Go Bottom Go Bottom

KK 48 Brush Cutter on a BX

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-10          114635

I thought I put this up yesterday, but I guess not.

Has anyone ever ran one of the King Kutter Bruch Cutters with their BX? (XB Series) The new property has some tall field grass to chop down and I don't want to do it with the finish mower. For that situation, is my 2230 strong enough to handle field grass and very small saplings (way less than 1")?

Does any one have an opinion on these units? My KK box blade is a simple chunk of steel and works fine at that, but a brush cutter is a bit more involved. Should it have a slip clutch or is a sheer pin good enough?

Little help for the new "gentleman farmer" please.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
12251hd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-10          114668

Believe your 2230 will handle a 48 brush cutter just fine. I have a 5 ft 3 pt bush hog that I use on my L-35 (26 PTO hp) and a 6 ft pull type on a MF farm tractor. They both eat high weeds, brush, and even small sapplings with ease. Although one has a shear pin and the other a slip clutch, I perfer the slip clutch. However, make sure the clutch is set up and you look after it annually--tore up a PTO several years ago because of hitting a stump with a frozen clutch. Take it easy--your tractor will tell you when it's needs to gear down. Watch out for those stumps! ....

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-11          114697

Even the XB series (supposidly made for sub-CUTs) still rubs? I was hoping to avoid that problem by going with the KK-XB unit. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-08-11          114698

Horsepower wise you should be fine, just take it slow & easy.

As for "Poor Richard" and his advice, I would be skeptical, especially after reading his profile as DRankin pointed out earlier.

Maybe a post, or an email to Art will clear it up.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-08-11          114701

I agree with Murf. I think this is a guy who has been shown the door twice before.

He has very brown eyes. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-08-11          114703

Here is the truth on the BX hitch. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Murf

2005-08-11          114704

Other than the attitude, the repeating of, and incorrect use of the comma gives him away.

I also recall the late night, presumably after a few cocktails, posts. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-08-11          114705

I hear ya Murf! That Olde English Malt Liquor and MD 20/20 can really have a negative impact on typing skills. ;O) ....

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-11          114719

I'm not sure about the XB cutters. But the lift pins on my 6' King Kutter brush mower where to high when I got it.
Made the cutter to close to the tractor and limited my lift height.
I drilled new holes and lowered the lift pins 5"( not a big deal, only took a few minutes to drill the new holes). Works fine now. ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-08-11          114721

Not exactly sure on the brush cutter, but the KK XB Series attachments fit nicely on the Sub-Compacts. They are built for the lower lift heights and hitch up nicely. They have category-1 pins with category-0 spacings, so the stretch is reduced along with a shorter top link height. I have never heard of any one drilling holes in an XB to hook up to a Sub-compact. You will need to cut the PTO shaft to fit the tractor, but other than that, should hook up nicely. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-11          114733

Over the years I have had to cut many pto safts from some of the best manufatures, it is come to be expected. Better to be too long than too shrot.

Osifer I'm not as think (hik-up) as think, as you drunk I am. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login