Go Bottom Go Bottom

Telescoping links for 7510

View my Photos
Oliver
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-27          110417

I'm interested in making it easier to hook up implements (box blade, brush hog, 3 pt mower, grader blade and York rake). In another forum someone suggested telescoping 3 point lift arms. Do they make such a thing for a 7510? If so, would these make changing implements easier?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-27          110426

The lower arms do not telescope, the "turnbuckles" are replacesd by telescoping arms which adjust the side to side motion of the lower arms. These telescoping arms are much quicker and easier to use than the threaded tunbuckles.

Needed two of each: (Kubota PN's)
6C070-65320...$15 (roughly)
6C070-65333...$15

This is also on the short list of modifications to my BX, along with a tooth bar for the FEL.

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-27          110449

To replace the outside or arm end of the turnbuckle with a pin with a snap over quick release eliminates the need to convert the whole linkage. This is with considerable savings and works fine as long as you have all the same width attachents on the pin spread. This only is good for quick hook ups as it allows the arm to swing free to remove it from the pins and then reinstall on the same width of a machine. ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-04-28          110457

Art,

Could you elaborate on the modification you described earlier? I would LOVE to have a way to quickly adjust the span of the lower arms on my BX. My implements vary widely. (no pun intended) I get tired of having to pull out the wrenches every time I mount up something to the 3PH. Any suggestions would be helpful. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-04-28          110466

jarndt: My pic #20 shows the install on a BX23. This $60 modification is coming to my BX very soon. I can't stand the screw-type turnbuckles either! ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-04-28          110473

That's perfect! Thanks.

Now if I only had a ratchet-style adjustment for the lifting rod... ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-04-28          110478

I'd like to have one of the side adjusters that are like a trailer tongue jack. They're just a little too big for the BX though. :-( ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2005-05-01          110576

I'm still a bit confused. Will the parts AV8R discussed for a BX work on a B7510? Art, I'm unclear as to the modification you described -- can you elaborate a bit?

The way the arms work on the L3130 I use at work is great -- I would like to modify my 7510 to work the same way. Any suggestions?

Thanks! ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-05-01          110578

I *think* the adjusters I mentioned will be a direct replacement for a B7510.

Modifications for a BX: If you look closely at the picture (#20, sorry its small) you will see the lower link arms have an "ear" which normally attaches to a "c" shaped clip on the OEM adjusters. The new adjusters look like a flattened tube, open on the end only. This opening must be extended down the side of the "tube" so that the ear on the lower link will enter it from the side.

My Pic 19 is of my new short top link, but also shows the OEM adjusters in the background, if this helps. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-05-01          110583

I believe Oliver is trying to find out if extendable lower link arms (the arms themselves extend out) are availible for a 7510.

View my Photos
Oliver

2005-05-01          110586

Yes, I would like arms that actually extend out. AV8R's thoughts might just acomplish what I need, though. ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2005-05-02          110607

I ordered the parts this AM -- under $50 with the shipping included. I should have them in 2 or 3 days -- I'll let people know how they work. ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-05-04          110685

AV8R,

I too ordered the parts. They arrived today and I would like to install them tonight when I get home. I have a band saw at work which I plan to use to make the notch in the side of the tube. How long does the notch need to be? (measuring from the end of the tube) It's a little tough to judge from the picture (although still very helpful). ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-05-04          110693

I have not done the modification yet, but from what I have read you only need to notch 1 to 1-1/2" down the side. Where I read this, the tool of choice was an angle grinder with a cutting wheel.

Some of the people who have done this opted to use the OEM shackle on the tractor end and some used a self locking nut on a bolt with several washers. Using the OEM shackle requires opening up the hole on the end of the adjuster to an oval shape, so when I do this I think I'll just use the nut and bolt method. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-05-04          110694

Telescoping lower links seems like it would be useful, but I am a little surprised by the interest in ratcheting turnbuckles as it only takes a couple of seconds to adjust the standard turnbuckles on my B7610. What am I missing? I have found that installing implements on a concrete floor and using dollies on the implement makes it a breeze (perhaps an bit of an overstatement ) to connect things like a grader blade whereas without dollies and only a proy bar it can be tough.

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-05-04          110697

The turnbuckles on the BX are small and light, so they do not turn smoothly unless under perfect conditions. Also because of the tight quarters of their location, getting both hands down there to adjust them is often not pleasant.

Over all the telescoping units will be a welcome modification. ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-05-05          110707

I notched the tubes and installed the telescopic check chains on my BX1500 yesterday afternoon. The job went smoothly, but a couple things to note... The pins from the B-series parts are larger than the pins used on the BX. (no surprise) Therefore the attachment holes in the lower link arms and in the check chain anchor plate had to be enlarged to 1/2". Also, the pins are a bit long (due to the difference in attachment point design) so a stack of washers must be used at the anchor plate or preferably the pins should be effectively shortened by drilling a new hole for the cotter pin. I would highly recommend to anyone doing this modification to either use the larger pins or install bushings in the holes of the new check chain components. If too much slop is left in the joint, the holes will wear out quickly. This also applies to the connection at the anchor plate. This is because the connection is not a "yoke" setup rather just two plates stacked atop each other. Too long of a pin will wear out the hole in a similar fashion. Overall I'm very happy with the results!

Getting back to the original subject of this post... From what I can see, the telescopic check chains and lower link arms from a B-2410, 2710 or 2910 look like a direct replacement for the stock components on the 7510. Take a look at page 303 and 304 of the B2910HSD.pdf file. ....

Link:   B-2910 Assembly Diagrams

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login