Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-24          80970

I know there is an on-line John Deere warranty that says CUTs have a 2 year warranty. The dealer also told me the same when I bought the tractor. But when I go through all the paperwork the dealer gave me + literature when I bought the tractor there is no paper that describes the warranty. I saw on-line the other day that you can extend the 2 year warranty, and you can do so for a cheaper rate if you do it by the end of the first year. SO I called the dealer and asked for the prices of the extended warranty. They call back and tell me they will have to call the John Deere company for the info - they never got back to me. This is the same dealer that didn't know about the "chair for test ride promotion". Why is it so difficult to get warranty information? Is it the same with all dealers? Does John Deere not like to give customers copies of the warranty when they purchase their equipment?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
Abbeywoods
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-24          80973

You can find out all about your warranty right online at the Deere homepage. I don't think that there is any slight of hand going on, but to be sure, you can always e-mail Deere and ask customer service what's up? In clude your model, serial number, date of purchase, dealer's name, and see if they make a response. I've had good results with the Deere Customer Service, online. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-24          80981

The printed warranty should be in your operators manual. It's on page 106 of mine, and in the index also. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-24          80987

Thanks Abbeywoods - I haven't used the on-line service. Guess I'd better start. KW - I know that the engine, battery warranty is in operator's manual - I 'll check page 106. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
Billy

2004-03-24          80988

Yep, look in your Operator's Manual. It's on page 102 in my manual but I have a 4610.

About the extended warranty. I asked my dealer about it and he said I wouldn't need it. I hope he's right. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-24          81024

Yep, I've seen this warranty on page 106. It's the engine, tire, and battery warranties. The product warranty statement (first paragraph) states that "Product warranty is provided as part of John Deere's support program for custromers who operate and maintain their equipment as described in this manual." It does not describe the product warranty. So you have to count on the web page warranty for your product warranty statement. Unfortunately the web page warranty has an effective date which is after the purchase date of my tractor. So I still have to track down a statement of the product warranty that was in effect at the time I purchased my tractor. I know I am being anal about this. But it irks me that I have to hunt down the effective product warranty description at the time I purchased my tractor. Probably will never be a problem unless you are dealing with New York lawyers. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
Billy

2004-03-24          81036

Look under paragraph B ....

Link:   Limited Warranty For New John Deere Commercial & Consumer Equipment (U

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-24          81038

Billy Passmore - I agree this appears to be the current warranty statement. I guess that I'll have to email John Deere to get the warranty statement that was effective at the time I purchased my tractor (March 2003). The current on-line statement shows an effective date of November 2003 (at bottom of page). Or they need to make a written statement that currently effective warranty descriptions are retroactively applicable to all past John Deere purchases. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-24          81039

I sent a note to the John Deere service website asking for the warranty statement that was in effect at the time I purchased my tractor. If I get it I will let you know what the response is from John Deere. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
Billy

2004-03-24          81040

All I can tell you is it's the same warranty that's in my Operator's Manual. I purchased my tractor on 6-14-02. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-25          81121

ncrunch32, you have me curious so I looked through my paperwork. I received a printed copy of the JD warranty with my invoice. Since I bought only three months after you I'd bet my eye teeth that your warranty is the same 24 months. ....

John Deere CUT Warranty

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-25          81122

Hi Ken, I got a response from John Deere on the warranty. Yep - like yours it was 24 months at time of purchase. She will fax me a copy. Thanks all for putting up with my obsessive nature.

Response from JD follows ----------------------------------
Dear Mr. Caruso:

Thank you for contacting our Web site. I am unable to email you the warranty statement but would be happy to fax it to you if you like. I checked the two statements and nothing changed with regards to the compact utility tractors. The new statement was updated to include the 100 series and the new UATV's. Your dealer also might have a copy of the previous statement he could give you.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login