Go Bottom Go Bottom

Protecting hydraulic hoses

View my Photos
Mike Robinson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-07-30          6451

I've had my 4300 hydro for a while now, have about 20 hours on it and have been very satisfied with it. The loader is very strong and easy to use with the hydro. Only problem I have is that when I make a right turn the right front wheel rubs/grabs the loader hydraulic hoses. I'm afraid it will eventually rub a hole or even tear the hose loose. My dealer gave me some rubber hose protectors that wrap around the hose and are secure with ties, but the wheel hits that and just knocks it up out of the way. Anybody have any suggestions? ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Mike Robinson

1999-07-30          6452

I've had my 4300 hydro for a while now, have about 20 hours on it and have been very satisfied with it. The loader is very strong and easy to use with the hydro. Only problem I have is that when I make a right turn the right front wheel rubs/grabs the loader hydraulic hoses. I'm afraid it will eventually rub a hole or even tear the hose loose. My dealer gave me some rubber hose protectors that wrap around the hose and are secure with ties, but the wheel hits that and just knocks it up out of the way. Anybody have any suggestions?

View my Photos
Paul

1999-07-31          6465

My 4400 had the same problems. My loader hydraulic hoses on have 90' fittings. Normally one would install these so that the 90's went towards the ground, but then there is a long loop that gets hung up on the tires. I solved the hang up by installing the 90's pointing up. I had to reattach the hoses on the loader but this has cured this problem. ....

View my Photos
Shawn in OK

1999-07-31          6474

Paul,I have the same problem w/ my 4200. What exactly to you mean by "reattaching the hoses to the loader"? ....

View my Photos
Paul

1999-08-01          6488

Normally the hose ends with the 90' fitting are attach downward then the hoses hang down and loop forward toward the wheels. When installing the 90's so the hoses rise upwards there is alot of extra hose so you will need to cable tie these hoses off to remove some of the slack. Once cable tied on you should not have to make any changes. Good luck, hope this helps.Paul ....

View my Photos
Stanley

1999-08-01          6490

Suggestion: I would not cable tie directly to the hoses. I've seen hoses cable tied that were damaged by the cable tiesdue to vibration. What works really good is to take a piece of old hose, garden hose, split electrical spiral wrap, etc., first placing the old hose over the hydraulic line and then attaching the cable tie. ....

View my Photos
diggerdarol

1999-08-02          6525

My yanmar excavator has wire around the hoses (like a coil spring) in locations where they are most vulnerable to damage. It makes them pretty tough. ....

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-08-02          6544

I have a Kubota 2710. The hydraulic hoses aren't close to the tires, but there is a loop of hoses that sort of sticks up in the air on the right side - top of the loader. I have been somewhat concerned about thorns from low limbs catching the hoses while mowing, but there is a black canvas like cover wrapped around the bundle, and it seems to be pretty durable. So far no sticks. Maybe this is something that you can pick up to wrap around your hoses. ....

View my Photos
Shawn in OK

1999-08-03          6558

Paul,Tried putting the 90 degree fittings up yesterday afternoon. As a matter of fact, this is the direction they were in when I first bought the tractor. In this position, the hoses work their way over to the right and rub on the TOP of the tire. I guess this is why the extra ties are required. The 420 manual states that only the 870 tractor should use the 90 degree fittings. The picture is the manual shows straight fittings. It seems to me, if the 90's were removed that straight fittings would work MUCH better. ....

View my Photos
Michael Spurgeon

1999-08-06          6676

My 4400 came with the 90 degree fittings pointing up. At first I thought this to be inconvenient since a straight in approach would have made connecting them a little easier, but after reading about the tires hitting the hoses, I guess my dealer took care of the problem before it was a problem and I can lose the idea of a straight in approach.Mike ....

View my Photos
Lee Anderson

1999-08-06          6692

I have a 4200 and the 90's were pointed down. I did exactly like someone else mentioned and turned the 90's up and took out the slack by reconnecting the cables to the loader and it has worked great since. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login