Go Bottom Go Bottom

power service diesel treatment

View my Photos
cthonestguy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-29          105183

Hey, anyone on the fence as to what diesel treatment to buy go for the power service in the white bottle at Wally - World. I put it in my 2001 BX2200 and it works wonders. I thought it started "OK" before. But this stuff is incredible. 10 seconds on pre-heat and a click of the key and it fires right up with much less smoke and I don't need to try 5 times before it will run. Great stuff!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Paladin

2005-01-29          105185

Agreed. I am using it in my L3010 at the higher of the two recommended dosage levels. After a 10 second glow plug preheat, the 'bota fired up instantly at 2 deg below zero. It also seems to make the tractor produce less black smoke in those first few seconds of running. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-01-29          105186

I went by what was suggested, 3 oz's to 5 gallons...Yes. much less smoke and it fires right up. The stuff is one of the few products I've bough (except for my Kubota) that does what it says it will do. ....

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-29          105194

Yes it is good stuff, My machine really likes it also. Quick cold starts, less smoke, smoother and quieter running once it,s fired up too. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-01-29          105196

Hey plots1, nice hunk of land you have there! Great pics too. I guess I need to add some pics one of theser days. Those are some nice deer out there. I got a nice 11 pointer (5x6)this year out here in ct. It's that clover that keeps em growin! ....

View my Photos
NHDaveD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-29          105201

Hey guys, Murf has convinced me to go over to Power Service but, all anyone in this thread and others go by is the bottle color. Is the stuff in the White bottle called Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost?

What did you guys use before for summer, winter, or year round?

Thanks

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-01-29          105203

That is the one, the 32 oz bottle part number is 1025. Bottom shelf in thw wally worlds out here. Good stuff..I'll be swapping to the "silver" bottle in the summer. Says nothing about gelling on that one just a good additive...Jim ....

View my Photos
NHDaveD

2005-01-29          105205

Jim, Thanks for the info. That's what I suspected. It is probably on the bottom shelf at wally world up here in NH just as it is in CT....Dave ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-01-29          105208

I hunt in Jaffery nd Fitzwilliam every year and we go to the wally in Keene every year. It is soo cool going in there and seing a huge hunting dept not like here in "don't shoot bambi" CT where you can't even plan a shrub or drive over 35 on the back roads.

Based on that, NH is the place to be and I'll bet you it's at eye level! I've spent a lot of time in the auto section and walked buy it hundreds of timesand never noticed it. It's like the Lucas stuff- plain jane on the outside but real good stuff on the inside. It's nice when they spend more time on the product than the marketing. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2005-01-29          105210

Cthonesty, that does look like a good one you got there in your pics, congrats. I only saw little fella's this season.I'll keep feeding them well and will see what showes up next season. Missouri just started a new antler restriction this year so they should be able to grow up some inturn producing much better horns. Keeping them fed well won't hurt either. ....

View my Photos
Paladin

2005-01-30          105218

You need to keep an sharp eye on your state Game Commission once the antler restriction idea lights up in their minds. Pennsylvania has had a reputation for awful racks for years because everything with a spike over 3 in was a legal buck. You would see 20 doe from your tree stand and not a buck all day - they had all been cleaned out on opening day. Damn few bucks over a year old were in the woods. So the Game Commission decided to give out virtually unlimited doe tags (Five $ for a tag) and restrict bucks to 3 points on a side or better. Three years of this and now we have some monster racks in the woods but damn few deer. I saw one deer from my tree stand all of opening day - usually it would be 5 to 10. My group (we are leaseholders on private land) took three monster racks and maybe 15 doe for 50 hunters. Years ago the kill would heve been 30-40 deer. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-01-30          105226

I bought the year round version which has the cetane boost and the antigel in it. I figure since my tractor is in a semi heated garage that would be best for me, I would use the winter blend if I had in in an unheated space. ....

View my Photos
plots1

2005-01-30          105229

Paladin, sounds like it worked just as they planed it to. Your state was probley starting to over populate, inturn hurting the herd state wide. Our State is doing the same thing with the doe tag's. There's plunty of good deer here in norht east Missouri, should get even better as the Buck to doe ratio becomes closer togather. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-01-30          105231

After having my Dodge Ram fuel lines freeze up in 2 above temps--and spending 7 hours unthawing it with a topedo heater-- I'm a believer too. I went to Tractor Supply and bought the biggest bottle I could find. I noticed it starts quicker and easier. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login