quarter ton. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login