Thanks,

DT.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Can the BX23 load a 3 4 ton pickup

View my Photos
dieselpusher
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-30          114135

The bottom bucket should clear a 6' high truck. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-07-30          114138

if you are talking about the loader bucket you can but it's close. My BX loads my 2002 chevy all the time. to make it easier I put my 2 car ramps on the side and carefully drive up them to load it. This gives you and extra foot and you can push the load down and pack it. The BX is just a little too short for comfort but you can get it done. You just can't heap it without the ramps. ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-31          114150

You could build a ramp out of earth and cinder blocks.

David ....

View my Photos
twickes

2005-08-08          114524

My BX23 loaded a 1 ton Dually 4X4 Crew Cab Ford with pea gravel as high as I wanted to pile it. From the ground...no ramps.
Tom ....

View my Photos
Archdean
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-08          114526

Not sure what your asking or why, point being The BX is a quality machine but it has limitations! And size and height is amoung them!! I realize that you have not idetentified your anticipated applications beyond loading a 3/4 ton truck! Marginial at best!! A B7510 for that purpose would be much better!! Check my pics! ....

View my Photos
tractornewbie

2005-08-08          114531

Not sure what/why I'm asking if the BX23 will load my pickup? Sorry, that's about as simple as I can put it.

Twicks answered my question, thanks Twicks!

I have many applications for the BX23, it's just *that* one(loading my pickup)is absolutley necessary.

One of the reasons I like the BX23 is that it'll leave me more room in my garage, and I don't need anything bigger.

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-08-09          114554

I can't understand why there is debate on this issue. The lift height is right there in the spec sheet on the Kubota website. If there's any question, just take your truck over to the dealer for a "test load". It's that simple.

The fact is the BX series will load ANY pickup truck except for the International CXT which isn't really a pickup anyway. The B7510/7610 and larger CUTs won't load a truck any "better" than a BX, maybe just a little faster.

IMHO the sub-CUT bashing has got to stop. As long as a sub-CUT is used within its design limitations, they are great little machines. In fact, I think they are so good at what they can do, many people start to expect them to do the same amount of work as larger CUTS and are dissappointed when they fall short. (no pun intended)

Okay, stepping down from my soapbox now...

View my Photos
tractornewbie

2005-08-09          114555

Thanks for the reply jarndt.

I'm not ready to go to the dealer yet. When I do go it will only take me 2 or 3 visits to commit and buy and I don't want to use any of those visits up yet, especially when there's a message board like this where I can get so many answers.

On the phone I did ask the sales guy if the BX23 could load a 3/4 ton pickup (bed rails are a little higher on heavy duty pickups) and he wasn't quite sure. In fact, he said what you did: "bring the truck here and see for yourself", no doubt to get me down there. It's hard to believe he couldn't answer such a fundamental question.

So far for me, out of all the tractors I've looked at (B7510-B7800) the BX23 is still the best fit.

Sure, I'd like to buy a B7800 with a BH and FEL. I have the dough and I know I'd have a great time using it, but it would be just plain dumb.

The B7800 T:U (Toy/Utility) ratio is for me way too heavily weighted on the toy side, since the BX23 would do everything I need it to do for alot less money.

For my needs the BX23 is a reasonable 1:1. It'll get the job done and I'll have a good time doing it.

The B7800 would be more like 10:1, which means my wife will never be able to get me off of the tractor.

DT.

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-08-09          114557

The bed rails of my F250 SuperDuty 4x4 "Off-Road" are 55" which is a normal or highest height on most 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks with Off-Road package. Please note that the new Ford F150 has higher sides.

One more point is the reach distance. Depending upon what you are loading, you may want to heap it up toward the center. Your lift height must also account for tip of the bucket to unload. Likewise, if you wish to heap the load you will need to reach near the center. I don't believe any sub-compact would do that. You may want to consider loading onto a trailer which is generally much lower and this could also be a transport trailer with sides to handle 2 in 1 chores. ....

View my Photos
tractornewbie

2005-08-09          114583

Yes, the rear end of an Off-Road equiped pickup will be a little higher than normal.

I have a Dodge Ram 2500 without any Off-Road option and the bed rails are higher than the rails on the standard 1/2 ton Ram, which my cousin owns.

View my Photos
metastable

2005-08-09          114607

Height isn't as big of an issue as reach. My 7610 easily clears the box of my 4x4 F150, but I can't reach as far as I would like. The grill guard on the tractor gets uncomfortably close to the side of the box. ....

View my Photos
funchy

2005-08-09          114609

My bx23 can load my small pickup (1999 ford ranger sized). don't know if the bigger pickups are any taller? I suppose this would also depend on if the truck has a big off-road kit installed or not. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2005-08-09          114611

I guess this thing has been kicked to death. The only sure-fire way is to make one of those three trips to the dealer and find out:))

David ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-08-09          114613

I have a BX and I have a 3/4 chevy and a 1/2 ton chevy. If you are using the loader- yes you can load it but you won't heap it because it doesn't go high enough. I load it and then squash it down and load more and squash it down. It's a pain in the tail but it works. when I want to put a real load in I use regular old car ramps and it gives me the extra height and reach (because I can have the loader arms lower and longer out).

You still haven't asked the question if it's with the backhoe or the loader???

The pea gravel deal isn't specific as if it were a backhoe or loader either. ....

View my Photos
taheide

2005-08-25          115421

My B2410 has issues loading my F350 Dually. It clears the bed rails easily enough, but the reach into the box is limited, I have to load from both sides since it doesnt reach the middle of the bed. When I lower the bucket, the hinge point touches the rail. The B2410 is larger than the BX23. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login