Go Bottom Go Bottom

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
TB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-07          57001

Hi

Last fall we purchased a seven acre property which had been left unattended for a couple of years. There are rocks to move, post holes to dig, a few stumps to pull, and ravines to fill.

I thought the BX22 would do, but my Kubota dealer says that for what I want to do, I ought to get the 7500. I checked the specs on the Kubota page and they both appear to have the same horsepower, so I am wondering if the 7500 is really worth the extra price, or if the dealer is just angling for more money. This will be my first tractor, so does anyone have any comments?

Thanks,

TB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-07          57007

After working with a couple of customers with the BX 22 I have much more respect for it then I thought I could give it. I to, like power and size but have seen the work accomplished by these little units and have been impressed. It is very hard to say that one will do what you need to have done not knowing exactly the job. I do feel they are built for your size property. Many times we start out to big and have to scale down later or vise-versa start out to big and then have to scale down. What you have said for a description wouldn't rule one out. You might want to think as to how quickly you might want to have all the work done. If speed is not of concern then maybe for your enjoyment the BX would do it unless your rocks are in the half ton range. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-07          57033

TB, good for you. You already figured out how to compare models in an objective manner.

You assessment is correct, there is little to differentiate between the BX22 and a backhoe equipped B7500. There is a bit more ground clearance on the 7500 but I am not sure if even that disappears when it has the backhoe installed.

Maybe Art can address that aspect.

I have had my BX since last September and only one time did the ground clearance become a problem. I tried to drive over a pile of loose dirt (dropped by a dump truck) instead of around it and it high centered on the top of the pile.

It was stupid, but some guys like to test the limits. The fact that it got to the top of the pile will say something in the first place.

I later tried the same thing with my Deere 4100, which has more ground clearance than a B7500. It buried itself in the approach to the pile, and didn't make it to the top.

As Art pointed out, a lot of folks underestimate what can be done with a BX22, but none of them actually own one.

Ask those of us that actually use one. I will say this: the B7500 is not an upgrade to the BX22. If I felt the need to upgrade I would START with the B2710 and go up from there. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-06-07          57043

Although I do not have the experience and would be considered a novice compared to Mark & Art, I do own the BX22 and I am more than satisfied with it. I bought it to do many of the things you mention. I used to hired a backhoe every year to do some of the things around my lot that with a shovel and wheelbarrow would be way to much. So far it has perform better than I thought. You have to be patient with the larger tree stumps but they will come out.
It is my suspicion that your dealer can get his hands on a B7500 alot easier than the BX22, but again thats just my guess. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
TB

2003-06-08          57113

Thanks a lot for your comments. It's nice to get unbiased feedback.

It sounds like my initial hunch was correct.

I appreciate your help on this one,

TB

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
pekabu

2003-06-08          57129

I have been looking at the smaller Kubota's myself. One item I can find right now is that I believe the BX22 has a "Limited Cat 1" three point hitch where as the B7500 does not. I have read somewhere that the 3 pt hitch is too low to lift a Post hole digger up high enough. In my area there is a 1500-2000 difference between the two. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-08          57137

Nonsense. It will lift it just fine. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
pekabu

2003-06-09          57150

I hope I am wrong. I was wondering why the Kubota web site doesn't show a post hole digger for the BX, but does for the 7500. I took another look at the web site and they also don't show a rear snowthrower. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-09          57157

The sales brochure shows a BX with a PHD and I own a Gearmore digger that works well on my BX.

I suspect the reason they do not show a rear blower on the BX is because they want to sell you their front mounted blower package.

Do you have access to a dealer? ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
pekabu

2003-06-09          57193

Yes well within 30 miles, but we really didn't talk about the BX. They also pushed the 7500. Don't carry the 7400. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-09          57202

I will get some comparative measurements for you today. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
buzst1

2003-06-09          57212

TB,
I would agree with your dealer, the bx is a great machine, but for the property size you are dealing with and the tasks you have in mind the b7500 may still be small. The bx is much less powerfull than the 7500. When you compare engines you really need to look at displacement not HP. HP is meaningless as a method of measuring work. Additionally, tire size is very important. You must have a effective means to transfer the HP to the ground. The bigger the tire the better (also important as you will want to fill your tires to balence the fel). Good luck and let us know how you make out. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
Art White

2003-06-10          57257

One of the reasons he might be talking the B-7500 is the fact that BX's aren't available at this time. They have all out to the dealers and we are currently selling August tractors. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
dillo99

2003-06-18          57925

I recently purchased a 7500. I was looking at the BX22 but the dealer talked me into the 75000 and I am VERY GLAD. The BX is a great machine, but the ground clearance is about 1/2 of the B7500. I have 27 acres which is heavily wooded and has many rocks. Even with the clearance of the 7500 I have hit rocks - I think the BX would have had problems in my environment. I also got the 302 loader and the backhoe on the 7500. Cost difference was only about 2k.

Mike

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
bobggg

2003-07-20          59872

I've been facing the same delima. I decided my ground was rough enough to go with the 7500 over the bx because:

more ground clearance (higher)
beefier bottom frame (look underneath to the rear and see what you think about the exposed filter)
bigger tire make for smoother ride on rough ground

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
jpr62902

2003-07-28          60302

My dilemma too. Can somebody help, pleeeeeaaasse? Okay, the BX22 subcompact weighs more than the B7500 compact. The B7500 has a tighter turning radius but is actually not as wide as the BX. Kubota's backhoe for the 7500 is a 3ph mount (some people don't like those)while the BX's BH is frame mounted and apparently easier to attach/detach (sp?). Some 3 pt implements don't mount as easily on the BX and the 7500 can lift almost 2x as much. The BX's mower is suspended (better cut) while the 7500's is on rollers. Every time a think one tractor has the advantage, I think of another positive for the other. What's a guy with acute tractoritis supposed to do? (I can't afford both). ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-28          60315

Don't know how much help this will be, but maybe I can clear up a couple misconceptions.

The 7500 does have a stronger loader but the three point hitch on the BX will lift more than the tractor can handle and much more than advertised.

I have not had problems using any of my Cat 1 implements on my BX and that includes a box scraper, a rear blade, a post hole digger and assorted hitches and ballast boxes.

The backhoe for the 7500 is not just a 3 point mount but it does not use the tractors hydraulic system, but instead requires a separate pto pump, a separate hydraulic sump with its own oil supply and attendant maintenance issues and it must have it's rops replaced.

On balance the 7500's backhoe is engineered for the machine by Kubota and includes several heavy metal reinforcements. I would not be concerned that it would damage the tractor.

I don't think you will be able to discern the differences in the turning radius between the two machines in the field.

The BX is likely to save several thousand in initial cost and from my point of view is not a step down from the 7500 but an equal in most every respect. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-28          60319

I think Art is probably the resident Kubota expert here. I would tend to agree with Mark H at starting with a 2710 if you needed something bigger. When I was shopping the Kubota 2910 was VERY impressive to me. Maybe art or Mark will let us know if this might be a good choice. I dont know about the price difference. Does the Bx have a two piece frame like the 2210 ? ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-07-28          60334

No. The BX22 is built like a brick$%^#house. It has a box/ladder frame like a truck. ....

7500 vs BX22

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-07-28          60336

I rather thought that was the case based on all the stuff you were able to do with yours. I just did not care for that machine but I did very much like the 2910 I looked at. I assume the 2710 is essentially the same but I have not actually ever seen one. Knowing what I know now I would want to stay over 20 pto hp and there is also the need for a little more weight than what the 2210 can offer. I would think around 1,750 lbs would do nicely with that hp range. I think that KLubota is still offering the 0% for 3 years untill the end of the month which may be of interest to the origional poster. As always test drives are important, and fun ! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login