Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
SJ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-02-14          1117

After extensive research I've made my decision to go with the Kubota L3010,hydro,loader,mid-mount mower. I've been given a price of $19671 plus tax, delivered. Is this a good price and does anyone out there have any experience with this tractor? My second choice was a JD4300 and the best I could do was$20500. Since I could not find any significant differance between the two, plus L3010 has a 3yr warranty, I decided to save to money. I'd appreciate any and all comments on my decision.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-14          1126

SJ,I ordered a 4300 12/12 syncreverse, 4WD, 420 loader, folding ROPS, mid PTOand R4 tires about 3 weeks ago. I got it for $16,550 + tax. I think the HST would add approx $1000 -- could be wrong on that - anyway it seems like $20500 is a bit high on the 4300 even if you back out the price on the mid mount mower. Also, I believe the Kubotas are shipped over in a crate. JD is at least assembled in the USHope this helps ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-15          1136

SJ , Before you decide on the L3010 read my post and others like it on this board and the Kubota Tractor Source board. I too had ordered a L3010 and drove one at the dealers. The machine would not pull more then 2200 to 2400 RPM's in high range. This was unloaded on flat ground hard surface. The dealer even tried to get it to full power but was unable to do so. I called Kubota in L.A. Cal. and spoke with the engineer for the grand L series and asked some questions about this problem and he assured me that he would check with his field reps to see if they have had any complaints. Well he called me back in a few hours and stated he had tried to do the same thing that I had and he had no problems. Well I posted a request for anyone who has a L 3010 and boy did I get mail. It seems , no it is true that the L3010 doesn't have the power at 32 hp to pull full RPM's in high gear. This isn't only my feelings it's the feelings of those of us who use tractors and the L3010 doesn't have it in the upper range. Sorry Orange fans but this is true. I recieved 26 mailings and only two people said they had no problems. I even had one gentelman do a test procedure to prove to himself that his L3010 didn't have a problem. He's now waiting for an answer from his factory rep, because his tractor did the same thing. Well I called Kubota back and asked if they wanted the letters from all the owners that had contacted me on this problem and they said NO!. So sorry to say even though I still bleed Orange myself it wont be on a new L3010. And thats a shame because I have used Kubota equipment for many years but if the tractor wont pull full RPM in high gear they need to fix the problem before I'll put my hard earned money down for one. Just my advise try the test before you buy and see for yourself. Put it in High range set the engine RPM's at full 2700 and try to take the tractor to full power. If it laggs around 2200 to 2400 rpm you'll know. Buy the way I'm waiting for a new TC33D4 New Holland right now . Good luck! Scaper. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-02-15          1137

SJ , Before you decide on the L3010 read my post and others like it on this board and the Kubota Tractor Source board. I too had ordered a L3010 and drove one at the dealers. The machine would not pull more then 2200 to 2400 RPM's in high range. This was unloaded on flat ground hard surface. The dealer even tried to get it to full power but was unable to do so. I called Kubota in L.A. Cal. and spoke with the engineer for the grand L series and asked some questions about this problem and he assured me that he would check with his field reps to see if they have had any complaints. Well he called me back in a few hours and stated he had tried to do the same thing that I had and he had no problems. Well I posted a request for anyone who has a L 3010 and boy did I get mail. It seems , no it is true that the L3010 doesn't have the power at 32 hp to pull full RPM's in high gear. This isn't only my feelings it's the feelings of those of us who use tractors and the L3010 doesn't have it in the upper range. Sorry Orange fans but this is true. I recieved 26 mailings and only two people said they had no problems. I even had one gentelman do a test procedure to prove to himself that his L3010 didn't have a problem. He's now waiting for an answer from his factory rep, because his tractor did the same thing. Well I called Kubota back and asked if they wanted the letters from all the owners that had contacted me on this problem and they said NO!. So sorry to say even though I still bleed Orange myself it wont be on a new L3010. And thats a shame because I have used Kubota equipment for many years but if the tractor wont pull full RPM in high gear they need to fix the problem before I'll put my hard earned money down for one. Just my advise try the test before you buy and see for yourself. Put it in High range set the engine RPM's at full 2700 and try to take the tractor to full power. If it laggs around 2200 to 2400 rpm you'll know. Buy the way I'm waiting for a new TC33D4 New Holland right now . Good luck! Scaper. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-15          1138

The problem must be in the transmission since it should only take a few HP to move the machine unloaded on level ground on a hard surface. The other transmission with the same engine moves the tractor without a problem. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-02-15          1139

LEver39537@Aol.com Hi Fred I don't know why the unit wont come to full RPM's but I do know it wont. Thats why I posted a response. And you may very well be right, but Kubota says no problem and I quote" You know this is a very heavy tractor for 32 hp and a hydro, thats part of the problem." I think like you that the hydro robs to much power from this unit. I may be wrong ,and no it wouldn't be the first time that happened either, (laughing). But I would rather see the origianal poster find out before we hear the blues from a dissatisfied owner. I love Kubota equipment but this L3010 doesn't seem to have enough balls to move a tractor weighing around 3300lbs without a loader ( No Kubota does not include tires and rims when they give a tractor weight) to full rpm's( read power) in high gear. I'm sorry to have to say this but the Boomer I drove was a 29hp hydro and it never even flinched when I put the hydro to the floor (didn't mash it just pushed down like I normally would) and brought it to full RPM , full power in high range. So why does the L3010 not go to full power in high range? Who cares why lets see it fixed before we have a unhappy customer. Scaper, my 2 cents worth. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-15          1140

Its too bad Kubota has got so big that they won't listen or read the letters you metioned. The horror stories I've read on these forums about kubota's failure to follow-up on warranty work and general customer relations leads me to suspect quality will suffer in the years to come. The true testing of these tractors is the hours we spend in them as their "test guinne pigs" if they don't listen to our feedback their quality and engineering will suffer in the long run. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
SJ

1999-02-17          1157

This might seem like a stupid question, but I've never owned a tractor this sizebefore and what type of job would you do with the L3010 in hi range at full rpm?I work in the automotive field as a Parts and Service Director at a very large Ford dealership, and a condition like this if it was present in ALL the L3010 it is more than likely is an inherant condition. It appears that if does this power loss in only in some of the vehicles, the condition should be repairable. The disturbing factor is that the factory appears to ignore it. When faced with similar situations with Ford they will seldom admit to a concern if they do not have an answer at the present time. I'm confident Kubota will address this issuedue to the magnitude of the responses even if they will not readily admit it.My only concern is as you people have suggested, wait until the problem is fixedor find a unit that is not experiencing this. I suppose the JD 4300, my second might very well become my first. Feel free to continue your comments on the L3010 along with pricing info in the event this problem is solved. The best thing on my side is I'll be purchacing my tractor not until May when I move to our recently purchaced farm. Hopefully by then Kubota can get this mess straightened out!!!!! ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-02-17          1159

SJ I do alot of work on large hore farms in Delaware and Maryland, fences on mowing. I have two farms with 2mile plus lanes to drive . When I'm cutting the lanes I have to get back to the main barn area when it rains or thunderstorms. I have been caught going in slow before and I don't like it! The fact of the matter to me is this. The tractor is said to redline at a certain RPM, it should do tis no matter what range it's in and the ones I tried and the reports I recieved were the same. In high range it wont pull full RPM's. Now granted this may NOT be present in all L3010's but there has been enough of a response to this issue that it should be adressed by Kubota. I worked for General Motors Corp. for 12 years and believe me I know what your saying. I was told to tell my people many times just get it out hte door the dealer will fix it. Bullshit!!!! they need to fix it right before it gets dumped on the dealer. Otherwise good dealers like Carver Equipment will have to take the heat for something that the factory should have done right the first time!!!!! This was my intent in the frist place , find people who have exp. the same problem and get it fixed, if you read my first posts that is what I said . Lets get it fixed before we have another unsatisfied customer. My business is customer related buy far the most important issue with me. I try to do it right the first time everytime. Scaper ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
Peter Arnold

1999-02-18          1191

Scaper, it looks as if you omitted a letter in that first sentence when you mentioned those hore farms. Was it a "w" or an "s"? ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-19          1203

I apprecate the follow-ups especially the hi-range low rpm,s issue. Does anyone have anypricing info? I was quoted $19600 FOR L3010,hydro.,loader,mid mount mower,turfs.I'll let everyone know what I find out about the hi-range issue. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-20          1223

Check out the Carver Equipment site, you will find pricing, and its better than any pricing I have found! ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
andy beasley

1999-02-21          1248

I'm buying L3010 GST with LA481 loader, ag tires, folding ROPS, no mower.I'm in central MO. Price $16,125.00 ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos
S.A.

1999-02-23          1291

That sounds like a great price! Mind if I ask where you got the quote? I'm looking for the same model, 3010 GST/AG tires/foldable ROPS/481 Loader ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-02-25          1324

to SA, I got the price from Rogers Auto Sales 6601 Hwy 81, Piedmont, SC864-947-6377. I believe they are the oldest and largest Kubota dealer in SC. I've also test drove two L3010's and have notexperienced the lack of rpm's in Hi-Range. It might have been aproblem with the early production tractors? The two I drove wereright off the boat. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-03-01          1402

THX SJ-I was actually trying to post in regards to Andy's post...not sure why it showed up under yours. I've decided to go with the 3010 GST. ....

Kubota L3010

View my Photos

1999-03-01          1403

THX SJ-I was actually trying to post in regards to Andy's post...not sure why it showed up under yours. I've decided to go with the 3010 GST. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login