Go Bottom Go Bottom

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
tcsloan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-22          159719

trying to decide between bx 24 w/ 20 hrs 300 miles away for 13,500 vs 17k for a new one. any ideas on bonded shipping companies?
also i prefer the turf tires as i will be driving over newly established lawn. how much should i be willing to pay extra say, for dealer to put turf tires on a new one. i say dealer should do it for no extra if i buy a new one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-22          159729

It's similar to buying a car and requiring different tires. I doubt there's a cost difference between the two, though one brand of Chinese tractors costs $700 extra for turf (not sure why). If he orders tractor from the factory the way you want it, there's no extra cost to him. If he has a dozen on his lot and just interchanges the round things, it's an hour's labor. But if he has to replace the rims+tires or just the rubber, it will cost him and leave him with the old ones. And he could get the turfs from another dealer, from a tractor tire firm, or from the maker. So what it will cost him depends on how he does it, and what he charges you depends on what he can. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-01-22          159730

The used one for 13,500 sounds like the way to go depending on a lot of things. Why is it being sold with twenty hours? How old is the tractor? Is it set up the way you would like it? Can the current owner provide proof of ownership? Bonded shipping companies I know nothing about.
The new tractor, what tires come as standard equipment? Frank. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-22          159732

You will have more contact patch with turf tires than any other type out there. Grass isn't as delicate as one may think. What kills the grass is compacting the soil around it so it can't breathe or absorb water. I use R-4 on my 3,200 lb New Holland to finish mow.

Transporters bonded or not, insured or not are going vary widely on prices. I looked into it a few years ago for my equipment. I was getting prices from .75 a mile to $2.00.

You might be further off just renting a trailer and making a long weekend of it.

As far as tires and the dealer, each and every situtaion is different in at the same dealer for the same deal. Put your cards on the table withe salesman and ask for his best offer, telling him you are shopping for the best deal. But as I (sort of) tell my contracting customers, if you piss me off too much don't expect to come back again wanting something for nothing. This is after they tell me they can get it done for half the price--but then want to have me finish the job because the other guy either took their money or did a poor job or both. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
DRankin

2009-01-22          159737

When I had my BX it cost $300 for a complete set of new tires and rims.

No doubt it is a bit more now, but it is not a back-breaker on top of a $13K deal. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019

2009-01-27          159876

You can get a whole set of tires with rims for under $400.00 ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-01-28          159879

If I were not buying from a very major company, there is no way I would send money for a tactor I had not put my hands on. Too many scams out there. Now saying that, I have bought twice without seeing the machine but with one had relationship and payment was due on their deliever of the machine and the other was with a major company, not even a dealership. In both cases very pleased. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-01-28          159882

B-L-L-E-E-E-P B-L-L-E-E-E-E-P
This a Redneck Spellchecker Alert...

Kenny what's a "tactor"? ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-01-28          159883

EW; You're gettin kinda hard on some of us hillbilly folks. In your educated world you never knew that a tracor is a tractor without tracks?
Never fear Obama is at the helm now, hang on to your shorts. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-01-28          159884

OK, so now I spelled tactor wrong too, I flunked out of finishing school. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-01-28          159887

Hardwood, this will really worry ole Jeffrey ole boy but even I have notice in a post or two of his lately his hit a wrong key or two. Must be due to shaking finger syndrome due to the cold. :-)

Blessed my heart Murf pointed out about the question on the head being connected. But even if connected does not mean the light is on or it is working. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
Murf

2009-01-28          159888

Now Frank, that's mighty neighborly of you to pick on yourself and save poor ole Jeff the trouble of doing it.

You're just downright hospitable you are!! LOL

Best of luck. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-01-28          159889

Me an' Franky are buds...again. I better play the Lotto.

Kenny, your fat-fingeritis is in the air!

Murf should I be askeered? ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
Murf

2009-01-28          159890

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 159889
Me an' Franky are buds...again. I better play the Lotto.

I heard the grand prize in this weeks Michigan Lottery is a dinner for 4 voucher good at any Perkins or Boston Market.

I knew things were getting tough in MoTown, but really...... LOL

Best of luck. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-01-28          159891

At least in these tough times I can call my job, or position as some who try to impress others call it secure. I never had a real job, where you got a paycheck on Friday, wouldn't have a clue how to work a time clock. So if I never had a job I can't lose it right? ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
DRankin

2009-01-29          159914

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 159884
OK, so now I spelled tactor wrong too, I flunked out of finishing school.

Geez...... maybe that's why I can never get anything done. I never went to "finishing" school. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-01-29          159917

(DING! The light just came on about "finishing school")

Franky, did you mean "finishing school" as in what uppity southern belles go through? Or did you mean finishing school as in woodworking?

P-u-l-ease tell me the latter! If not, LOL, I will have to see you in a different manner. (Kenny, latter means the last one).

Gimme a hug Frank before you donk me with your helmet!

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-01-29          159920

Frank, in your wood working, every make any boxes oh mabye 6 to 7 feet long and oh 2 to 3 feet wide and about 1 1/2 feet deep? It would be used for finishing or storing a project I have in mind. The quality of the wood is not important as it will be out of sight and out of mind. Would like to know about how long it will last just in case it happened to be buried. ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-01-29          159923

EW; Yes, I tried to enroll at one of those fancy southern schools, but they said they were filled up for the season and my bloodlines didn't quite come up to their standards.

Kt; Funny EW should ask about my furniture finishing just when you need a box. I think I might have just what you need, would a creosote finish be good enough? ....

TURF TIRES ETC

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-01-30          159939

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 159923
EW; Yes, I tried to enroll at one of those fancy southern schools, but they said they were filled up for the season and my bloodlines didn't quite come up to their standards. Kt; Funny EW should ask about my furniture finishing just when you need a box. I think I might have just what you need, would a creosote finish be good enough?

The creosote, should not be a health problem for the use. Might want to see about you meeting me on the delievery somewhere between SC and Iowa but maybe little further North. Might want to have a small TP renuion in them parts.

Hey, old Jeffery, you would be welcomed. Why we could roast a hog, fry a turkey, shot the bull. Just a good ole time, Hillbilly or Country Style bout the same.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login