Go Bottom Go Bottom

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94404

Sorry, but I have to vent. I ordered my 4310 with FEL and 72" MMM 4 weeks ago. The tractor was at a dealership in their network of dealerships they own. The dealer was about 3 hours away by car. I could have been there and back with the tractor in 8 hours. Yet it took them 3 weeks to get it to my dealership. Now the problem is Deere itself. Seems they are not capable of shipping the bracket that attaches the MMM lift cylinder to the tractor frame. I was supposed to have the tractor on last Friday but of course the bracket was missing from the kit. So the part was supposed to be overnighted and arrive Saturday so I could get the tractor yesterday (Tuesday). Well, the part still isn't there and I still don't have a tractor. I have now completely lost all the free time I had scheduled to complete projects with this new tractor. My Saturday's are now booked through October.

I rushed home yesterday to move stuff in the shop so I could take delivery. 15 minutes after it's supposed to arrive, I get the phone call. They were willing to drop off the tractor as is so I could use it until the mower bracket shows up. I said no. I need it to mow. 2 weeks ago would have been ideal for delivery. I'm a reasonable person, but I'm about ready to tell them to give me my deposit back and I'll go buy something else.

argh!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94425

I felt your pain when I got my 4310. It took around 5 weeks for it to arrive. In your case it sounds to me like the dealer is a mess. In the entire "network of dealerships" they don't have a single bracket they can use? Can't they take one off another machine? Maybe you should ask for a loaner so you can mow. ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-25          94434

Tell the dealer that you want a loaner machine at no cost until your tractor is ready or a loaner 272 RFM on your 4310. Otherwise you wish to cancel the order. I can understand your frustration. The dealer does not sound like they are being very proactive about this situation. If you have a part number for this bracket; I can try and locate one for you. ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-08-25          94442

OK to vent here and understand your fustration.

Not sure what part you are missing, but the attaching hardware is LVB25137 and the 3rd Select Control Valve (so you can raise that monster) is LVBM19694. You might find out which of these two are missing, phone neighboring dealers and purchase one and then work out the $$ with your present dealer. ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-25          94444

The sales guy did offer up a loaner machine. But part of my need is to get the wife on the tractor while I'm home so she is the one mowing. She won't do it unless I am home until she gets used to the machine. My schedule is such now that I'm not home much this fall. Kind of a problem. A loaner just doesn't cut it as it's diff from the new machine.

As for the missing part, I'm not sure which one it is. I'm letting them deal with it. I know some guys that could fabricate it in a few hours if I got a print. Sad part is, I have a source for the print. I'm getting to the point of taking that route. ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-25          94455

Here is the entire rockshaft lift arm control assembly. Which part is it that you need? ....

Link:   Rockshaft Lift Arm Control Assembly

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-26          94576

Deere finally came through several days late. The part showed up yesterday and I now have one srious mowing machine. This is the first time I've driven one of these. It's nicer than I thought. The loader is quick and easy to operate. I used the box blade to remove some bad mud/potholes in the drive. I bogged the machine down with the BB full of rocks, but fired up the MFWD and it was no problem. This machine rocks!!!

Loader goes on and off easy. It's way better than I imagined. ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-26          94581

Glad to hear that the dealer finally got things together and deliverd the machine. Sounds like the dealer was trying to get things right but ran into supply problems. Enjoy the machine! It appears that you are already. ;o) ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-26          94592

Congratulations! Hope you took some pics while it was clean. Here's two PM tips. Crawl under the machine with some nylon zip ties and make sure that all the wiring harnesses are tucked up high and tight. When working in tall woody brush they have been somewhat prone to catching in the brush and being damaged. Also, keep an eye on the battery area in front of the radiator. On hot days it may outgas some and eventually cause corrosion in that area. You might ask your dealer for a remote-vent battery cap to vent the battery gas under the tractor. ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-26          94603

Can't say it's clean. I couldn't wait to use it so I removed the loader (that's slick!!) and mowed the ditch. Gophers had made some dirt mounds down there and the 1" of rain in the morning made it muddy. So there's some mud on the shiny new tractor. I also used it to fill in the mud puddles in the driveway that my dogs were laying in. I moved the dogs first. So more mud from that.

Also wanted to say thanks to the guys that answered my questions on the board. It helped me out and made me more confortable with my purchase. My old Oliver has more power, but the JD 4310 has more usable power. I want to take vacation and go home and play some more. But I have to run to Amana from Newton and check on some prototype parts for work. Sigh, it might be enough to delay me from getting home on time!! NO!!! ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-08-26          94610

Hey, Iowafun. Smart move getting those dogs out of the wallows before filling them in... Congrats. Sounds like quite a few stories of post-purchase frustration but with a happy ending. I have alway marveled at the difference between the tractor industry and the auto industry for new machine sales. Buy a new car and you typically have in prepped and ready within a couple of days, even if the car has to come from another dealer. I suppose the difference is based in the fact that tractor buyers really do have so many choices to make, and so many add-ons available. I think most inventory out there is pretty baseline for the model. Probably even more so for a tractor your size. That's no excuse for the dealer ordering the wrong part number or for the parts network to move that slowly, whichever was the real cause.

Which county are you in in the Tall Corn State. I was raised in Story County, the son of a former JD engineer. Go Hawks or'Clones, whichever your preference... Pete ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-27          94684

BigPete, know what ya mean about the auto industry. I was living in Minnesota 10 miles from Canada when I bought my F250. It was down in South Dakota. 2 days later it was at the dealer, preped and I was climbing in to take it home. Imagine how dominant a dealer could become in an area if they used such customer service! ....

WTF - ARGH

View my Photos
alan6271
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-27          94706

I have a great dealer in my area. It doesn't seem to matter what I order (except owners manuals. I have been waiting 8 weeks on that now). The longest I have ever waited for any part for my tractors was 2 days. Most of them are one day.

I wish there was an online resource for owners manuals for discontinued tractors. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login