Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7800 Vs New Holland TC24D vs John Deere 4115

View my Photos
MXMASTR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-26          53825

I have narrowed down my search on compact tractors here in Michigan to the Kubota B7800HSD or the New Holland TC24D. I have visited multiple John Deere dealerships and they are somewhat overpriced. It also seems to me that all the various price quotes I have seen on the forums are much cheaper than I have been offered in Michigan.
My uses of the tractor will consist of mowing 2 acres (flat land), fixing ruts in dirt bike track (very hilly), turning over dirt anywhere on property 15acres of hard packed and hilly terrain. My question would be in anyones infinite wisdom, is one more reliable, better, or should I sway one way or another? Is the extra 6HP of the Kubota worth the $1200 additional cost?
Thanks,
Charles
In case your interested here is what I have been offered:

Kubota B7800HSD, w/industrial tires, LA402 loader, RCK60-27B 60" mower for $17,900 + tax.
Kubota B7500HSD, w/industrial tires, LA302 loader, RCK60-24B 60" mower for $15,500 + tax.
New Holland TC24D, w/industrial tires, 12LA loader, 914A 60"mower for $16,700 (dealer 1) and $16,900(dealer 2)+tax
John Deere 4115, w/R4 tires, 410 loader, 60"mower = $18090 (dealer 1) and $18,400 (dealer 2) + tax.
John Deere 2210 hydro, 62C mid mower, 210 loader = $13,300 +tax.
John Deere 4110HSD, w/R4 tires, 410 loader, 60"mower = $16,500 (dealer 1), $16,390 (dealer 2), & $16,130 (54"mower-dealer 3) + tax

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
MXMASTR

2003-04-27          53838

I have also noticed some mentioning of out of state purchasing to save both on price and sales tax. Can anyone elaborate on whether you can still use the Kubota finance plan if you purchase out of state (2.99 for 60months)? How far will a dealership deliver for free? I have bought dirt bikes from Canada but had cash in hand for the exchange. I emailed a couple of dealerships out of state and am awaiting their responses. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-27          53844

The B-7800 is the bargain here for you with the amount of acerage you have to play on. The dollar price per horsepower you mention is cheap as compared to the size tractor you are buying and compared to the total package. The financing is available across state lines. You might ask your local dealer what you can expect from him! You might find that is where the price difference comes from. ....

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-04-27          53845

The two you've narrowed it down to are both excellent machines. I think I would be concerned on how easily the MMM detaches from the tractor. Some are fairly easy, some are a pain. It will get in the way when you go out back. The other option is a RFM (Rear Finish Mower). As long as your front two acres are flat and unobstructed, it worth consideration, not to mention much cheaper.
As far as i know, the only restriction on financing and rebates in you must be in the US. Canada has different incentives. I would shop more. Pricing in Michigan has been pretty good from my recollection. Certainly better than the Northeast. Good Luck
Pacesetter ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-27          53857

Kubota credit, Deere credit and all such lenders file a lien on your tractor in the county of your residence. When they do that they are also advising the State you reside in if you paid sales tax on the transaction.

If your state has sales tax and you paid another states sales tax the story ends there. If you purchased in a state with no sales tax, or you filed for an exemption as a nonresident, then you may be liable for the tax in your home state if they are smart enough to catch it.

The problem is, like the IRS, if they don't catch you for a couple years they start adding interest to the bill and nobody will be happy with the results of that mess. ....

View my Photos
MXMASTR

2003-04-27          53858

Very interesting! Thanks for the advice. This gives me a few things to think about, and right now (24-7) my mind is on tractors. I hope I will be able to do half of what my mind has already envisioned doing with the tractor (parades, tractor poker runs, going to the drive-in threatre, tractor pulls......just kidding). This site is very enjoyable to read, and I hope to be able to offer advice in the future.
Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
lapine

2003-04-27          53864

I have a Kubota B7800 and have been very satisfied with it I think the extra hourse power and the size is well worth the extra cost. The stability and balance is very good and when I use the loader for digging or moving dirt I appreciate the extra HP. Also I have a 5 inch pto chipper which with the extra Hp works very well. I personally think its worth the cost

View my Photos
MXMASTR

2003-04-27          53866

Well it sounds like the Kubota B7800hsd is the way to go for me. With the comments, thinking it through, and getting the little misses to agree; I don't see where I would be disappointed now or down the road with this model. Starting Monday I am going to turn my attention to calling around and seeing how comparable prices are in this neck of the woods.
Thanks...Charles ....

View my Photos
MXMASTR

2003-04-28          53924

So I faxed about 10 dealers, emailed about 4 and am going to put a deposit on a B7800hsd tomorrow. I couldn't believe the differences in prices. I am purchasing my tractor an equal distance from my house but in the opposite direction and saving exactly $2,000. It definetly pays to shop around.
Charles ....

View my Photos
bob kelley

2003-05-04          54289

See my comments on B2910 vs. B7800 above. ....

View my Photos
EvetsNielk

2003-05-21          55309

I've found this thread really interesting as I'm looking at a B7800 and a Mahindra 2810. I rented a 2810 last fall and really liked it. Have good friends that are dealers for each line.

I don't want to "muddy up" this post, but any input sure would be appreciated comparing these two tractors.
I mow 10 acres of old hay field + some old apple orchard rows. Last fall I bought a BushHog SQ600. I do not envision using a loader.

Thanks ....

View my Photos
MXMASTR

2003-05-21          55312

I am uneducated on the Mahindra, but since my last post I purchased the B7800. This was my first compactor/tractor and so far I think its great. It has far exceeded my expectations. I have put about 30 hours on the machine so far (mowing, discing, building). My couple acres of lawn looks fantastic and I was able to mow (with ease) areas that I thought would require a brush hog. I did opt for a front end loader which has allowed me to build a hand full of jumps on my dirt bike track (some of which were on very steep terrain). It is somewhat addicting making my ideas come to life. I have no complaints so far, but time may dictate otherwise.
You mentioned really liking the Mahindra that you rented. I bet you wouldn't have any regrets owning the 2810. They look pretty comparable to a novice like me in specs. I stayed with Kubota, John Deere, and New Holland because they were the most well known brands I had heard of and I felt more confidence purchasing along those lines.
My biggest advice to anyone would be once deciding on a model--check around for prices. I about fainted when I saved $2 grand for a simple phone call to another dealer. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login