I have a Price on the following in South New Jersey:

B7610 HSD
Turf Tires
Foldable ROPS
RCK60 MMM
B2750 SnowBlower
LA352 Loader
Woods RB72 Grader Blade

1) All for $17975, how is this price for the above.

2) I am in PA and the dealer (only 25 miles from me) says I can go for the 0% financing with NO Sales tax. He says while the financing will place a PA lien on the tractor in the county where I live, they do not use it to check for Sales Tax? Thoughts experiences?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price on a Kubota B7610 and Sales Tax Question

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-28          97338

That does not sound bad, what dealer is that. I think you should be careful on the Tax issue old Gov McGreedy may try and get those dollars before he waddles out of office ;>). My understanding is if you finance it you will have lien filed in the county where you live. If you get caught you owe the tax plus a penalty!!! ....

View my Photos
DeereGuy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-29          97386

If I were you I would not limit myself to Kubota. The Deere 4115 is an awesome tractor and about the same price. Has position control, functional turning brakes, a neater loader attacment and joystick, as well as a better in my humble opinion forward reverse pedal layout.

Just my two cents, also I think you can safely finance without any worry.

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-30          97413

I don't know why everyone that buys a Deere tractor here raves about the brake petals being on the other side. I had a retired farmer in here that never ran the older Deere tractors letter series after he bought the first hand clutch one. I didn't know how he felt about it until I tried to sell him a Farmall with the left hand brakes. He said that he didn't enjoy the old JD and neither did any of the hired help want to run it. He said it was different then everyone else was used to and proved to be that way. That was why he was in my yard. I listen to people talk about using the brakes to steer (like the big farmers do!?) unfortunatly they don't do that anymore nor have they for about 20 or thirty years, today they count on the manuverability of the tractor that is built into the tractor to turn especcially with a loader on. Brake steer is not what it used to be with the older tractors where it was nearly a nesseity and only done on two wheel drives. Some manufacturers just don't need to do it and it isn't an excepted practice at all with a four wheel drive tractor under normal day to day use! PERIOD! ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-09-30          97416

Art,

I think that is a good point. The Kubota B series Tractors are so manuverable that it seems funny why anyone would want to turn a finely crafted machine into a skid steer.

Another thought Kubota does not even offer the "Bi speed steering" anymore, right? Does NH still pitch "super steer"?

Ditto on the Deere dual pedal side by side set up, every one can have their own personal preference, but I like the heal and toe Kubota, NH approach best. I have big feet and with the large work boots I wear the Deere layout is a little too precise. I also find it easier to back up on the Kubota with the completely flat deck and the heal reverse pedal.

In any case they are all great tractors and ergonomics is sort of a personal preference thing. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-09-30          97417

It's not the left location that makes them great, it's an improvement compared to the alternative. It's good that they can be operated comfortably without stepping over a treadle pedal, and also that the floorboard doesn't have clutter overload on the right side. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-09-30          97419

On the Kubotas the B series does not have a treadle pedal layout, it has a small pedal for forward and small pedal back close to the seat.

The Kubota BX has the Treadle pedal as do NH machines and I agree that those are a little more obtrusive to the deck. However all the Kubotas have a truly flat deck, whereas all the others have transmission bumps of some sort, so it all balances out in the end, to personal preference,and what features are compelling reasons to buy for each of us. ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-09-30          97427

When I used my dad's old Massey Ferguson (2 wheel drive), you had to steer with the brakes because there was not enough weight up from to keep the front end down when plowing or pulling a large tree with a chain or moving snow with a rear blade. However when I got my first Kubota (a gear driven 4 wheel drive model without a loader), I tried to use the brakes to steer it and it was a completely different situtation than with the old Massey. It was too short of a wheel base to be able to do it correctly and it would jerk me around.
On my new 7800 I have never really found that I needed the brakes to steer. Lock it into 4 wheel drive and just use the steering wheel to steer you. And as far as making quick turns, the hydro accomplishes this just as fast and much safer. Just my $.02 ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-09-30          97432

Ken, why do you need the brakes on a hydro? I've driven them for over 30 years and never remembered needing a brake other then when shutting the tractor off to park.. I do prefer the flat deck vs the nearly flat deck with a few obstructions of the other manufacturers. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-10-01          97470

Dennis, sorry, I was referring to the treadle pedal on the L series.

Art, why do I need brakes with the hydro? Well, for one thing I feel a lot more comfortable going down a steep hill with one foot ready to brake. Do I NEED that one foot on the brake? Maybe not, but I feel a lot more comfortable having it available. Also, on the Deere you need to press the brake pedal to engage the parking brake and a more accessible pedal makes that easier too. I will admit to never having needed turning brakes but maybe I would want them sometime in 2WD. In any case the turning brake issue is sort of psychological - if a tractor was designed with split brakes then they should be usable for turning brakes. If not it's sort of like putting a speed limiter on a car, nobody likes em even if they always drive 55. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-01          97485

From the other side of the coin Ken we find that to many people are riding there brakes on hydro's! We've been trying to keep people's feet off them for years and unfortunately it's not as easy as you might think it is. We have found brakes partially siezed on from the heat of the friction of the discs on dry brake units as well as premature oil failure from the heat on wet brakes. Many of the new cars actually most of them do have speed controllers from the factory. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-10-01          97488

Probably the same people who ride their brakes in cars. I used to have customers who would come in and complain that their brake jobs only lasted 15-20k miles. You could see their brake lights on all the way down the road when they drove away.

I wonder how many of those folks you refer to forget to take off their parking brakes?

Yes, many new cars come with speed controllers and there is a thriving market of reprogrammers to eliminate them. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-10-02          97514

Ken - did you work at an auto repair garage? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-10-02          97524

Steve, yes I worked at a Tire/Brake/Alignment shop in downtown San Diego for a couple of years while working my way through college. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-10-02          97550

Back to the sales tax thing. Here in Michigan, (with some exceptions) we to pay MI sales tax on things we buy even from outside our state and use or bring here, including through the mail or even thru the internet. My dealer said that if I tell him I'm a farmer he would waive the sales tax BUT if he gets audited or I do, I will have to pay. So I played it safe and paid the 6% up front. As a business I get credit for sales tax. ....

View my Photos
willy851

2004-11-20          100639

Hey Bob
I am currently in the market for the B7610 with the 352 loader and the best price I found so far was in PA for $13,200.00 .
I am also going to another state to escape taxes only I live in NJ. I usually go to Delaware for large items but even in PA
I just tell them to put down that they delivered it to another state. For me it's close to $800.00 that can go towards a tiller instead of the government. ....

View my Photos
denwood

2004-11-20          100642

The adds for kubotas just came out in todays paper. I don't know about the 7610, but the B7510DT with loader and I believe hydro is $11,500 new. Its listed along with many others by Keys', a kuboata dealer in PA 814-328-2222 ....

View my Photos
grinder

2004-11-21          100654

Bob, That MMM and FRONT? mount blower sell for 2700.00 or more each. I think that is what you should watch is the attch. prices. The Tires should not matter (much)? Most
I've seen are priced with a loader,and I believe they all have ROPS. I would price the basic tractor and mower and blower separately. You can buy those anywhere later,nothing to putting them on.
The Tax question: It would depend on the computer system PA. has. By filing a title lien do you bring up a sales tax flag. I would doubt it, but possible. The dealer says no sales tax! But is that in his state?
I know here in Maine it is the buyers who are suppose to claim out of state purchases on the state tax forms.
This includes internet sales I believe? No one does it, but they are coming for those dollars and offered an amnesty
program to all who owed it earlier this year.
It was also pointed out that these conversations can show up with a search on google. Try it,kubota sales tax, or tractor sales tax etc.
I also remember something about a Federal form that gets
filed? UCC? perhaps someone with more knowledge on that will chime in.
I would buy it , stick it in the shed and keep my mouth shut about the details.
One more thing if you are going to blow a lot of snow, get a cab. it is on top of my list. As we are having our first snow as I write this. Not much, just
enough to take up my Sun. doing all those unfinished chores. Good luck,
I have had 0 trouble with my 7500,60" MMM and 54" rear blower.

Denwood I believe the DT is not Hydro? ....

View my Photos
BenEAmonette

2004-11-21          100661

I live in Va and called a dealer in Charlotte, NC. For a 7610 with 352 FEL, he gave me a price of $12,900. He said he would meet at the state with it (+ $100) and I would not have to pay sales tax. My local dealer ($13,400) said to avoid sales tax, I would have to sign a form stating that it was for farm use. I do not know the avenues the state uses to keep up with this issue however. ....

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-11-22          100722

I do like Deere equipment and have plenty of them to use, but I don't think the 4115 is nearly as competitive as the B7610 in terms of price; that is, I have been looking at these two units over the past month and I know the B7610, 302 loader and MMM 60" deck is around $14,300. As for the 4115, 410 loader and 72" mid deck the price is around $17,500. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-11-22          100729

The 4115 is more comparable to the B2910.

The 4110 is closer to the 7610. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login