Go Bottom Go Bottom

we need help with decision please

View my Photos
rdh711
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-06          107347

looking at Kubota 2710hst and Kioti CK25 hst, don't know enough about either to choose-seems like the 2710 has name going for it but the Kioti seems to be more for the $,it's $1000 less than the 2710, can anyone help????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-06          107349

I'm not familiar with the Kioti, probably a fine machine.
But as you said, Kubota has the name which in my book =
resale value. In five years that 1000.oo will come back.
Compare used prices.
Good luck ....

View my Photos
rdh711

2005-03-06          107358

thanks for your thoughts and help.Do you have ideas on if it is better to have more weight to your tractor(Kioti is 900lbs more)and more hydraulic power? We need it for some paddock cleaning and dirt moving. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-06          107365

Did you test drive both machines?
Which one did you prefer?
I've read lots of owners posts on differant sites on the B series Kubota and the CK series Kioti.
From what I have read, owners of both have been real happy with their tractors.

View my Photos
rdh711

2005-03-06          107379

Thanks for your input DK35vince.Sounds like you love your Kioti too. Do you know if the CK25 and CK30 have been around very long, and if they are new this year, do you think they need time to work the bugs out or are they pretty good with coming up with new models? If you were looking at those 2, they both have the same body,just different size engine, would that be a problem for a smaller HP due to the weight? ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-06          107384

The CK 25 and 30 are pretty much new models.
They seem to be selling fairly well and I haven't read about any problems.
My DK 35 is a first year model (2001). Never had any problems with it.
As far as the weight vs HP on the CK 25, I don't know the answer to that question.
Personally I would likely go with the CK 30. But thats just my opinion.. ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-06          107391

If it makes any difference, the 2710 will be discontinued this yeat, while the CK25 and CK30 are new models. I looked hard at thge Kioti's when I purchased my last tractor and really liked them. The CK20 was the CK available, or I may have gone with the Kioti.

The B7800 is a great machine. The light weight gives it a great power/weight ratio. If you want all cast iron, go with the weight. The Kubota B's save weight with some components being cast alluminum. Makes for a lighter tractor that's easier on the lawn and the trailer.

I also recommend you test drive whatever you are considering. There are a lot of different features between manufacturers. zyou'll get comfortable with one. And don't forget the dealer. Make sure you are as comfortable with the dealer as you are with the tractor. ....

View my Photos
rdh711

2005-03-07          107490

I think I have decided on the CK 25 w/ manual trans and frontend loader. The manual transmission was very friendly to drive and it seems like I am getting more available PTO HP than with the HST. Seems to be very heavy duty tractor for 13,900. Do you think it's a mistake to not go hydrostatic?
Thanks for your input. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-07          107492

I don't think its a mistake. I have a manual transmission (sycronized shuttle) on my DK 35 and I like it just fine.
Just like my DK, the CK 25 has sycronized main transmission, so you can shift through the gears without stopping, forward or reverse. They work real nice..
I also like hydrostat but I'm way to cheap to pay extra $$ for it he,he !!

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2005-03-12          107858

I personally think you are making a mistake by not getting hst, unless it's the amount of dollars extra that keeps you from buying at all. People told me to get hst, I had always had mowers with gears so could never see what the big deal was, having never tried it. I have owned 3 Kubotas over the past year and a half and now have a B7800 and BX1500. Traded BX2200 for B7800. All have been hst. After using hst, especially for loader work, it's the only way to go. Trying one on the lot usually does not reflect several hours of actual work and even at that you have to try it with both ways doing the same amount of work. Again to me there is no comparison of gear to hst especially with loader. Straight line mowing may not be as big a deal. ....

View my Photos
DaveM

2005-03-12          107862

I'd go with the HST as well and I mirror the last post when doing loader work I think it would be a little easier. I have a 23HP Cub and I would like a little more weight, HP, and HST. If money was not an object I would go with the CK30, HST. If you do any snow removal (I notice you are in PA) you will like the extra weight for traction ....

View my Photos
denwood

2005-03-12          107867

Well I too am an only hydro guy for a CUT, but to answer your concern about the PTO horsepower. There is more Hp available with gear, but the catch is there is more usable HP with the hydo, unless you are doing stationary work like running a generator or a chipper, etc. With hydro, you can be tilling, mowing, whatever and if you feel a sudden drag on the engine, you can just let up slightly on the hydo. ....

View my Photos
denwood

2005-03-12          107868

When you are past the tough spot, deep grass, mud hole etc, you are instantly back at the same speed. No shifting, no time wasted. Same thing at turning around or mowing up to a bank, building etc. As for a loader, when was the last time you saw a gear tranny skid loader? When was the last time you saw a gear tranny commercial mower? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-03-12          107869

Denwood all good reasons for a hydro if you will be doing a lot of close work like lawn mowing as well as if there would be a lot of loader work. If it is wide open level ground that is flat to be worked then a gear drive can work. I'd definitely be looking for an independent pto drive if my choice was a gear drive. If the main purpose is yard work then it is also best to be light for less damage to the yard. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login