Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7800 hopefully delivered today

View my Photos
mbking22
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-11          110926

Well, after much thought and $ consideration, the CEO gave me the go ahead to get the B7800. Hopefully it'll get here today. I'm trading in my 2000 BX2200 with 4'RFM & FEL. Getting B7800 HST w/FEL & 5'MMM. I let my grass grow an extra wk just to give it a good initiation. I'm like a kid at Christmas!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-11          110932

Congrats! Not many things in life are better than seeing your new tractor pull up the driveway. Be safe. ....

View my Photos
shinefeak
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-11          110934

"I'm like a kid at Christmas!"

I know how you feel. Had a L3830 delivered last Friday and I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Good Luck! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-05-11          110952

With the land you have to play on I know you will like the larger tractor. ....

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-05-12          110981

It arrived last night. My wife & daughters were laughing at me-a 48 yr old man acting like a kid waiting to open his Christmas presents. Finally the guy drove up with it. After a few minutes of going over where to grease it, instructions, etc., I finally hopped on and got to cuttin. UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!! NO COMPARISON to the 2200, and the 2200 is a great machine. the 5' mmm never even STRAINED!! Heaven help me, I think I'm in love! ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-05-12          110986

I know the feeling well mb. We've had our 7800 for about 1-1/2 years and still can't believe what a great feel this tractor has. I've done some upgrading to mine. We now call it our 7810. Check out the pics for the 2910 parts we added and the three remote hydraulic circuits.

Hope you enjoy yours as muck as we enjoy ours. ....

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-05-13          111011

Beagle, I actually have read some of your posts before & so I got the telescoping arms when I ordered the tractor. They ordered the parts using b2910 parts. I'll check your posts again for more ideas. Thanks for sharing-how did you figure all that stuff out? my biggest challenge right now is getting the 5'mmm off and on. I can't believe you actually DRIVE OVER IT! to get it on & off. What a tuff mmm! I had no problem taking the FEL off & on-actually easier than the 2200. the manual says don't lower the foldable ROPS often, but I'm gonna need to to get it into my barn. Do you think that could be a problem? Thanks again Beagle, Art, & everyone who's contributed!! ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-05-13          111025

I used the 2910 and 7800 parts manuals to compare part set-ups to see what was compatable. The hydraulic set up was my own, I do them for a living. The position indicator on the 3-pt was a birth of necessity for grading work. I've got some more stuff brewing, need the time and $$s approved by the CFO.

The only problem I can think of for lowering the ROPS is you can cause some wear in the pivot joints. Other than that, you paid for the F-ROPs, may as well be able to take advantage of it.

Enjoy your tractor, great machine. ....

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-05-14          111043

I might try to throw a little 9 ft pole shed or something. Either that or get the little roof thing-forget what you call it. I worry I'd be bumping my head on it. What do yall think of those tops? ....

View my Photos
mbrosky

2005-05-24          111471

You really drive OVER the MMM? That seems crazy. Won't the weight of the tractor break it? ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-05-24          111487

mb, my 7800 is going to the dealer tommorow for a clutch biopsy after 115 hours. I'll keep you posted. Seems that the dealer and the regional service rep. don't know what the problem is. Might be something worth sharing. ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-05-25          111500

mbrosky,

Some of the larger MMM decks are designed to be driven over. They are heavy enough that it makes them difficult to manuver under from the side. I only wish my BX was like that! The deck weighs 227lbs and a while ago I nearly tore off the hydro filter when I was a little less than careful shoving the deck in from the side. ....

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-05-25          111505

Well, I haven't worked up the nerve yet to take off the mmm. It will probably be easier than I think, but, I wonder how long it will take me to get it back on? Plus, I'm curious about the clutch post?! ....

View my Photos
beagle

2005-05-25          111528

I put the clutch post on in case there is something I can share with another 7800 owner out of some recent issues. I have 115 meticulously cared for hours on my 7800 and experiencing problems that aren't easily explained. After some discussions on this forum, it has now been determined that the clutch is working properly(dealer opinion), but the pto contunues to spin when the clutch is dis-engaged. What the ...?

If I learn something worth sharing with other 7800 owners, I'll let you know. It's at the dealer now for surgery. ....

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-05-26          111544

Good luck with it Beagle. I know it's hard to be home without your baby! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login