Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 4210 or New Holland TC35D

View my Photos
Muensterman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-12          82910

Looking to buy a tractor soon to maintain 10 acres, gravel driveway, snow removal, tree & rock moval/removal, bushhogging and mowing. Looking at the JD 4210 and the New Holland TC35d. At a loss as what to purchase. Both are at $19000 (that is what I have to spend) with loader and bushhog, hydro tranny and 4 wheel drive. CAn anyone give me thier opinions on these two tractors? Do they have similar longevity?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-13          82931

They're both good quality machines from reputable manufacturers. Good dealer support is quite important, which should be a factor in your decision.

The two tractors you list are sort of like apples and oranges, the NH has 25% more hp and better hydraulics. A more accurate comparison might be between the TC35 and the JD 4410.

If I was given a choice of only these two machines I'd opt for the TC35. ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-13          82980

Thanks for the input! I know what you mean about the comparison of the two different sized tractors. I came up with those two based on money availible, $19000, for a tractor. Those where the two that I liked most for that amount of money. I've only always heard good things aboutJD, but, honestly, before I saw this web page, have never heard a single thing about New Holland. So you think the New Holland would be the same quality and have the same lifetime as the JD? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-13          82985

All of the big 3 brands, JD, Kubota, and NH make good, dependable machines that should last you a long time. The dealer is more important than the brand, but you do need to make sure you buy something that will do what you want. Buying by price alone is very likely to result in disappointment and could cost you more in the long run. You need to buy a tractor and implements, and if you spend too much on the tractor you won't have enough left for the implements that you need to do the job. Another way to make sure you are right-sized is to make a list of tasks you need to get done, then shop for implements that will accomplish those tasks, then pick a tractor that will run everything on your implement list. If you blow your budget on the tractor it will sit in the garage while you wish for a rotary cutter, or box blade, or backhoe, or snow blower, or plow, or pallet forks, or chipper, or log splitter, or ... ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-13          82990

Looks like you there are 2 of the same threads going at the same time. I posted some prices and example on the thread entitled " JD 4210 or TC35D????" ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-13          82999

I started looking at the JD first, and then went to look at the NH's in the same price range as the JD (19000 with bucket loader and bushhog). Found that the NH has more bang for the buck. I was mostly wondering ig the NH was as good or better tractor as the JD. It's always nice to get more for the same amount of money. OH yeah, I have alot of conflicting data on the TC35d, is it a 4cyl or a 3cyl? Both the JD dealer and the NH dealer in my area seem to be very decent dealers. I'm guessing that the NH would just be a better by, dollar for dollar. Another thing is the NH dealer has every attachment at ther shop for rent or sale. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-13          83005

The TC35 is a 3 cylinder. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-13          83006

Since this will be your first tractor it might be a good idea to get brochures on both of them and then go down the specification list to see where they're different. It's a good way to get an education. ....

View my Photos
ROBOHA

2004-04-16          83323

if you do purchase the nh. better keep it for a long time
resale and trade in figures are about 20% less then jd. its like bying a bayliner boat more bang for the buck but never holds up like a grady white! good luck roboha ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-16          83338

Thanls for clearing up the cylinder question. The quote printout from the dearler said 4 cyl, but everything every where said 3. I have all the dealer ship brochures on both the 4210 and TC35d. I think that the 4210 will be to under powered, maybe not. I am still confused. One day I think JD and one day I think NH. ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-16          83339

wow, 20% less, thats pretty bad. JD is definitaly the Lords of the Tractors. I just can't afford the size that I feel I need on the John Deeres. I think that the NH should perform well enough. Is that your opinion? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83345

As a guy who likes JD, I gotta say if I were faced with buying a 4210 or a TC35 for the same price I'd opt for the TC35. If it were a 4310 or a TC35 I'd probably go with the 4310. ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-16          83347

I'll have to get JD to give me quote on a 4310. I would really rather have a JD, but money is money, you know. How much do you think a 4310 with loader and rotary cutter would cost. For the 4210 I was quoted 19100 for the tractor and implements. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83350

I'd guess a 4310 eHydro with 430 loader and a 5' medium duty rotary cutter might be around $20.5-$21k. The 4310 would be a little more compact and have greater 3-point lift capacity but less loader lift capacity. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2004-04-16          83351

I am not sure what weed they are growing and smoking in MD but in my travels I have not found any difference in resale between the JD and the NH CUT. There my be a difference at the dealer for a trade, but on private sales if anything the NH has higher resale. If you are unsure a search through the TP classified should be pretty representative. As we mention on the other post the TC 35 is closer to the JD4410 interms of power. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-16          83358

i dido peters. but if you are thinking nh got to the tc 40 for $500 more you get a 4 cylender 5 more horse power and a whole lot more torqe. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-16          83362

I think the resale on all the majors is about the same.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the 4410 is closer in terms of HP, but since the OP was comparing the 4210 to the TC35 it didn't seem like HP was a major criteria. ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-16          83364

Is the TC40D really only 500 more then the TC35D? If that is the case, I will definately get the 40.

I guess concerning resale, I plan to keep the tractor until it dies. ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-04-16          83365

I had been hearing that the NH and the JD had some different applied HP's/ Kind of like a your foot is a size eight in one brand shoe and a 9 in the other brand shoe. The way that it sounds in all these posts is that that is totally not the case. ....

View my Photos
billy r

2004-04-21          83867

I suggest going JD. I owned a JD for many years and never had any problems. Owned a New Holland for one year and have not been satisfied with reliability. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-21          83878

you said your nh was a 99 that means you had it for 5 years you have to make up your mind ....

View my Photos
StoneGate

2004-06-12          88375

For what it is worth, I looked at JD, NH and Kubota today, a Saturday. The Kubota dealer had about two other people looking besides me. I was the only person at the NH dealer the whole time I was there (about an hour) and at the JD dealer there were probably a dozen or more people there, either looking at new equipment or other business. I have been looking for about a month and I always come back to the JD. It is a little more money (especially with the attachments), but I feel like it will be worth it in the long run. Actually, by the time I priced everything out you could throw a hat over the total. I was looking at the NH35DA, the Kubotal L3430HST and the JD4410eHydro. The interesting thing is that the FEL was less on the JD than the other two--by over a $1k on the NH and about $700 on the Kubota. That made up some slack on the approx. $800 difference in base price. Actually, I concluded that they are all probably strong and reliable tractors, but in the end I wanted to be with a good dealer and I have had green twice (small garden tractors), and I have never had a problem--I mean never. I bought my first one on the recommendation of a fried in California--he had one sitting in his garage that he had since 1958, and it still "ran like a Deere." I hope my luck holds up.

StoneGate ....

View my Photos
Muensterman

2004-06-14          88512

Thanks for the post. I have actually bought a tractor now, and so far (only acouple of weeks now) I am pretty happy with it. I bought a TC33DA with a 72" rear discharge midmount mower. And a 60" bush hog. IT preforms very well. I do like how the driver platform allows more visiblilty around the tractor on the NH than the JD. I looked at the Kubota's and they just didn't sit well for me. I know that they are a great tractor, but I just wasn't comfortable on it. The JD was by far the most comfortable.

I guess another big thing that NH had was 1.9% financing. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login