Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX22- - Too new - Not much info out there

View my Photos
wjbaker1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-04-16          37518

I stopped in to a nearby dealer looking for a PTO oil seal for my B6100, when I looked at his showroom offerings and saw what appeared to be a BX2200 with a backhoe...upon further inspection I discovered that instead it was a BX22 (which is the same thing as a BX2200 with a beefier frame).

It appears Kubota is selling the BX22 as a package deal with a front end loader and backhoe. This dealer (Carrollton, Georgia) quoted me a price of $14,800 (not including Georgia Sales Tax).

Bill.
Euharlee, Georgia

Link:   My B6100

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
xgzx

2002-05-07          38277

I've been looking at a B7500, while I was at the dealer, I got a quote on the BX22 also, but mine was $15700 for the loader/backhoe combo! $900 is a big gap. Did your dealer say it was a limited time offer? ....

View my Photos
wjbaker1

2002-05-07          38287

$14800 was the guy's regular quote. I would shop around at some other dealers. I have 3 dealers within 30 miles of me, and I have found a wide price range, especially on parts.

None of the on-line dealers have much information on the BX22 yet, or any pricing.

Bill. ....

View my Photos
Digger

2002-06-23          39780

I just purchased one - $15,000 + $900 in taxes. Went to a few dealers. One said I'd need to put my name on this list and they would call me in 2 months, another bought 20 of them and had 4 left. I grabbed one of the 4 they had. It will be delivered in a few days. Can't wait. ....

View my Photos
SethO

2002-06-28          39894

I just took delivery of a BX22, what a fine machine.

Small of course, but I am not a farmer and I just need something to do small projects like lawn maintenance, landscaping, pond and trench digging which on the scale I will be doing, it is adequate for.

Seth ....

View my Photos
Calaway

2002-06-28          39896

Some times you buy a small unit thinking that is all you need until you use it then realize the things it could do if it had more power. Small ones can do a lot of things however they are more like a teaser... and you normally don't get everything out of it like you would if you would of gotten a larger one... for example the BX22 will brushhog, till, load but in such a small amount that your patients will be tested... ....

View my Photos
wjbaker1

2002-07-02          39977

Although the BX22 may be small, and may not be able to do things as well as a larger machine...I am wanting it primarily to cut grass. I want something tougher than a Murray riding mower. The fact that it can do other things like run a rotary cutter (bushhog), move dirt, or dig a trench is an added bonus.

Also, I am not planning on using it in a business or as a contractor. Time is less of an issue than money. In addition, my property (and my tasks) are going to be on the small scale anyway...something like digging up and replacing a collapsed sewer line, or spreading out a dump truck load of top soil, or tilling up and re-seeding the front yard.

Bill.
Euharlee, Georgia ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-02          40003

I like the BX's too. Wish my 4100 would take a backhoe sometimes. For the dollars spent, the little Kubotas are a fine machine. ....

View my Photos
Frankie8acres

2003-01-10          47249

I think the bx22 is gonna be a hit with Kubota, they are one smart CO.

Wonder what the dealer costs is on them? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-10          47258

Kubota is a world company. We saw pictures of the BX series in use in Europe about 5 years before they came to the states. I would believe that the BX22 series was also used elsewhere before too. To me bigger is better, but you can't get a Case 580 in some back yards and the BX will fit in the garage. ....

View my Photos
homedad5acres

2003-03-21          51584

BX22/4way valve/12" bucket/bar tires/60"mower price $16,873 plus tax new. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal I live in PA.(pocono's) hard to find used. Any advice in the art of tractor buying would be appreciated ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-03-21          51591

grab it. ....

View my Photos
homedad5acres

2003-03-22          51592

thanks Mark, I was wondering if you own a BX22 and if so any downside. i'm a little concerned that the bucket might twist there is only 1 piston on the loader right in the center. i have 5 acres with most of the heavy work done,but is it still mostly field(no lawn)with alot of blue mountain stones to move (300lbs or less).also snow removal is a big deal here hoping the BX can take on these tasks and not leave me wanting more. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-22          51596

I don't think I'd worry too much about the single lift cylinder. I seem to recall seeing some pretty big wheel loaders with that design, and I think some old farm tractor trip loaders used a single cylinder and even on the side rather than the centre.

Other than that's good practice to avoid off-centre lifts, quite a bit of load is taken on the lift arm pivot points and most frames tie the pivots together. The pipe between the arms on most frames also ties the arms together.

View my Photos
TedatAbbeywoods

2003-03-22          51598

We in the landscaping business are starting to see the BX22 used commercially. Nurserymen and some landscapers are buying them because they can work in tight places. To satify your curiosity, the loader (LA210) has a lift capacity to full height of 460lbs, the breakout is 845lbs, and the backhoe (BT600) bucket force is around 2000lbs, the crowd is about 1150lbs - give or take a few. A real close look at this machine will tell you a lot. Just the fact that it CAN take a backhoe tells you that its maker has confidence in its strength. I see nothing about this machine to caution against its purchase, so long as you know that you will be using it for the purpose it was intended: light all purpose jobs. Talking with other landscapers helps fill in the picture, they like it, they won't try to make it something it isn't. It is a nice small tractor, and as I've always said, much better than a shovel and wheelbarrow! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-03-22          51599

There is a lot of info out there on these units and nobody knows how to make a compact tractor into a TLB better than Kubota. Look at the success of the B-20 series and the L-35 and the newer L-48 which all are very proven machines. The single tilt cylinder has been used in Bobcats for years and the larger loaders that have been mentioned in earlier posts. The unique part of the BX22 to it's brothers is the fact that it will take a mid mount mower. That makes it a great tractor for the small part time farmer or land owner. I put a cap of up to ten acres maximum for it's various duties for the home owner depending on his needs. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-03-22          51611

I do have a BX. If, as you state, the heavy work is done, then that is a good place to employ a BX.

Downsides: not the loader bucket. It is as strong and any other on any Kubota.

The loader is not always able to hoist a heaping bucket of wet dirt all the way to the top of the arc. It kinda runs out of soup the last six inches. This is only an issue if you need to lift wet soil to six feet high. If you do, just scoop a level bucket full and don't heap it.

I have filled the bucket to overflowing with rocks (many times)and noted no lack of power.

The smaller wheels will give a bit rougher ride than similar tractors with larger wheels. The net effect of this is mostly to slow you down a bit on rougher terrain, not while "working" because you will go slow there anyway, but when in the transport mode, like driving to the back forty on a rough rocky road. It only has a top ground speed of 8 MPH anyway, maybe this is one reason why.

It is the safest, most stable tractor I have operated to date, and one that I wouldn't hesitate to turn the wife and kids loose on to help with the chores.

It has plenty of horsepower and amazing traction, especially with the backhoe or similar weight attached to the rear end. It will easily traverse terrain in 2wd that my Deere 4100 will only go in 4wd. It will push or blow the snow for you very well. The turf tires might be better for winter usage. I recently bought an extra set of wheels and tires for under $300.00

So far, the backhoe has done everything I have asked of it. I also have a front blade for mine and I am in the process of "bulldozing" 750 feet of new roads and driveways through virgin sage brush. No problems there either.

Contrary to popular opinion, my BX handles all the same 3 point implements as my 4100. It will not lift them quite as high in the transport mode, but they attach and operate as designed.

It is, as previously stated, the swiss army knife of homeowners tractors.

View my Photos
homedad5acres

2003-03-23          51721

I want to thank you all for your comments and suggestions. For me this purchase is a half years pay. My wife and i made some good choices in our 20's which made it possible for us to buy 5 nice acres. It took me 5 1/2 years to build our home (myself and a few friends). I have totally distroyed 5 used craftsman tractors trying to maintain the field. And every year I'v hired a backhoe/loader to do some landscaping($40per hour).Snow removal is also becoming quite costly. We don't even have a car that cost as much as this kubota does. Our hope is that it will begin to pay itself off after a few years and still remain in good shape. I'm putting the order thru on tuesday ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-03-23          51731

Homedad5acres - You'll be glad you did...short term as well as long term. Good luck with your new toy !

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
homedad5acres

2003-03-24          51783

Thanks WillieH. I can't decide if I want to get the tiller and the power angle front blade. Talked to dealer today total price for the BX22loader/backhoe/60"mower/5'power angle blade/tiller/4way valve/12"bucket/bar tires $21,393including tax delivered. 0% interest for 3 years $2500 down $525/month. Is this good? Should at least get 2 toy tractors for my kids? Thanks again to all. ....

View my Photos
Scottbradley

2003-03-24          51790

I am also looking at the BX22. how is the backhoe operation, do you find that it is stong enough to dig to 6'?
Howwabout grading with the FEL, can it handle virgin soil?

I will be using it to dig a new sewer trench, grade down some areas and dig a new fish pond(1000 gallons small), remove a concrete drive and dig a workshop foundation. Ive looked at the JD4210, but for the cost diff. is this the way to go? ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-03-24          51795

homeda5acres -

Think for a bit whether you need all of these implements NOW, or can you realize these down the road. I realize that 0% is enticing, $22k, really isn't at least to me. The more every day imp's can usually be found at auctions, at considerable savings. If you don't need it right away, perhaps get to know the tractor first then when your ready for the respective imp, start looking around. Many times, prior to or immediately following a particular season, one can find attachments for sale, used, but considerably cheaper...it's your call to make.
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-03-24          51797

Scottbradley -
I recently had the opportunity to educate myself intimately with the BX22. You should have no problems at all accomplishing the tasks that you speak of. As a comparison, the older backhoe attachments, used to utilize a chain assembly for swinging the hoe from rt to lt. The BT600 backhoe that the BX22 accomodates, utilizes a hydraulic cylinder for swing control...at the very least, no more chain damage or periodic tightening, breakage, etc. Take a look at commercial units...they use the hydraulic design for years already, now you get the best of both worlds, not to mention that the BT600 is mated and rated for the BX22.

It is a small unit, unless you did the backfill job where you plan on trenching, or digging the fish pond, there is no telling what you may find below topsoil. It should handle most anything, within its designed capacities.

As far as the digging depth concern, the BT600 allows for a 72+ in depth. For your project at 6ft, it should work out fine.
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-03-25          51818

We recently had a water leak in our main line. I used the BX for the excavation. The pipe was about 5 feet down and by the time we scooped a sump for the water to run into we were over 6 feet down.

I was amazed, with my limited experience, at the controllability of the backhoe. I was digging within inches of the house and with a little guidance from the poor guy down the hole, we maneuvered around pipes and electrical lines without breaking anything.

The plumber who was helping said a similar job, done with a pick and shovel, took 2+ days At $95 an hour. With the BX we had the pipe fixed and the hole refilled in 3 hours flat, and he had to leave for 45 minutes to find the repair parts.

I think I saved enough to make the next three tractor payments.

In terms of FEL power, I have used it to cut and scoop out a 4-5 foot, root riddled embankment at one corner of the house. Once I got the technique down it performed just fine.

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-03-25          51819

Mark -
I think you stated it perfectly. "Once I got the technique down, it performed just fine". Every unit handles somewhat different than others, but once you develop the "feel" of the unit and what it can do... man the work that can be done!

As I have done in the past with my B5200 FEL w/Woods 650 hoe, everyone is amazed...all in the way you operate it.

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-26          51886

A 6' hoe usually means it will dig a 2' length of trench at 6'. For trenching, that means moving the tractor a lot. Takes time but the work gets done. Deep digging has to be done close to the tractor. It's not much of an issue for trenching, but when digging deep larger excavations, you have to be concerned about excavation walls collapsing and the tractor ending up in the hole. Shoring or terracing are the solutions and both are a lot of work. I'd also take care if working in a 6' trench, I believe that technically they're supposed to be shored. After we get the equipment, we still have to keep our wits about us 'cause even the best equipment won't do that for us.

For hoe artistry, the guy that demolished our building with a hi-ho knocked the whole house into the cellar and crunched up rubble in the cellar into shorts and longs that needed more crunching before going to the dump truck. He sorted the rubble into piles of shorts and longs with the bucket and picked things like furnaces and oil tanks out of the rubble and stacked them on the side for us. He also picked up the end of a well-feed line with the bucket and laid it at our feet. At one point he saw an old crock jug in the rubble, picked it up with the and more or less handed it to us. Pros get amazingly good with there equipment and typical tractor owners can get pretty good too but most of us don't get that much practice.

View my Photos
homedad5acres

2003-04-03          52533

Can't wait till my BX22 comes in. It's ordered and will be here on or about the 25th of april. It's getting warmer and soon will be time to start planting. I walk around my land and can just imagine the potential! I will visit this site to give my opinion of BX22 and how it performs. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-04-06          52695

homedad5acres -

"Rock"-on !

Willie H. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login