Go Bottom Go Bottom

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
CraigC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-21          77486

Just ordered my new 4310 this morning. 4wd, ehydro,folding rops, large R4 tires, imatch, smoke stack, dscv and rear remote mid pto, 430 loader with 73" heavy duty bucket and 72" mmm. I'm excited!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-21          77488

When is "the baby" due? ;o) ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-02-21          77490

Dealer said Deere says "immediate availability" so I should have it in 2 or 3 weeks. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-21          77492

Congratulations on a very nice tractor and set up. I am sure you will love it. It is nearly identical to mine. I am VERY happy and satisfied with mine. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77494

I would suggest you see if you can still negotiate a package price for some goodies like engine block heater, transmission oil heater, front & rear facing work lights, seat arm rest kit, rear wheel weights, and rental upgrade kit. My rear tires are filled with rim saver but I still need substantial amount of rear ballast weight with the FEL. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-02-21          77496

Thanks for the advice Chief, I see you also have a mmm, is the added wheight in the tires rough on the grass? I didn't opt for the ballest box, I would rather just use a box scraper or rear blade for counter weight. How do you like the arm rest ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-21          77497

Congratulations, CraigC! Be sure to post some pics. Do you have a place to store it indoors? If not you'll have to move the Ferrari out of the garage LOL

My rear tires are loaded with calcium, and between that and the box blade I feel there is plenty of ballast for FEL operations.

One suggestion - when you get it crawl under the tractor and take a look at the wiring. Some dealers don't seem to get the wiring tucked up out of the way and if it hangs down it can get snagged and broken. Easy to fix with nylon zip-ties. Mine didn't have that problem but a couple of guys have reported it as a problem in the last year or so. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77498

The added weight is not a problem for the grass. During the winter went the soil is wet and muddy, it tends to leave some tracks but they disappear after a day or so. Did you get the large or small R-4's? I have the large R-4's and they seem to distribute the weight pretty evenly and are a good compromise between the turf and ag tires. The armrest kit is real nice! I installed mine a bit higher up than the instruction called for so they would support me better. Was not a difficult project to do at all. The block heater is a pain in the butt due to hydraulic lines and starter in the way. Best to have the dealer install it. I did mine and it was not that bad but still a PITA. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-02-21          77499

Sounds like the skid plates would be a good idea also, they sure make a lot of cool toys to add on! ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77500

If you look in this section, you will find a thread I posted on the arm rest kit and the other kits I mentioned as well. Might give you a little more info. and insight on them. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77501

I skid logs with my tractor and that is where I was intending to mean you might need that added rear ballast. It does alright with the filled rear tires as long as I don't go overboard with the FEL tasks and weight. The best indication I have gotten for needing more weight was when I tried backing up a slight incline. The rear tires slipped and I had to engage the MFWD. Don't let these tires slip on your grass, they will leave a huge divot. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77502

They are indeed some nice add ons but some of them can be a bit pricey, like the rental upgrade kit. $305. You should be able to get it for around $229 installed since you are buying a new tractor. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-02-21          77503

Thanks again guys, I did go with the large R4s, mainly for ground clearance with the mower deck. I thought about going with a 3pt finish mowewr instead of the mmm, but I didn't like the idea of looking back all the time and not being able to trim as easy. ....

Ordered my new 4310

View my Photos
Chief

2004-02-21          77505

Believe it or not. Deere makes a rear view mirror kit too! LOL! It mounts to the hand grips on the rear fenders. You can keep an eye on the RFM that way. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login