Go Bottom Go Bottom

JOHN DEERE 48 BACKHOE PRICE QUOTE

View my Photos
reich4300
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-25          77933

I got a price to install a 48 hoe on a 4300. The package includes 18" bucket , powerbeyond kit, Installation and pick-up and drop-off for $ 7480.00 tax not included.
Is that in the right price range ????????????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-25          77942

Sounds about right. My dealer gave me a ballpark price of $6500 for the 47 and $7500 for the 48 backhoe, installed. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-26          77944

Sounds HIGH! When you are ready sit down and deal.

Different parts of the country and how the customer base is affects I am sure.

I bought my 48 with HD 18" and all the stuff for $6400 but that was early Dec 02.

It might be a little tougher to deal in the spring. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-26          77962

Harvey, did you install it yourself? How hard is it to install? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-26          77965

Harvey, I think you got a killer deal. The best price I've found online on a new 48 hoe is $6700 and that's without the PB stuff or installation. On MachineFinder a dealer in Indiana is selling a two year old used 47 hoe for $5500 and those are $700 less than the 48 hoe when new - no PB or installation there either. Your dealer must really like you. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-02-26          77997

I dealt with 2 JD dealers from the same company at different locations. I was given the bottom line at one and the local dealer installed it with all the PBY stuff, pick up and delivered no charge. The local dealer was 500 higher.

They did have to eat some on the bucket because they only had a 18" hd bucket from a 49 hoe and it is twice the bucket of the regular hd18" for a 48.

Me thinks they still made money, maybe not as much as they would have liked. But to sell their last 48 in Dec here in NYS was a good thing for them, me thinks. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-26          77999

I just emailed my dealer to ask for his bottom line installed quotes for 47 and 48 hoes. Will see what he comes back with. In my experience he is rarely the cheapest but their service and inventory is top notch. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-02-26          78001

I only deal with dealers that are here for farmers and also sell the CUT's. My JD dealer has 5 or 6 locations here in Central NY.

We do have 3 uptown dealers that only have cuts and smaller and their prices are waaaaaaaaay out of line.

I guess cow shit must bother uptown folks and uptown dealers. The uptown dealers are staying in business and been so for quite awhile here, so somebody has to be buying there and I'm pretty sure it's not farmers.

View my Photos
harvey

2004-02-26          78002

Ken when you get your price back if you are not totally pleased with it go and buy a whole box of penciles and a thick pad of paper. Sharpen all the pencils and take them and your pad of paper along with your down payment drop them all on your salesmens desk and get to dickering.

Problem now is spring they have time to wait and you may not...

Good luck Harvey ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-02-26          78006

I paid $5340 according to my finance documents for the 47BH in March 2003 before tax and with promotions. Not sure where the dealer buried all the costs for power beyond, etc. I negotiated a single price for the 4310, 430 loader, 47BH with tax included. I went with Adams in Pughkeepsie NY. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-26          78007

Yeah, you can always do better in a package deal. I should have negotiated the backhoe in with my original purchase. Live and learn I guess. I never thought I'd want to dig as much as I now need to do. Retaining walls, out buildings, trenches for electrical and well, etc. Plus it would be easier to dig out stumps with the backhoe instead of the loader bucket. I make due with the loader but a backhoe would be better. ....

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-02-26          78012

I used to think the price of a 110 TLB was crazy, now I doesn't seem as far out of line when you start loading up a compact trator with options. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-02-26          78013

Actually I was going to skip the backhoe, but my wife recommended I buy it. I have had more use/fun with it than I could have imagined. The 47 has been perfect for anything I have had to do. No need here for a 48. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-26          78015

If the only difference between the 47 and 48 hoes is one foot of digging depth and a little further reach the 47 would work for me as well. Is there any other advantage to going with the 48? I can't see the need for digging anything deeper than 5-6 feet. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-02-26          78018

I have pulled shrubs, planted trees, dug post holes, put in a retaining wall, pulled boulders and stumps with the 47. I haven't had a need for the 48. If you are digging full foundations, graves maybe a 48 would be better. I will say that, realistically, unless I dig a really big hole, it is hard to get down more than 4 feet for a post hole with the 47. But 4 feet is all I need for anything I have had to do.

View my Photos
reich4300

2004-02-27          78070

I live in the same area and I found "Adam's" to be on the high end $ and tough deal with. I got the quote for the 48 hoe from "Keil" in Redhook. What price did for the whole package??/ ....

View my Photos
reich4300

2004-02-27          78072

This was the first sit down with the the dealer , I have not tried to negotiate yet. I bought the Tactor up-State NY from a AG dealer (with help from father in-law/ farmer) but live in the southern NY and the dealers here are tough to deal with. I will try to do better on the price.............. ....

View my Photos
reich4300

2004-02-27          78073

What is the name of your dealer .. I am in Poughkeepsie NY area . 1.5 hrs south of Albany........... ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-28          78168

I received price quotes from my dealer, Fisher Implement in Hillsboro Oregon, on both 47 and 48 hoes. It sounds like the 48 hoe may not be the best choice for a 4310. What follows is from the dealer:

Here are the prices for the backhoes for your 4310 tractor and you are right you need a power beyond kit for a backhoe. Deere 47 Backhoe with a 13" bucket power beyond, installed with pick-up and delivery of your tractor is $6795.00. Deere 48 Backhoe with 12" bucket, power beyond, installed with pick-up and delivery of your tractor is $7725.00. The model 47 backhoe is designed specifically for the 4210 through the 4410 tractors and the 48 backhoe is made for the 4510 through the 4710 tractors and now with modifications for the 5020 Series tractors. The frame for the 48 model is modified to work on the 4210 through 4410 tractors, however, we have experienced problems with the rear rims of those models when using the model 48 in years past. The extra weight and torque of the 48 will cause the bolts to wallow out the rim holes and cause metal fatique on the rims around the bolt holes. Fisher came up with a fix for this problem, we weld a steel rim around the bolt hole area, re-drill the bolt holes and re-mount. This has been working over the past 2-3 years but causes the cost of the 48 model for your tractor to be a little more expensive. ....

View my Photos
Oly_Mark

2004-03-06          79041

kwschumm,

We are using the same JD dealer. I am also thinking about getting a BH for my 4310. Maybe we can get a better price on a couple of them. Do you know anyone that can put a removeable blade on my 4 in 1 bucket. Mark ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-06          79042

Oly_Mark, I ordered the backhoe yesterday! Dang, maybe we could have saved some by ordering together. Sorry, not sure who could put a removable blade on your 4-in-1. Did you ask Fisher? When I got my HD bucket I ordered the bolt-on cutting edge and I thought that they drilled the bucket and installed the edge at the dealer. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-06          79043

Another thought, I'd bet if you bought a bolt-on blade I'd bet any welding shop could drill and bolt it on for you. ....

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-06          79046

How long of wait is there on your backhoe? Sure would be nice to have. ....

View my Photos
Oly_Mark

2004-03-06          79048

On the 4 in 1 they say JD won't warranty the bucket if it is drilled etc. However, what long term choice do I have other than to have a removeable blade. I don't want to keep replacing the top half of the bucket. I'm thinking of getting another heavy duty bucket for general use.

I think you gave me some advice about a year ago that was correct. Make sure you have a good JD dealer, price is not everything. Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-06          79050

CraigC, the backhoe should be in next week. They have one in stock at another store and are bringing it in. Not sure when the installation will happen, though, since they have a lot of green tractors going out the door.

Oly_Mark, I'm not sure but it seems that there wouldn't be much warranty coverage for the kind of damage that would bend or break a bucket or bucket edge. I've learned that if you're not a welder it is very useful to make friends with a local welder. H&K Welding in Banks is good but he is backed up about 30-45 days. I need to take some welding classes. ....

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-06          79057

Good luck with the hoe, it would be a lot of fun. I have some fence rows that could sure use a hoe. Not that I am in the position to buy anything else right now but rather than buy a hoe for the 4310 my dream would be either a used combination or a mini excavator. Seems like a hoe could do a lot of damage to a compact tractor, but can't have it all. ....

View my Photos
Oly_Mark

2004-03-06          79059

kwschumm, Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will take the classes, it sounds like fun and very useful. ....

View my Photos
kadorken

2004-03-07          79091

In your quote for the backhoe, did they separate the different parts required (power beyond, bucket, stabilizer protectors, predelivery workorders etc) ?

I am curious what other predelivery work has to be done on the backhoe beyond installing the power beyond connection.

Be interested in what 'work' the dealer does on the tractor for backhoe installation when you get it.

Thanks, Keith ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-03-07          79094

I was just at local JD dealer getting test drive paperwork filled out. So for shits and giggles I asked about price for 48 BH. They are still less than $7000 picked up, mounted, delivered, COMPLETE.

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-03-07          79097

Keith, I've had a #48 hoe on a 4300 for several years then switched it to a 4310. Installing the power beyond kit is a minor detail, the real work involved is the subframe that stays on the tractor when the hoe is off. It takes an experienced JD tech. the better part of the day for the subrame alone. I'm sure you could install it yourself, but it's not a "Piece of Cake" type job. Rear wheels come off, etc., etc., etc,. Keep smileing, Frank. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-07          79110

There was no price breakdown, just $6795 for a 47 backhoe installed including PB, pickup, and delivery. Our JD dealer is excellent at sales and service, and they carry a huge inventory of equipment and parts, but they don't always give the best prices.

Harvey, your dealer is giving some great prices. They must have some good competition. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-07          79119

Ken: Did I tell you my 4115/46BH package came from Fisher Implement in Gresham? I think they peel 10 percent off list as their prices and certainly made the trip worthwhile in terms of savings. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-07          79122

I'm going through Fisher Implement in Hillsboro. The sales guy told me the price would be the same at any Fisher, but I'm not sure how true that is. midlawns dot com on the web advertises discount prices on JD equipment and they list the 47 backhoe at $6080, but by the time you shell out a couple hundred for PB and another few hundred for shipping the discount wasn't so good. There was a place in Florida that had a used 47 backhoe for $5500 plus shipping but that wasn't enough of a savings for me to buy a used hoe site unseen. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-07          79125

I have been to the Hillsboro store too. They all read the same price sheet. They offered to ship my tractor to their furthest south store to save me a little drive time. Decent folks there. ....

View my Photos
kadorken

2004-03-07          79138

Frank, thats exactly what I wanted to know!

I just put the power beyond in myself (finished today), and it wasn't that difficult.

I was curious as to
what other work was required for the backhoe since the price quote included about $700 in labor for predelivery workorders (including the power beyond) and you have answered that question.

View my Photos
reich4300

2004-03-08          79213

Havey, Is that price quote with a power beyond kit also. Where is yur dealer located in New York.

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-10          79478

Reich4300, I went to both Adams and Keil for JD. I didn't think either dealer was easy to work with. I just wanted a price from Keil and they wanted to send me all over NY to look at used tractors because that's what they decided was best for me. They wouldn't just give me a price. So I went to Adams - they didn't budge much on price but gave me what I wanted. Plus Adams has a great reputation for service.

However, I have been paying attention to what's been said on this site. I think its true that you might want to buy a tractor from a place that caters to farmers - like Pine Plains Tractor (New Holland). Adams sells lawnmowers and moved up to compact tractors. ....

View my Photos
reich4300

2004-03-10          79519

Ncrunch32, I've found the same thing with both dealers too , but Keil will give me the low prices on spare parts than Adams . Adams will not deal with because I purchased the tractor from a upstate dealer (father in-law farm,JD dealer). And Adams is only 10 mins away from my house, so I drive Red Hook for parts ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2004-03-12          79629

Reich4300, I will have to keep that in mind about parts being cheaper at Keil. Whenever I get a price on attachments from Adams, they quote me the price from a book. No discount, no discussion. When I bought the tractor there they told me I would get extra special treatment when I came in for parts/service. But I don't get the sense they even remember me when I walk in there.

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-18          80330

Kadorken asked about what work is required to install a backhoe. My 4310 was returned today with a 47 backhoe installed. The manual shows installation instructions for 46/47/48 hoes. The installation is fairly straightforward for somebody that is detail oriented. You have to remove the rear tires and set them to the widest position, and also either remove or drill access holes in the rear fenders. There are a lot of details involved and you need to read the fine print carefully but all the info seems to be there. It would probably take an inexperienced guy a good solid day to do the job. It would be real easy to pinch or lose a finger doing this job so if you take it on be very careful. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2004-03-18          80333

reich4300 That was the whole "kit-and-kabootle" picked up and Delivered.

Cazenovia equipment. I dealt with Brad. I deal with them in Cortland but Cortland is not quite as bending as Cazenovia.

Ken Art is only a little part the Caz store going east and he, (Art) has a couple 3 more stores west and north.

See link ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
JimP

2004-04-14          83083

ncrunch32 - can you e-mail me? I also work for Big Blue in Poughkeepsie and trying to help a fellow co-worker size/buy a JD 4210/4310 from Adams Power Equipment. We would be interested in hearing your experiences in dealing with them. ....

View my Photos
jjfinn

2004-04-22          84021

ncrunch32

Wondering if you had considered the JD 4110 with the 46 BH and the 410 FEL. Seems that your configuration is just a tad bit bigger than what I am looking at. Would you be willing to let me know the full package price for yours?

I am in Virginia and have a good JD dealer nearby.

Thanks
jjfinn ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login