Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota price for new L3400

View my Photos
shawnlove
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-28          153317

Hi to all...what would be a good price to pay for a new Kubota L3400 HST 4 wheel drive with LA463 loader, industrial tires? This is my first tractor and need some opinions on price to offer dealer. Dealer quoted as a start off point $15,561 for tractor and $3,798 for loader = $19,359 total which is their list price but was willing to deal. We all of course never pay list price, but I would like to know where I should start my negotiations. Is there anything else I need to know about this tractor from those experienced with it?

Thanks for any price suggestions and other details on this particular tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
northnyman

2008-04-30          153355

You should check out barlow equipment. They ship nationwide and there prices are hard to beat. I was in the same boat and saved a considerable amount of money. Prompt delivery and nice folks to deal with. they are on the web ....

View my Photos
shawnlove

2008-05-01          153356

Thanks northnyman for responding. I know about their website, however, I am not sure what a good price to offer without lowballing too much to where they may not accept. Just curious as to what people are paying for this years Kubota L3400 with a front loader so I can figure what I will offer. I appreciate your info.

Thanks,
Shawn ....

View my Photos
northnyman

2008-05-01          153385

If you email me privately we can have a chat. nothernirish@yahoo.com I will be more than happy to help you out

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-03          153410

You may be looking at a 2007 Model? L3400HST 34.7HP
2008 L3400HST-1 has 1 extra hp 35.7HP
2008 List price is
L3400HST-1 with r4 tires is $16113.00
LA463FL FEL Is $3739.00
Inbound freight is about $400.00
Total list and inbound is about $20252.00

You should be able to buy 2008 for around $18800.00

View my Photos
shawnlove

2008-05-03          153412

Thank you Emerichsales for the info on prices. I appreciate your time to help me out. ....

View my Photos
northnyman

2008-05-03          153415

I received a kubota l3400hst with quick attach with heavy duty bucket and r4 tires loaded. This with delivery was 16990. barlow equipment check them out i am sure you will be glad you did. ....

View my Photos
shawnlove

2008-05-04          153437

Northnyman, thanks for offering the info, I will have to check what the delivery charge will be for New Mexico. I will assume that you paid around $500 for delivery correct?

Is your tractor 2007 or 2008 and was retail taxes included in your $16,990 purchase price?

Do you think your local dealer will have animosity that you did not purchase with them? Did they try to match barlow's price? Your local dealer should honor warrenty repairs should you need them correct?

Thanks again,
Shawn ....

View my Photos
northnyman

2008-05-04          153439

shawn:
I did not have to pay taxes i am agricultural. I think if you buy out of your home state you do not have to pay tax. The dealer locally wanted 19800 and would not come down on the price. That was his quote and he was not budging. It was a 2008 model. I don't think the local dealer has any animosity. He could just not come close to the price i was offered. I am not sure how much i paid for delivery it was included in the price. I just put in a bid and barlow came back with the price delivered. Just go to their kubota builder page input all of the info that you want on your machine and brady will email you back with a price delivered. As far as warranty work any kubota dealer will have to do repairs it is in their contract i believe. You will not get first priority but they will perform the repairs. It is not really a big deal. Kubotas rarely need warranty work. Any more questions feel free to ask. The price for doing business here in New York state is very high and if the difference was only a few hundred i would have went local. ....

View my Photos
shawnlove

2008-05-06          153468

Northnyman,

Your input has really helped me in establishing negotiations. The local dealer is now renting Kubotas which started this week. I drove my neighbors 2006 44 hp Kubota and I was impressed. I will rent the L3400 for a day, but I am already sold on it. I will get a quote from Barlows and see if the local dealer will match it. If they are not even close I will order mine from Barlows. You giving me the price you paid was the key for me to have leverage. We all know the game when buying and knowledge is power. Thanks to you I have some extra knowledge to close the deal soon. :)

I have one neighbor with a Kubota and the other with a Case. Both tractors have performed here on my property, and hands down the Kubota out performed. I see more Kubotas in this area than any other tractor in the under 50 hp category.

Thanks again,
Shawn ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-06          153473

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnlove | view 153437
Do you think your local dealer will have animosity that you did not purchase with them?

Dealerships are made up of people. As each person varies so does each dealership. What will upset one dealership will not even register with another. Don't forget your attitude and the way you treated the local dealership also comes into this equation. kt ....

View my Photos
northnyman

2008-05-10          153599

Hi i was just wondering how you made out with your purchase? I was wondering if your local dealer was able to come close to the purchase price you wanted to pay. ....

View my Photos
shawnlove

2008-05-11          153612

I haven't presented a deal yet with my local dealer. Been busy all week with other things that needed my attention. I will post here once I have made the deal which hopefully will be a good one thanks to you and others here. :) ....

View my Photos
northnyman

2008-11-23          158091

I was wondering how you made out with your new machine ....

View my Photos
dannw1431

2009-01-16          159540

Hi Northnyman,

I'm checking into Barlow now for a new L3240 HST Plus 4WD with LA724 FEL now

I believe Barlow could quote a better price than I may get locally.

But I have concern about service after the sale. My local guy may not want to service my tractor because I didn't buy it there

Did you have this concern, and if so, how did you deal with it?

/Dann ....

View my Photos
ejkessler

2009-01-17          159564

I just purchased a L3540 FEL LA724, BH90 and other options. I purchased my tractor from a dealer 4 hours from my house. White's Farm Supply (Art). The closest anyone came who is near where I live was well over 5,000 more in trade. I had a L2800 that I traded toward the new tractor. I realize that when and if my tractor may need warranty work that the dealers by contractual agreement have to work on your tractor. That means I may be put on the bottom of the to do list, but I figure it will be worth it. I wouldn't have chosen to go so far away for several hundred dollars, but this was different and shows me how much people will try and gouge you if you allow them.
P.S. get the QA for the FEL and a rear remote from the dealer. Much cheaper now than retro-fitting ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login