Go Bottom Go Bottom

bx23 questions

View my Photos
kathypaint
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-25          106802

Hi, going crazy trying to decide what tractor to buy. Am leaning toward the bx23 with brush hog.Tractor will be used 85% of the time for mowing about 3 acres. Some tight areas. Will be used to clean out 2 animal stalls weakly- need kind of small for both of those tasks. However, need the brush hog to keep trails and coral area under control. Does the bx23 have enough to opperate a brush hog effectively? Recommendations appreciated. Don't want to shoot a rabbit with a 12 gauge or a bear with a 22.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bx23 questions

View my Photos
bobodude
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-25          106804

I can't comment on the bush hog because I don't have that attachment, but I can tell you that the BX-23 is quite nimble. It will fit thru a hole about 48" wide. It has power assist on the steering so it dosen't take much muscle to spin it around. I unloaded river rock in my backyard for landscaping and I got into some pretty tight spaces between the house and trees and sheds and all kinds of other obsticles. And with the hydromatic, it just takes a short time and the tractor feels apart of you. I have about 50 hrs on mine and I just keep finding things to do with it. ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-25          106805

Size the brush hog to the tractor.... probably a 48 inch but your dealer can tell you for sure.

Or pull up some web sites and find what the manufacturers say.

Use the PTO horse power numbers not the gross engine output. ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
jjfinn

2005-02-25          106827

Concerning the tight areas -- I have operated my BX23 under the porch, a space about 60 inches wide and in the woods with steep slopes where mobility is essential. Of course, you have to be observant of both front and back implements in tight quarters. I have been completely satisfied with the BX23.

Sorry. I cannot address the bushhog issue.

bx23 questions

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-02-26          106841

When I bought my tractor the dealer recommended a 42" brush hog for it. ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-02-28          106948

The BX series will run a 48" bushhog W/O any trouble. The BX1500 would be better off with a 42". With any BX, buy implemtents specifically made for subcompacts. You'll be dissappointed otherwise. There are lots of Sub-CUT implement MFRs out there these days. A BX23 sounds like a very good match to your needs! ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
Kendews

2005-03-01          107036

I have a BX23 that I use to cut about five acres. I have a Woods brush cutter that I got from my dealer. They recommended and I bought a 45 inch unit designed with the BX in mind. You can even get one that is painted Kubota orange. The overall width of the unit matches the tractor nicely. I'm very happy with the mower. ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
Kendews

2005-03-01          107037

I have a BX23 that I use to cut about five acres. I have a Woods brush cutter that I got from my dealer. They recommended and I bought a 45 inch unit designed with the BX in mind. You can even get one that is painted Kubota orange. The overall width of the unit matches the tractor nicely. I'm very happy with the mower. ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
Art White

2005-03-01          107060

You could run a 42" or up to a 48" maximum but the grass and the terrain helps me guide customers to the best choice. ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
botamac

2005-03-08          107589

I've seen a web site that stated that the BX 2230/23 had a rear PTO HP of about 18 HP ....

bx23 questions

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-09          107692

You didn't mention the need for a backhoe. If you plan on mowing 85% of the time a bx23 might be a waste of money when you can buy a bx2230 much cheaper without the backhoe. Keep this in mind and you will save thousands of $$$$. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login