Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Price L3010 Price Check one mo time

View my Photos
Paladin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-20          91497

Sorry, I know that 'bota pricing has been rehashed many times here on the board but here we go again.

Here's the deal (it's an internet sale) 2001 L3010, 350 hours, HST, GB 280 FEL (GB's highest capacity loader in the 200 series) for $14000. Fixed ROPS which I will have to change out due to a low roof.

The new ROPS would be $600 plus installation at the 'bota dealer.

Delivery cost to be negotiated - it's 800 miles.

I tried two 'bota dealers. One was cooperative and will order the new ROPS, and the other just trash-talked their own brand used tractors and claimed that they could not order a ROPS for a tractor that old (give me a break!!!!). They claimed that L3010's with FEL regularly cracked the front axle housing up under the motor. The guy darn nearly grabbed for my wallet he was so determined to sell me a new one. For a dealer it was a shabby performance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cknott

2004-07-20          91515

I can't necessarily give you a price check on that particular machine, but I can simply say that if you are able to pay a little more, I would consider new. Down here in North Georgia, one can purchase a brand new Kubota L3130(the machine that replaced the 3010), R4 tires, adjustable ROPS, Kubota LA513 loader, HST transmission for ~$17,400. This price includes all the junk fees and 0% financing for 36 months, not to mention that it would be under warranty. I am not sure what the installation cost of that adjustable rops will be, but it looks like you'll have $15000 in the machine before you can reasonably use it. The new L3130 is a really tough machine. Based on what a new machine can be purchased for, I personally wouldn't pay more than $12,000 for the machine you described. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
cknott

2004-07-20          91516

I can't necessarily give you a price check on that particular machine, but I can simply say that if you are able to pay a little more, I would consider new. Down here in North Georgia, one can purchase a brand new Kubota L3130(the machine that replaced the 3010), R4 tires, adjustable ROPS, Kubota LA513 loader, HST transmission for ~$17,400. This price includes all the junk fees and 0% financing for 36 months, not to mention that it would be under warranty. I am not sure what the installation cost of that adjustable rops will be, but it looks like you'll have $15000 in the machine before you can reasonably use it. The new L3130 is a really tough machine. Based on what a new machine can be purchased for, I personally wouldn't pay more than $12,000 for the machine you described. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
blizzard
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-21          91527

My personal feeling on this deal is you're probably going to end up paying more for the used tractor and off brand FEL than buying new with 10-20% down and 0% financing for 36 months. Transport can cost $1.50-$3.00 per mile, you'll have some serious bucks in the new folding ROPS, 400 hour service is right around the corner, and, IMHO, a used FEL not from the tractor manufacturer is worth exactly zero dollars.
Check with your 'friendly' local dealer(s) on a tractor/loader package and do the math to see how close the total costs are. Perhaps you can get a free 50 hour service or other perks.
The L3130 HST is an awesome CUT, I have over 550 hours on mine with no problems.
Good Luck with your tractor, whatever you decide. ....

View my Photos
WPHill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-21          91529

I paid 17,700 for my 3130 HST w/LA513 loader. I too looked at used machines, but decided against it. Atleast buying new, you know what you are getting. ....

View my Photos
mdajax

2004-08-21          94063

I will buy one now if you can get me a new L3130 GST or HST, R4 tires with Loader for $17,500. I'm looking in the North Flroida/Georgia area. Drop me an email... ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-08-23          94268

mdajax, Call Slade Smith at Triple D Equipment at (386)734-2119 or toll free at 1 (866) 725 2119. He took real good care of me. Paul ....

View my Photos
mdajax

2004-08-24          94288

Paul,
I called him yesterday. He has the best deal i have found. I now have a buddy of mine wanting to pick up one too. I hope to have the new tractor sitting in the yard by this weekend. How do you like your F.E.L.? I was thinking about getting the bigger loader and bucket...thanks for you help..... ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-08-24          94351

mdajax, I wish I would have went with the 723 loader instead of the 513. It works for me, but the 723 would have been my choice if I had to do it again. I believe Grasgod has a 3130 GST with the 723, maybe try and get some input from him. When you get ready to come down here, let me know and I'll give you my number, give me a call and you can come push some dirt with the tractor and see for yourself. It is a workhorse. And you'll do well with Slade. Not a high pressure salesperson. Good Luck. Paul ....

View my Photos
BigOrange

2004-08-24          94373

I am in Missouri and I am waiting to take delivery Aug26 for my new 3130 HST with 723 loader. I too only paid 17,250 with Industrials. I think if you shop around and find a good dealer that you are happy with and really like a couple hundred dollars more or less is worth it in the long run! ....

View my Photos
mdajax

2004-08-31          95190

Well you were right Triple D Equipment & Slade are great people to deal with. They have fair prices and know their equipment. If the hurricane will stay away the tractor should be here next tuesday. ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-08-31          95207

mdajax, congrats on the tractor. They treated me real good over there, and I've been real happy with them. I was worried about the 3130 not being big enough, but it has proven me wrong time and time again. As for the hurricane, it looks like it is headed straight for us. I'am still behind from Charley, have'nt had time to replace my garage roof which was blown off as well as 1 of the 3 garage doors. Hope you fare well with Francis. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
truckee

2007-10-28          147463

I am looking at a 3130 HST with a backhoe of 2005 vintage with 670 hrs. It has what appears to be a factory backhoe and frontloader and an accessory scraper implement. It is priced at $17,000 from a private party. What do you think? ....

View my Photos
kubman300

2007-11-19          148445

I personally think that is too much for a 2001 3010 and for you folks telling him about the 3130 tractors they are out of production Kubota introduced the L40 series in late 2006. It is now almost 2008 so if you were to find a 3130 they have been sitting outside in the weather for almost 2 years if not more so really consider the L40 and if you are price sensitive maybe think about the l3400hst with loader. ....

View my Photos
KubotaRep

2007-12-07          149059

Yes, the Grand L30 Series is discontinued and the only ones still available are what is in dealer stock. On the other hand, those dealers who do still have them are going to want to move them, so that they can replace them with Grand L40's. If you can find one, you shoud be able to get a good price. Just a thought. ....

View my Photos
truckee

2007-12-23          149575

Is the current market for all tractors going up or down with the economic conditions? It seems to me that the private parties selling tractors are asking alot of money for equipment which should have gone down alot after the sale as new. ....

View my Photos
Paladin

2007-12-23          149577

I guess that I have the right to answer since I started this thread way back when.

The dollar is about as weak as it has ever been versus the yen and other foreign currencies. What this means is that Kubota gets less for every tractor sold in the USA than they did 6 months or a year ago. The price in yen in Japan is the same - a Japanese farmer is paying exactly the same price that he did before. The problem is that US dollars convert to less yen so Kubota now gets less for a US sold tractor than a Japanese one. And, they did nothing to bring this about.

The net result will be price increases for the US market. These price increases on new tractors tend to drag the prices of used tractors up, too. It always happens that way.

Blame the subprime mortgate mess. Every time the Fed cuts interest rates to give a shot to the economy, they weaken the dollar. If we still made our own steel and tractors here in the US it wouldn't matter. But we don't.

My own L3010 was one of the best investments that I ever made. It hasn't missed a beat and the bad advice that I received to avoid the Great Bend loader turned out to be just bad advice - period. I like the GB better than a 'bota loader because it has standard skid-steer quick detaches on the bucket and I have had zero problems with it. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-12-23          149581

Paladin,

The same is true with the price of oil. Most people assume that the price of oil is increasing. For the most part, this is not true. The dollar is weakening........which means that the oil producing countries now need more U.S. dollars in order to make the same amount of money.

The Federal Reserve is the real enemy. If we still had an economy based on the gold standard, we wouldn't have all of these problems.

(Ron Paul can fill you in, but I believe you already have a fair understanding of the situation.)

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login