Go Bottom Go Bottom

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
sshuma
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-03          85058

I'm interested in getting a set of pallet forks for my 4310 w/ 430 Loader. I talked to the dealer about it, and he quoted me $950 for a set. That seems quite high to me. Anybody out there have a reference price for me? Also, if you have a set of these forks, how useful are they?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-03          85060

I use mine as much as I use the bucket. It is the most useful tool on the tractor.

Mine came from Rankin and cost $600 on the Left coast. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-03          85073

If you're moving real heavy stuff on pallets 3ph forks will have more capacity and the expense of lift height. Something to consider if you're moving heavy landscape materials (like masonry blocks) around. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-05-03          85079

Hmm.... Anybody make iMatch-compatible forks? ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-03          85085

Funny you should ask....

I spoke to Mike Yearout at Rankin about iMatch forks and he said "no problem". They charged an extra $30 to make a custom set for me, which I ordered through my dealer. When they arrived they didn't fit, and it was obvious they never even tried them. The pin spacing was correct, but frame brackets on the forks prevented the iMatch cams from swiveling out and into position. Rankin was darned unresponsive about it - in fact they repeatedly told the dealer they would call me about it and they never did. Not very impressive.

Anyway, the dealer spoke to Rears manufacturing and they supposedly have redesigned their rear forks to work with iMatch and they SHOULD arrive at the dealer this week. They are swapping the Rankin forks I already bought for the Rears forks when they arrive.

So, I don't yet know if they will really be iMatch compatible but I'll keep you posted. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
headhog

2004-05-03          85129

I have a 4310 fel with pallet forks,the ones that john deere
makes or has made for them and i like DRankin i've found that i use the forks as much or more than the bucket.i've
now gone out and got some wooden pallets just to have around
to put stuff on and other worthless things on so i can move
them around quicker. their use is almost endless, just the other day i got a call from a neighbor that needed a floating dock (10'x36') lifted off of a 45' trailer, we
picked up one end of it while the truck driver drove forward
until it was almost off of the trailer than went around to the other end and lifted it up from the side as the trailer
clear the dock. hell,they were on the phone trying to rent
a crane! i paid about 850.00 for them but it was all rolled together
with the tractor,fel,lx5 and rear blade. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-05-04          85148

headhog -- Do the forks go in in place of the bucket, or do they attach to the bucket? ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-04          85157

Not sure what kind headhog has, but they make both kinds. The type that clamps on the bucket are the inexpensive choice, but they are limited in their weight carrying capability because heavy loads will deflect the bucket and because the weight is extended further forward. The other kind replaces the bucket. Clamp-ons can probably only lift 5-600 lbs. I was quoted around $300 for a set of clamp-ons and bucket replacement forks were from $700-$900 depending on brand. FWIW, my 3ph forks were ~$350. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2004-05-04          85179

Think carefully about what you will actually USE the forks for. I was considering a set but in the end went with a $70 3-pt carry-all which was rated to 2000lbs at the far tip of each "fork". It carries pallets just fine (can slide the forks in under the pallet too) and was very friendly to the wallet. If you are just going to lift an move stuff then the carry-all will probably work. If you need to stack pallets one atop the other you may NEED the forks. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-04          85183

AnnBrush, I'm curious about your carry all. What brand is it? I have a carry all that is rated for 4000 lbs, but it would never slide more than a few inches into a pallet due to lateral bracing. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2004-05-04          85198

KW
Its a King Kutter. I suspect its rated at 1000lbs for each "fork" for a total of 1 ton. Dont know if I would want to load it that heavy but it seems to handle total loads of ±1300 lbs just fine. Of course bracing would make it sturdier but as you mention it detracts from the ability to slide it under a pallet ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-05-04          85204

I looked at a picture of the KK carry all on their web site and can see how it could work for lighter pallets. That's a good tip! ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
headhog

2004-05-04          85213

sshuma, the forks that i have go in place of the bucket and
they're very easy to install.just like if you're hooking up
the bucket and that's all there is to it and the forks are
adjustable from side to side. matter of fact just this afternoon a neighbor came by the shop and was needing his
riding lawn mower(big and heavy) put in back of his truck so
he could get it repaired,it was as easy as taking candy from
a baby. my neighbor said,"he just hope the repair shop had a
way of getting it out of the truck!" ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-05-05          85269

Headhog: Beautiful family! If that is your daughter in the tractor seat you had best add a shotgun to your equipment list, maybe some barbed wire and a moat too.. :> ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-05          85273

A PHD would probably make installing a mine field an easy task......

Best of luck. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
headhog

2004-05-05          85320

DRankin,murf
thanks for the kind words about the family,and yes thats
my daughter & better half in pic # 1. they're known around
here as the "high maintance doe's" as ya'll can see. our
last name just happens to be Buck so the tractor had to be
green. good idea about the shotgun,barbed wire & the moat,
but i'll tell'a it's a job when all those "young bucks" come
a call'n, they don't know if they're in love or lust!(ha,ha) ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
kadorken

2004-05-06          85395

In Canada, (non JD) pallet forks with 1200 lb lift capacity that fit in place of the standard bucket on a 430 loader are $550 CDN (quoted price just this week from the JD dealer - they use third party attachments where the customer has a special requirement).

The ones that clamp on to the bucket run $220 EACH ($440 a pair). They have a chain that wrap around the bucket to help distribute the load

These are manufactured by Horst Welding in Listowel Ontario Canada. See http://www.horstwelding.com and their product pages for details. ....

Link:   

Click Here

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-05-06          85398

I paid $150 for a 4" angle iron 3ph fork from some local farmers. Don't even know what brand they are. You just have to let the one brother try to convert you and your dead relatives to the Mormon church - and then you are on your way.

They served their purpose for hauling palets of bluestone around my property. But as was previously said in this thread - you can't stack the palets. Nor can you get 4" angle iron through the palet so you have to re-load the stone onto empty palets on the 3 pt hitch , then find some stone or other boards to set the palets up higher than 4" so that you can pick them up again. ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-05-06          85400

Headhog, is that the inland coastal waterway? I must say - you have it made. A tractor, a Boston Whaler, palm trees on the water? What a life! ....

430 FEL Pallet Forks

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-07          85462

Headhog, we have a saying about that problem up here and keeping the young men & women apart. It's definitely less worry with sons than daughters.

Our saying goes something to the effect (edited for family viewers) "With a son you only have to worry about one penis, with a daughter you have to worry about every penis.".

Best of luck.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login