Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Bob From NY
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-04          48701

Can someone tell me what a good price would be on the following tractors.

new L3130 HST, 72" MMM

also my dealer has as last years L3710 that he is working a price up on. it is a new machine just left over, what price could I expect?

Lastly, I am also looking at the NH TC29D and 33D. Going to mow, brush hog and eventuall plow my 100 ft driveway. Any plus or minus of either machine? So far, the NH pricing has been much better for compariable tractors...

THanks

Bob

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-05          48710

As for the Kubota pricing check out ad #1715 in the classified section. They're in New York also and an excellent dealer. You're really not giving enough information. I would worry about which machine fit my needs now and in the furure before I concerned myself with price. The L3130 makes one heck of a lawnmower. L3710 is also a great tractor, but does it fit your needs? The NH are also excellent tractors and might be better if your property requires a lot of manuvering around obstacles. They are available with supersteer which really cuts the turning radius. You make no mention of a front end loader. Extremely useful if you own either of these tractors. Generalizing, the more open your property and the more you intend on using a loader the more I would go for the Kubota 3130. Less or light loader work and more manuvering I would lean toards the NH. Either way go Hydrostatic and not a gear shift. ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
KubotaMan

2003-02-06          48789

The L3710 and L3130 will both be great machines for you. I cannot recommend a NH over a Kubota no matter what the upfront savings is. Kubota's durability and dependability is unmatched...period. You'll be able to brush hog in more situations with the extra horsepower offered by the L3710 and the lift capacity on the loader could be very close if you get the LA723 loader on the L3130.

The L3130 does have a lot of nice features though...intellipanel, nicer cruise control on the HST, better 3-point lift and heavier axles than the L3710 however.

I don't know how someone can say either tractor would be "good" for mowing. Maybe if you had a football field I guess. Then can certainly do the job, but get a rear mount mower, it is less money and a lot easier to put on and take off.

Either Kubota will do you right. There is a reason they sell more than everyone else combined in the under 40 HP range. ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-06          48792

Hey KubotaMan,

You sure sound like a dealer? You done went and told everyone that doesn't own a Kubota they made the wrong choice? Everyone has a right to their own opinion but everyone has a right to buy what they want. I never did like posts that knock the other guy's tractor.

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
KubotaMan

2003-02-06          48793

Well I didn't think I was knocking the NH. In my opinion, the Kubota is better. Isn't that what I said? I can't recommend the NH over the Kubota. Now, I did say "no matter what the price difference" and that is going a little far. But, in my opinion, there would have to be a very large difference in price to pick a NH over a Kubota.

What is so bad about that? Do I have to say they are both great machines if I don't think they are...in my opinion? ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-06          48794

The statement about "no matter what the price difference" was what I was refering to. That's too broad of a statement to make, in my opinion.

There's no doubt Kubota makes a fine tractor but to be the best for everyone, in my opinion, isn't true. There's too many varibles that come into play here.

I'm not raggin on you, just saying what I believe.

Truce?

Billy ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
KubotaMan

2003-02-06          48798

Yeah, I agree that was too broad a statment as I said before. I'm just doing some research and looking at these discussion boards and thought I'd put my two cents in. Don't want to start any fights or anything, but I'm not going to say all tractors are created equal when I honestly don't think that they are. I'll be more careful with my words next time.

Thanks, this was fun though. Oh yeah, truce, lol. ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-06          48800

Kubotaman, Since you're not registered yet, you don't have a profile. I'm curious what Kubota you own, how you use it and what your property is like? I'm still looking and undecided.
Thanks Pacesetter ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-02-06          48806

KubotaMan,
I usually find when people make statements like you.They have no knowlege or experiance with any other tractors .

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Bob From NY

2003-02-08          48898

To give you more information....I have ruled out the 3710 since the dealer I talked to had the pricing wrong. I am only looking at the TC29/33D NH and the Kubota L3130. The John Deere 4210 got eliminated after I drove it. The pause when you depress the HST pedal drove me nuts.

Anyway, I am a little alarmed by the one post that said neither machine will be a good mowing machine. Or something like that. Let me tell you what I want to do with the tractor.

I have 10 acres of land in upstate ny. Somewhat hilly terrain. I want one tractor to do the following. Finish mow one acre of land around my house. I also want to put the mower up and mow 6 acres of my land. It is old hayfield so there is nothing that should damage the blades. All the dealers that I have talked to said the new mower decks will do what I want. Lastly I want a front 4 way angle plow. Not a bucket(maybe some other day) but a bulldozer like snowblade. I want to do some light dirt moving also.

I started looking at the smaller tractors since they were in my price range. But being 6-3 and 295lbs, I quickly outgrew them.

My observations are, John Deere comes in third. Love Kioti but they don't have the HST models at different sizes like the big three. The NH fits me the best. I can sit on that and feel comfortable. The L3130 Kubota is a great machine and probably the one I am leaning toward. The only problem I have is the local dealer doesn't move much on price. Although after looking at this forum I emailed Emerich in Albany NY and got a great price. The Kubota appears to be bigger but I do like the slope nose of the NH since I can see the snow blade better.

My question is, are the 72 inch belly mowers going to be over kill for my 1 arce of finish mowing? I really wanted to stay away from rear mount machines. The NH can have a 5 foot mower on it, would that be a better choice? Will it stick out of the wheels or is it too small?

Thanks for all your help so far. This forum has really educated me. ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
bobfromny

2003-02-08          48899

I ask, what tires should I put on the tractor? Remember, I am looking for the most stable setup since I have a hilly lot.

Thanks

Bob ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
deerefan

2003-02-09          48907

Bob, Have you looked at the B7800 yet? I am similar in size to you (6'4" 297) and found the B7800 to be very comfortable. It will accomodate a 60" MMM for your 1 Acre and you can leave it on and mow with a rotary mower on the rear. It has 30 HP so you have plenty of power and it sits a little lower giving better stability. I looked at the 3130 also and couldn't justify the extra money. I would stay away from the 72" MMM on 1 acre. Also, you wanted a front blade for dozing. You might consider getting your loader now on a B7800 and getting a heavy rear or box blade for pushing dirt around. I would bet you will have less money in the whole package and have a much more versatile machine for your needs. I would also be concerned with the weight of the 3130 on my finish mowing. ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-02-09          48911

Bob, the finish mowing deletes the R-1 (ag)tires, and the need for stability will push you toward fluid filled tires or wheel weights but that may not be the best for your finish mowing needs because of the extra weight involved especially on a larger tractor.

You may be in one of those circumstances where two tractors may serve you better, a riding mower for the finish work and a compact utility for field mowing and dirt/snow work.

The other compromise is to go smaller (just one machine)and spend a little more time at some tasks.

In terms of fit, I am 6-3 and 285# and other than the stiff ride (I keep the tire pressure up for the backhoe), I find the Kubota BX quite comfortable to operate. Plenty of room for knees and elbows and quite comfy when I need to turn around and look backward for long periods.
And the BX has about as much stability as you are going to find in a compact tractor. I have 2.3 acres with a 100 foot rise in elevation from one end to the other and ravines and terraces in between. It does not feel tippy at all, unlike my other tractor.
The BX will run a 60" mower and can be equipped with a 60" power angle blade. I am currently using my 54" manual angle front blade to "bulldoze" and grade a new 400 foot driveway through untouched pucker brush. It is doing a fine job.

My other tractor is a Deere 4100 and it rides a little better but the work station is a bit cramped, as you have noticed with Deere tractors.

Like deerefan, I would recommend a loader with the package. You will find plenty of uses for it. ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-09          48912

Bob, If you have hilly terrain, I would stay away from a 72" mower deck. You just won't get a good cut. I would compare the NH TC29D and Kubota B7800. Dealer for dealer, tractor for tractor and see which YOU like the best. You can't go wrong with either. My experience on these forums is people usually start too small. In your case I think you're going the other way and starting too big. I have 20 acres, 3 front lawn and 17 back pasture. A 3130 or 3710 would be more than adequate for me. Be sure to get a front end loader. You can get blade attachments for it for snow and use the bucket at other times. Frequently you will see used tractors available with belly mowers and new loaders - Because the original owner didn't get one and it's tough sell without it. Good Luck
Pacesetter ....

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
bobfromny

2003-02-09          48944

Thanks everyone for their input. But now I have some other questions and thoughts.

I did look at the B7800, for some reason I was not comfortable on it. I had the seat all the way back but couldn't get in a good position. How about the 2910? It may be more comfortable for me? Knee and hip injuries may be the reason behind it also.

On the other hand, the TC29D fits me perfectly. The HST pedal is in a perfect place for me. They say I can put a 60" belly mower on the 29D. Does anyone know if the deck would stick out the side of the tractor so I can get closer to obstacles? Also, would I be better suited getting the turf tires and then chains if needed in the winter?

Since I started at a BX2200 price wise, I can't get the FEL or the front blade now. Would have to start with the mower deck and use my current old backblade. The problem I have is I just can't seem to justify spending the $3K to get a loader then spend more to get the blade to go on the front. Don't get me wrong, I would love a loader, but plowing my driveway is my priority. All my buddies tell me that the loader doesn't work as good for removing snow.

Seems to me the TC29D may be my machine, or should I go to the 33D, only difference is the HP?

I will try and look at the B7800 again. Maybe I can find a 2910 to look at. I really wanted a Kubota but the NH just keeps fighting back.

Thanks again for all your great input. I'll get this figured out sometime.

Bob

Pricing on 3710 and 3130

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-02-09          48951

Bob, The 2910 and 7800 are the same tractor. The 2910 has more deluxe features including a deluxe seat, so it might be more comfortable, but there won't be more room.
More horsepower is never a bad thing, if you can afford the jump to the TC33D I would go that way. I would also get the turfs. It doesn't sound like you're going to be in a circumstance where traction is an issue, except in winter where you can add chains if necessary.
I don't know how much snow you get every year or in an average storm, but in mid Maine we get plenty. In a good year, I run out of places to put the stuff. You will just get so much more use out of the tractor with the FEL. The extra monthly isn't that much. I know where you're coming from re: target price vs. price you're going to end up paying. I just think if you get more use out of your tractor with the FEL, it makes it a better value. That said, IF you're getting the NH, I would wait for their new loader. I believe it's the 14LA instead of the 7308.
The fun is only beginning - Good Luck
Pacesetter ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login