Go Bottom Go Bottom

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
DennoAce
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-07          82411

Well I got a surprise today when I got home and saw a small box from JD with a new hat in it! I am sure all you owners already knew this, but I had no clue and didn't expect it.

Yes it's just a hat, but it is a nice gesture and they didn't have to do it. I spent a lot more for my new truck and didn't get squat...well, a couple of recall notices.

This small token tells me a lot about the company I am dealing with. I was glad I bought a John Deere vs. some others I was considering, and now more than ever.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-07          82412

I was jazzed when my hat showed up too. They sure get a lot of good will out of those hats. It's just a hat, and the buyer pays for it, but it's more than most companies do.

My wife came home the other day with a green and yellow JD stuffed flying disc toy for the dog. The dog loves it! I'll have to post some pics. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-07          82413

I'm more impressed with my dealer. Every time I spend $200.00 or more at the shop I tell the dealer I want a hat, he smiles and says "your gonna put me in the poor house" and says O.K. , go get a hat. I've got about 10 of 'em, good dealer. He don't have to and it probably doesn't cost him much but it's the thought.

David ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-07          82414

OK, if anyone wants to see our miniature Poodle pup playing with a JD flying disc you might check out my pics 15-17. I wonder if JD sells dog hats too? ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-07          82423

You didn't get the coffee cups, door mat, pens, writing pads, and T-shirt with your hat and tractor too???????? ;o) ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-07          82424

Hey! I didn't get no stinking hat! ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-07          82425

Mark, maybe they knew you were gonna buy that Kubota RTV! ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Billy

2004-04-07          82426

Hey Mark, maybe they'll send you some crumpets and tea!

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-07          82432

That would be better than eating my hat. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Abbeywoods

2004-04-08          82470

I also received the collector's hat last Friday, nice to know the sale was appreciated. The card with it showed a diverse group photo of JD employees, my dealer said they probably assembled my machine, who knows? The most important thing about JD to me is the service I receive from my dealer, there are many quality tractors on the market, but in my area, quality dealers of any brand are on the decline.

Another nice thing about JD, when I need parts or accessories that require no dealer action like setups, JD ships them FedEx right to my door, and doesn't gouge my eys out in the process. I absolutely love that! ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-04-08          82483

Ok.... rub it in a little more.

Maybe my hat and picture are being sent from Japan. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-08          82485

Mark, your hat is on the way, they are just looking for a fur-lined one with the chin-strap so it doesn't blow off at high speeds on the RTV, that's all.

I'll have a one of those crumpets too please, cheese & jam on mine.

Best of luck. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-04-08          82486

Mark,
I bet they sent your hat to Chief's house. I'm sure he'll give it back once he has broke in for you!! ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Chief

2004-04-08          82487

I was wondering why JD would send me a furry hat with a chin strap on it for?????? ;o) ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-08          82490

Chief, maybe they didn't notice your zip code and thought you lived up in them thar' hills a piece ... ;-O

Best of luck. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
ROBOHA

2004-04-08          82498

wow my dealer gave 2 hats at purchase and i got a folding chair from jd just for a test drive its pretty cool its a folding directors chair with the jd logo on the back! gee i wonder if they will send me hat now that i purchased the tractor? roboha ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-08          82500

Roboha, you'll probably get a hat in the mail, unless you're associated with Mark in JD's database :) My dealer gave me two hats and I got another in the mail. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
beagle

2004-04-08          82504

My Kubota dealer gave me a hat at the time of sale. The dog chewed it up and tried to bury it in the yard. Dealer gave me the second one half-off.

I think the dog has stock in J-D. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
Murf

2004-04-08          82505

A couple of my staff were ticked we didn't get one hat for each machine we bought, ie. one hat for each operator.

They're a clever bunch of lads though.

So when they went into the JD booth at the big equipment show in Toronto this winter they commented that they got ripped off for their hats, so the JD people gave them each a nice green hat. They then headed straight for the Kubota booth and walked in 'en mass' in those nice new GREEN hats.

In mere seconds each of them was presented with a nice new suede and canvas Kubota hat and matching golf shirt!!!

Hmmm, me thinks they pay a little too much attention to my sneakiness sometimes.......

Best of luck. ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
sshuma

2004-04-09          82568

When I bought my tractor, the dealer told me to pick out a hat -- and gave me a good discount on one of the 1/16 scale 4310's, too... I thought that was pretty cool. But two nights ago I got my 'Owner's Edition' hat in the mail -- with the business card personalized for me and my dealer, and the Thank You card with the picture of all the JD workers on it. Like everyone else on this thread, I know it's just a hat -- but I was thrilled and completely impressed! For a big company like JD to take the time to do that is very impressive.

I also got my free chair the same day -- again, a very cool product.

Also, I set up the auto-pay option for my loan. Something was funky with my web server, so I had to call in. I got a very personable and knowledgeable associate on the phone who took care of everything for me. Then sent me a confirmation e-mail from her account, and gave me her direct phone extension. Again, for a big company to give that level of personal attention is rare.

But you know -- I guess all this 'marketing' is working -- 'cause I sent in an order for 1/16 scale 4310's for my dad and brother, a sweatshirt for my mom, two Johnny Teach 'n' Play pillows for my niece and nephew, a shop clock for me, etc.!! ....

I am impressed with JD

View my Photos
DennoAce

2004-04-09          82577

Well a lot of funny posts here. I do think it definately means more for some reason when it comes delivered rather than just getting it from the dealer that day.

The only thing more I would have expected from my dealer (he could be "listening" to this also...) was that I thought it would be nice a few days after delivery to at least call and see if everything was ok and that I was satisfied....I mean I would have if I were a salesman who sold $12k worth of machinery, but after she was dropped off I never heard another word. Well, except for the payement book and the hat..but of course that's from Deere.

ps I was thinking the same thing about the little card with the hat since I know the 4110 is made in Japan, that the workers on that card looked awfully non-Asian...but anyone that bitches about JD having to have things made overseas to compete only has our own BS foreign trade policy to blame...I mean the company has to compete or they will die. Hard to compete with a dollar a day wage while some greedy union bum here in the US is making $25/hour plus bennys and still wants more! But sorry I guess that's another subject... :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login