Go Bottom Go Bottom

HST Performance on JD4310

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-20          83718

I have had my 4310 HST for 1 year and have 230 hours on it. It, for the most part, performs flawlessly. However, maybe once a day when using it I press the forward pedal and the tractor doesn't move. I lift my foot off the pedal and press again slowly and it engages. It has never failed to engage and move forward on the second attempt so I have not been concerned about this. Is this something to be expected with HST?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-20          83720

That doesn't sound normal. I haven't noticed that on my 4310. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2004-04-20          83725

ncrunch32

Are you positively sure you didn't hit both peddles at the same time? If you did (doesn't take much) you'll have to release whichever peddle you're trying to push and it will reset.

If this is the case, it's nothing to worry about. It's a safety feature. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-04-20          83726

Billy - interesting, could be possible. I'll have to pay attention to my foot position next time this happens. Maybe I have just touched the other pedal enough to cause this to happen. Thanks for the advice! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-20          83727

Learn something new every day here! I never even considered what would happen if both pedals were pressed simultaneously. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2004-04-20          83728

ncrunch32, like I said, it doesn't take much. When it happens again and as soon as it happens, look at the Indicator Lamp (the diagnostic light). It should be flashing but will stop real quick (after you release the peddle/peddles). As soon as it stops, you should be set to go.

I know about this because I've done it before. I hope this is your case.

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-20          83731

I'm not very familiar with the Greene Machines but is there not some sort of mechanical linkage between the forward & reverse pedals to prevent pushing both at the same time? I would think they would be connected by some sort of rocker mechanism so when one goes down the other can't move.

On a lot of HST machines the drive control is a single rocker pedal, front is forwards, back is reverse with a pivot in the middle, sort of a directional teeter-totter.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-20          83736

With the JD eHydro I'm sure it's easier and cheaper to do an exclusive-OR in software (one or the other but not both). ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-20          83739

My 4115 has reciprocal pedals. You can go backward by pulling UP on the forward pedal. ....

View my Photos
headhog

2004-04-20          83752

i have a new 4310 with less than 15 hours on it,and i notice
during the first few hours of use it would do the same thing
as ncrunch32.(it's a e/hydro model also). it may have done
it 5 or 6 times but only in the forward mode.i would engage the forward pedal repeatly and nothing would happen or no
forward motion, but i could engage the reverse pedal and go
backwards a bit than engage forward again all seem to work
normal. i do remember that when all this was happening
i had the rpm's just below 1500 with no load. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-21          83800

As already said and covered, watch foot position when this happens. If this is not the problem, it could be a problem with the controller for the ehydro or faulty ehydro system sensor. (i.e. perhaps an faulty pedal postion potentiometer. There is a very in depth trouble shooting procedure for this that your dealer can perform to ensure proper operation and weeding out the offending sensor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login