Go Bottom Go Bottom

SELLING TRADING 2003 BX2200

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-09          101959

i've bought over 60 cars/trucks so i'm familiar with car trading. bought 2 new kubotas in a year so familiar with buying new tractor and now want to trade the 2003 bx2200 with 120 hours,(still under warranty) 60"mmm and fel toward a new or near new b2910 or b7800. not sure how this is most effectively/fairly done. i've figured that my bx2200 should be worth about $11000 from what i've seen other people asking, paid over $13000 for it a little over a year ago. any helpful hints concerning tractor trading/selling will be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-09          102001

The B-2910 is a discontiued model meaning there are big discounts on them. It has been a very sucessful tractor that is obvious by the number of years that it has been built. There are some changes in options and features to the new model but for the reliabiltiy of the old model I wold be buying one of those and using the discounts to equal out the added value of the full featured tractor to a standard tractor. ....

View my Photos
bobbyb4
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-09          102015

John - why are you trading up ? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a bx2230 or b7800. My concerns are 1) tractor size in some tight areas, 2) ground clearance, and 3)HP to run the mower and tiller. Art recommends go smaller and trade up if you need to - I'm doing my homework, making the deal once, and will live with the choice. ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2004-12-10          102023

Bobbyb4,

How much acreage will you be mowing? What kind of terrain? I see ground clearance, tire size, and weight as the biggest advantages of the B-series over the BX. But the BX is more manueverable, an advantage in mowing. HP will not be a concern for mowing and unless you want to run a wide tiller over large area, the HP diff between the 2230 and 7800 shouldn't be something to worry about. IMHO both machines are overpowered for their size. ....

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-10          102034

Ground clearance, weight and tire size plus bigger front bucket (number 1 reason). I bought my BX2200 about a year ago for my first ever tractor purchase. Thought i was doing life time mower purchase and almost did not get fel. Now the main use has been for fel. I'm doing alot of shifting dirt, moving downed trees and lifting and pushing rocks(big rocks) on a fairly steep unlevel dipping 5 acres. i enjoy doing this so it will be an ongoing project for me for years. I actually hate mowing so I bought a BX1500 with 54"mmm for my wife to use for mowing assistance a couple of months ago.
Guess the bottom line for me is I did not realize what i needed. The BX2200 with fel has done so much more than I thought it would that I changed my mind about paying for dozer work/landscape work and decided to do it myself. I have also bought a boxblade, landscape rake and considering a tiller.
It's not about mowing any more but I also want it to mow. ....

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-10          102035

Thanks Art. Know from posts that you are the Kubota man and have appreciated your input. I haven't been able to find any 2910's where I've contacted about trading. Seems dealers knew of model change ,which they should have, and did not order more 2910's or already sold then for the discounts. If you got one let me know. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-10          102036

Bobby, I recommend for people to go small on a tractor over large. Most people find they can do more then they thought they would after they get them. Many of the tractors are under rated. ....

View my Photos
bobbyb4

2004-12-10          102074

Gents - thanks for the advice/answers. I will be mowing four 1/2 acre plots and one 3 acre ball field. However I wish to do some serious tilling - a number of flower beds and some of grass & leaves gets chopped up in the garden. I do have some 20-30 degree drainage ditches to contend with. May just use the Murray to do those. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-11          102088

The lower center of gravity of the BX over the B would be a plus on those steep slopes. Unless you were going with a B-2910-2710-7800 chassis and getting the 72" deck you buy a lot more tractor for the same amount of cut. Now on the tiller, the larger horsepower would mean more then 40" tiller that is recommended for the BX series. Leaf chopping is the same on either deck the 60 or the 72. If youare looking for a collection system I often recommend the trailer units like trac-vac as they are tapered for easy removal as well as they have had the most impellers for a finer chop. As lots get crowded like here in NY it allows you to cut the outer or tight areas without it behind you and then it's basically a drop of a pin hook up the chute and start your engine. If things change and you decide to buy or change tractors or equipment the tow behind only needs another chute and it goes behind any tractor unlike the mounted units so the resale value is far higher. ....

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-11          102093

I Have the BX2200 with fel and 60"mmm always on the tractor. It is not stable on steep sloped land from 1 years experience or 120 hours of on hand experience. The fel is what seems to make it unstable. That's one of the big reasons I am trading up to B7800. My Kubota dealer says the B series will be more stable than BX series because of wider wheelbase and heavier weight with all other factors being equal. Looks like 2 opposite opinions from Kubota dealers.
I know the fluid in the tires deal but both tractors with fluid in the tires and the fel: which is more stable on steep land? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-12-11          102094

I hate to pop your bubble, but I wouldn't want to see you spend a big pile of money and not get what you want.

Nothing in the compact tractor realm is more stable than a BX. Competing models, like the Deere 2210 and the GC 2310 are equally stable, but a tractor with larger wheels will not give you more stability.

I have owned a BX, a JD 4100 and a JD 4115(2910 class) so I can speak from some level of experience.

If you feel the FEL is creating a less stable platform, it is easy to remove.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-11          102095

The JD 41XX models actually feel slightly more stable compared to the comparable Kubotas because the Deeres have a lower seat position than the flat floor Kubotas. This is just the subjective feeling of sitting higher off the ground on the Kubota.

The Deere 41XX and Kubota B are very stable tractors, I know that on the B series you can set the rear wheels to a wide position which also helps. Nonetheless, as Mark is saying the BX or other sub cuts with their lower center of gravity will be more stable by definition due to the laws of physics. Lower and wider are the two of elements that increase side slope security, an example of this to the extreme are the Ventrac tractors.

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-11          102098

Thanks guys. You may have just saved me $6500. Using the fel is when it's mostly lifting up on turns. Not bad with bucket near ground and mowing. Guess I need to check the ease of removing fel. Hesitated a long time before removing mower and it wasn't as bad as I expected. May be pleasantly surprised with ease of removing fel. Guess I need to rent skid steer for major dirt and rock moving and use BX2200 for my originally planned mowing, general landscaping and low volume dirt moving. Guess cutting trees up with chain saw to smaller logs and then moving them will help my tree moving projects. Thanks again. Looks like the $19.95 fee for joining tractor point has actually been a savings. ....

View my Photos
44trxfun

2004-12-11          102112

John, I have the MF GC2300 (quite similar to your BX 2200). FEL removal is pretty quick; about 5 minutes and about the same to remount. I never have it on for mowing; just too many things to keep track of and I don't need the distractions. As for moving logs, you might consider a pair of bucket forks. I have a clamp-on set and they're great! I've moved logs and brush, a wood stove, several attachments into and out of my pickup, etc. If you go this route, just make sure you have sufficient counterweight for whatever you're carrying and remember your load in front is sticking out further than you're probably accumstomed to. Good luck; hope the 2200 gives you good service for a long time! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-12          102118

John, when you do remove the loader be sure to be on level ground two tractor lengths are needed so it will line up easily when reinstalling. Before you disconnect the hoses stop the tractor engine and move the loader control into all four positions and then disconnect them. Just a couple of things to make life easier. ....

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-12          102129

Thanks for fel removal and use tips. Are there stands to sit them on when unhooking or can you use 2x10's or something like that? They're not self supporting are they? ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-12-12          102132

I have a clamp-on set of bucket forks and they're great!
44trxfun
=============
Been thinking of forks for my BX23.
Could you tell me more about yours and where you got them?

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login