Go Bottom Go Bottom

790 Teloscoping Lift Arms

View my Photos
xlengr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-12          82842

Does anyone know if aftermarket telescoping 3 point hitch arms (such as on the Boomer Deluxe 3 pt hitch) are available for a John Deere 790. I am getting tired of wrestling around my implements. I called my dealer and he did not know.

Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-13          82916

I don't know either. I don't change implements all that often and I get by with a pry-bar to lever implements around. Sometimes I dig in the loader bucket, connect one lower link and then use the loader bucket to move the tractor a few inches, which tends to square up the implement. I do have a crank 3ph leveler that makes things a bit easier.

There are a few other tricks and all with some safety issues I suppose but they're good enough so I've never thought about telescoping link arms seriously. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-13          82927

I doubt there are any aftermarket manuf.'s because it's such a small market, but I suspect if you found a set for sale on e-Bay or such they could be easily adapted to fit.

As for tricks to mounting 3pth implements, there are as many tips & tricks as there are people trying to do it I'm sure. One I've seen that seems to work fairly well is putting a light chain on the implement's hitch, one longer than the tractor, and lay it on the ground leading away in front of the implement. Then when you back up almost to the implement it ends up under the tractor, then you roll the bucket as far to the 'dump' position as it will go, hook it to the bucket and using the curl function pull the implment the last few inches. This method gives you good control while sitting safely abve the hitch in the seat. If you pull it too close just pull ahead a bit and try again.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-13          82934

Tom and Murf, these are great tips that have escaped me till now.

Murf's tip with the chain may be just the thing I need to get the backhoe/sub-frame lined up with the tractor. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82935

Glad I could be of assistance friend, BTW did that fur-lined hat show up yet ? ;-p

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-13          82937

Yes. And it had a set of antlers attached to it with duct tape. The label on the raccoon tail said "Hecho in Canada".

Hmmmmm..... ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82938

I told Red it should have been written in French, but no, he had to make it look official. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-04-13          82942

Before they bury me 'neith the turf,
If I could be just half a Murf. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82951

Shortmagnum gets the limerick of the week prize...

Reach into picture number 14 and pick your choice of beverage, but be careful, this Canuck brew has a real kick to it.

Besides, they can't find ya' handsome over the 'net, so I figure I need to be extra handy to make up for it.

Oh, there goes the possum call, time for another lodge meetin'...... darn where's my duck-tape apron gone.

I only hope all the good donuts aren't gone before I get there...... ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82955

Randy, your hats ready, see my pic # 16.

Mark, when the Lodge meetings over we'll start work duck taping the Kubota logo on the other side and the chin strap on yours. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-04-13          82961

Murf, is that Moose Head I see in the snow?
Dave ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-13          82967

Dave, sorry to disappoint you, that's Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login