Go Bottom Go Bottom

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-13          63782

A couple things:

Does $12,200 seem to be a good price for an x595 with: 54" mower, 3 point hitch, 45 loader? It seems so but I have compared only 2 dealers thus far. I could drop to a lower cost model, but this seems to be a great deal. Any confirmation?

I would like to rent a 48" box scraper if I buy it, but only will use for about a week or so. What are the limits on using one with this tractor for weight, lift height, etc with the x595? What brands and models will work with this tractor, other than the one sold through Deere?

Appreciate the input and help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-14          63818

I'd be looking at a BX from Kubota. That is the largest seller in the size range that you are looking at. The BX started the sub-compact revolution and now most manufacturers have gotten in to it. The BX is the smallest of the subs and fits right into most spots of a garden tractor but with big tractor performance and garden tractor price. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-14          63840

I have found that the Deere X series is usually more expensive than a 2210 or a 4010 by the time you add all the options to make them equal.

The only possible reason I could see for ordering a X series tractor would be that if for some reason you wanted a gasoline engine instead of a diesel.

Price it out against JD 2210 and 4010, and against the Kubota BX and Massey Ferguson subs if you can find them in your area. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-14          63845

I looked at the X595 quite a bit. Its a nice machine but the 2210 With FEL is about $11,750 before tax. A lot more machine for the money unless 90 plus percent of what you are going to use it for is mowing. I believe the price you listed is consistant with what I was seeing. If I remember right the 3pth and rear PTO option was 1k. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-14          63863

Thank you all for the input so far. I looked extensively at the BX1500 Kubota and was to about $10,200 + tax for the loader, 48" mower, and ballast box (just missed an awesome E-bay deal at $8,900 with same attachments and only 12 hrs). In my late teens I did a lot of mowing for another company and they first had a Kubota, then switched to the Deere which I liked much better. I could never get used to the Kubota foot pedal for I always felt fatigued in the right leg during/after using it. That's one of the biggest things I like about the Deere by far is the way the foot operation is set up.

Really, for me I'm looking for a tractor to help me get through the landscaping period on a new home. I'd like to be able to move some dirt around for landscaping and making some planting beds, and then hauling mulch wherever and whenever I want. The box scraper I will rent and I will use for about 3-5 days at most. After that I don't anticipate a huge need for any rear attachments unless we plant a veggie garden. After landscaping is in I'll use the tractor about 90%+ for mowing and will probably use the loader minimally, or even sell that attachment and get a snow blower.

I couldn't get over going with anything with standard ROPS because I'm in a residential area for the most part....just looked little too "Binford" for me.

So, knowing after explaining above....am I nuts? Maybe I should listen to my wife and rent a 4210 or something to do that work, then buy a GX345 for the mowing. I figured that if I went to the 595 I'd have it for life unless we moved to a larger piece of property. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-15          63887

I don't know that you might not be in your early twenties but you should try them. Manufacturers change designs of machines all the time. Some for the betterment of the equipment, some for the operator, and some because they can build it cheaper. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-15          63889

Based on your needs and wanting a JD I do think you are looking at the right series. The 3ph and rear PTO will come in handy for many future projects that you are not now anticipateing. :) You might consider stepping down a few models to like the X485 to get to a gas engine. I would want a model that is fuel injected and does not have a carbureator. I think the X485 is the first model set up that way but I am not positive on that. This will keep you under the 10k mark and should handle all your needs just fine especially considering your future use is primarily mowing. Again the X series is a great machine and certainly should more than handle your needs. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-15          63903

I'll bet five bucks that once you get a tractor with a FEL that you will find enough uses for it (the FEL) to keep it.

If you have no need for a FEL, then you will not need a garden cart or a wheelbarrow or a wagon around the house either. It is not just a dirt scoop. It is a motorized wheelbarrow.

Don't sell yourself short on this aspect.

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-15          63922

I will certainly echo Marks sentiment on the FEL. When I bought the 2210 my anticipated primary need was tilling. I would guess now I till less than 10% of my useage. I did just not want to kick out the $$$$ for the FEL. Now I guess I use the FEL over 80% of my use. In fact I use it so much I am planning on getting rid of the 2210 for a 4115. I did all of my land scapeing myself. Unfortuneately it was with a wheel barrow. I had to add 30 yards of top soil to one side of the house alone. That was a Lot of butt bustin work and it makes laugh to look back and think if I had just had the tractor ! LOL. In my neghborhood the average home has a lot of $$$ invested in landscapeing. I know I could have saved enough $ to pay for the entire tractor on that project alone over the cost of paying some one else to do it. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-18          64281

Certainly am leaning to getting, and keeping, the FEL for awhile.

Do any of you know the limits on the 3 point hitch? I keep hearing "limited category 1". What is the limit? Weight, spread, or height on the 3 point? I'm assuming it is probably all. Does anybody know what they are for each? My main concern is being able to rent and use a 48 - 60" box scraper with scarification tines. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-18          64282

Certainly am leaning to getting, and keeping, the FEL for awhile.

Do any of you know the limits on the 3 point hitch? I keep hearing "limited category 1". What is the limit? Weight, spread, or height on the 3 point? I'm assuming it is probably all. Does anybody know what they are for each? My main concern is being able to rent and use a 48 - 60" box scraper with scarification tines. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-18          64286

Weight and height yes, you can get the specs off the JD web site. Speed is really moot. A 60" is out of the question and you should be able to handle a 48" but that will depend on the model and weight of the unit. Its not really made for HD work like box gradeing, more for light tilling etc, remember your X series doesn't weigh to much and that Binford ROPS is to protect your melon when you flip it useing the big stuff. lol. just kidding but rental items tend to be really HD so I think a very light 48" Box grader might do for LIGHT work. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-18          64288

I expected that a 48" would be about it for this tractor. I only need to rent one for a day or two just enough to do some light work - break up and "move" and smooth out some non compacted fill dirt that has been rained on for a few months is all.

I couldn't find the weight limit on the JD website. I went to the x595 page, and then "specs". Should I be looking in the downloadable manual instead?

Thanks
Ben ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-18          64293

UH-OH. I have it right in front of me.

It says: "Not recommended for any attachment that weighs more than 450 pounds and is positioned more than 12 inches behind the mounting points."

I think that would exclude my Gearmore 48 in box scraper. But it would allow some of the lighter duty 300+ pounders. The big question is can you rent one of those?

I can fax you the page if you like. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-19          64304

To give you an idea just how much that varyies model to model I have a 2210. The limited category 1 3pth is rated 701 # 24" behind the link arms. Total lift height is 9.76 ". The lift height on the X series is probably less if the rear tires are smaller but I dont know that for a fact. The only reason I can see to choose a X series over a 2210 is if you are primarily mowing and want to bag Vs Mulch. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-19          64319

I hear what you guys are saying and I can see to a point. The way I see it; if you need a tractor, buy a good tractor that meets or somewhat exceeds your anticipated needs as you will find more uses for it as you grow more experienced with it.

If you need a mower; buy a good mower. Trying to buy a machine that supposedly "has it all" wrapped up in one package is rarely a scenario that turns out well. It could leave you with a machine that you are not happy with, does not meet your needs, and carrys little market appeal in the event you tried to sell it.

I went this route. I could have gotten by with MUCH less tractor but got a VERY good deal on the 4410 (certainly not suggesting you buy a 4410) so much so that I can at least break even if not make a little if I chose to sell it. In your case, perhaps a 4110 or similar size tractor would meet this need. They are MUCH more suited to and designed for the uses you indicate.

I bought a F525 for my grass cutting needs around the house. $1800 used. I could sell it for at least that or a little less worst case. It does a fine job and both of these machines have at least reasonable market appeal in the event I choose to sell later.

The X595 is not that much smaller than the 4110 so if the X595 with a 54" mower meets your needs; then a 4110 with a 60" mowere will surely do the same. The 4110 will definitely accomodate within reason any impliment you choose to use on it, adding that much more value to you in usage. Should decide later down the road that the 4110 is too much for you (I doubt this will be the case); this is a VERY popular machine with a multitude of uses.

I feel the X595 especially with a gas engine is aimed at a very narrow market segment and you would find it difficult to sell. I asked my buddy who sells John Deere why they would market a machine like the X595 when they already have the 4000 Ten Series? He told me that is was aimed at residental home owners who want some ability to use very light duty 3 pt. impliments. More or less a pumped up lawn mower. It was more or less the follow on to the 455. How many of them have you seen lately. Most of his customers with these tractors are trading them in for ZTR mowers which can cut circles around any tractor cutting lawn grass.

Just wanted to give you the flip side of the coin. The X595 may be right for you and make you very happy. Just consider all the factors.

The best advice I can give you is to go and demo these machines reguardless of color and see how they perform to your anticipated needs and requirements. You might even want to try renting one first and put some hours on it doing the work you plan. Then make your best deal on the machine you like best. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-23          64640

Back to the box scraper question. I found a place local place that will rent the Landpride BB1554. It's a 54" and weighs 330 lbs.

http://www.landpride.com/lp/products/bb15_specs.html

Do you think this would work according to the specs that Mark listed?

I looked into the x485 and I'm not saving much according to the dealer I've been working with (~$800) because he's giving a good price on the 595. So, for now if I'm in the X series, I'll stick with the 595. Figured at this price getting the diesel and 4WD for ($800) isn't bad. Also, my driveway is kind of steep as well so if go with a snowblower the 4WD will be nice.

I don't have a lot of acreage and will mostly mow and remove snow (after get past the landscaping portion of things). I didn't want to get into a full blown compact tractor for longer term ownership. This is why the x595 (plus getting a decent price on it with the loader, 3 pt, and 54" deck).

Again, appreciate ALL of the input guys. It's great help. I haven't been a "farmboy" for about 15 years. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-23          64648

Yes I would think that would work fine. Its well within the factory specs. We all push the envelope of those limits from time to time. If you just need to do occasional projects the X series should work nicely for you. For $800 I would buy the diesel. The one thing I would want to know on the box grader rental is if the rental store will deliver and pick up. If so I would pay for that service. Thats a LOT of weight to lift. If you plan on moveing it with the X series it could be difficult getting it on/off the trailer due to the lift height and angle. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-23          64651

Just a thought. The local JD dealers say that the X series are comparable with the BX Kubota's. Did you ever look at them. They do price comparable and they are for the believe it or not comparable size! The BX is a smaller unit then the 2210's in most all dimensions but they give you the ability to use bigger attachments. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-09-23          64682

It sounds like he is just not listening, hate to say it. He can get a much more capable machine for almost the same money. The X series are real good, they just arent a Bx or 2210, 4000 series that fall in the same price range.
Box blades arent expensive to begin with, so renting may amount to 50% or more of a new unit.
There is no such thing as "Too big of a tracor" in the tractor world...besides its cool as hell with a ROPS, a straw hat, and a beer !!

Chief,
Have you seen recently a x595 , 2210, 4110, 4115 side by side ? (this isnt a knock against you at all) You will notice the jump in size from machine to machine and its significant even between the 4110 and 4115 - at least thats what i thought when I saw them yesterday at my dealer :) ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2003-09-23          64686

I'm running a x595. Good machine at premium+++ price. The price you quote with the extras is good for what you're desribing, almost too good. The unit retail is around $13K, the 3ph is $500-700 with dealer installation labor, and the 45 fel is $2800 or so. They have to be quoting a used unit at that $12.2K.
Don't bother with the rear pto -- super expensive to install, and nearly zilch attachments to use (a cultivator, and then ???).
I use the 3ph for an aerator, a few other smallish imp's. Most attachments from JD are special, light duty versions of the standards (box scraper, blade, etc)
Your questions about capacity, etc, can all be found in JD's literature.
jim ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-24          64711

Ducati996, No didn't take what you said negatively in the least. Good input is good input. I have seen them and I see what you are saying but when the dealer got in the X595, it just did not seem like much more than a primary mowing tractor that a small loader and some impliments can be added to. This is not to say that it is a bad machine. For some, this may be just what they want. Maybe I am just partial to the 4000 Ten Series as they seem to offer and do a whole lot more for around the same price in the 4010/4110 range. I guess it all bottom lines as to what the intended use is going to be and individual preference. Jim on Timberridge pretty much sums up my impression. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-24          64718

Since I started this post, I'll still chime in occasionally. I like the POV from all of you. What you're all mentioning actually mimics the thought process that I've gone through with this decision. Originally I looked at the 2210 and BX2200. I was going with the 2210, was going to do my landscape work, and mow a bit...then sell if I thought it was too big. I then started to think, "what about going smaller and just keeping it after I'm done"? I was then all over the BX1500 Kubota. I went to the closest large Kubota dealership and took the BX2200 back behind their building, and played awhile with the loader in the dirt (they didn't have a loader on the BX1500). I did like the action on the machines. The loader was quick, and the BX2200 was quite powerful. The only thing I don't like about the Kubotas is the HS drive foot pedal. At that time I decided I was going to do the BX1500 anyway - with FEL and 48" mower, but still was hesitant about the horsepower since I couldn't demo it with the loader. I've always like the ergonomics of the Deere better.

Then, my father called me. The local Deere dealership in his area (he buys from regularly with his work) told him about this x595 machine and the price they would sell it for. It is a new machine! For the price (incl. delivery), I figured I couldn't turn it down. I figured that since down the road I would be mostly mowing and blowing snow this tractor would do most of what I wanted anyway.(I would still keep the FEL for awhile anyway). I haven't purchased the machine yet and it's on hold for me. Some of this discussion has caused me to waffle on it a bit - back to the BX1500. But, other than 3 point hitch lift capacity, I don't see much difference between the two....other than the extra $$, and "handy bells & whistles features" for a Deere. I'm sure I'm missing something beneath the hood (perhaps frame durability?).

Also, my wife and I don't really want to have a permanent ROPS in our residential area. The Deere only has it when the FEL is attached.

I may have an ulcer before I get this decision made...ha ha. The wife says get the Deere because she also likes drive pedals better...and she just wants me to make a final freaking decision. LOL ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-24          64719

I went through this same thing. Idont agree at all with the biger is better guys just because it never ends. When I was looking at 4010 I was told to look at a 4210, when I was looking at a 4210 I was told to look at a 4410. Finally I just gave up for several months. I have 160 acres and bought a 2210. Dont let anyone tell you a smaller machine wont get the work done. The only difference is it takes a little more time. The X is going to do all you ask of it and then some. I have even seen some say buy a 4410 just for a belly mower on a few acres. Not my first pick. I understand what some think about the rear PTO on the X but I guess thats just a matter of opinion. You can always add one later. No biggie. But for the price you have been given I wouldn't let it pass. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-09-24          64723

Hi Chief,
I'm glad you are not upset with me !! I'm biased as well because I have a 4100 gear. Tickled pink with it, but even the 4115 looks and is bigger when side by side.

I think its a shame that people do not realize what they can buy once they reach a certain price point. X595 is an overpriced garden tractor that costs as much as a CUT.
I'm all about purchasing power, and getting the best you can with the money spent. Its just that simple..
To exclude a machine(Deere or Kubota) from consideration when the price is almost the same and is WAY more capable because of a ROPS (its there for your safty-plus it folds these days) is foolish to say the least.
Again its their money, and they are free to spend it they see fit...

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-24          64729

I dont honestly see how you can call that foolish. This seems to be just the begginning of another heated debate so I will bow out after this. I think its takes a BIG statement to tell another guy he is foolish or what he has or may purchase is foolish especially when only he knows what his needs are. A new Tahoe loaded is well over 40k and yet a 2500HD with a duramax is just about the same. Doesn't really do much good if you dont need a HD truck or your wife cant park it. The X series is deseigned for a very specefic user with the emphisis on mowing. If it were in fact such a poor value it would no longer be made as no one would buy it. Others may view a new gear tractor a poor value especially one as expensive as the 4110. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Ducati996

2003-09-24          64738

Misenplace ,

Its an honest assesment that should be mentioned so when that person makes a decision they at least are aware of their choices available to them. No sugar coating here,
sorry. Its not ment to start a debate because I'm not slamming one(s) machine. Its an effort to open one(s) eye and be subjective, then make a informed decision. I'm sure some will be upset, thats the risk one takes.
You compare two totally different machines, where this guy
wants CUT capability with a Garden tractor machine with a high price tag. Its a damn good machine regardless, but I'm sure they(JD) will re-evaluate its marketing position soon enough. I've spent time talking to dealers about this topic
and their sales numbers. Either they start heavily discounting them, or excess slow moving inventory would be the result.
There is a reason as to why most on this topic suggested to look at other models based on the application. I'm just a little more direct as to why... ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-24          64745

Guys,

I personally feel I'm in the right area for my needs. The BX1500 or the x595. The others are too big (or "appear" that way for a residential area in my opinion). If I weren't getting a good price on the X595, I would compare an x485 with a BX1500 and then I'd probably get the BX. However, the X garden tractors (when in 2WD) have a much nicer turning radius for mowing versus any of the other tractors listed.

Don't get me wrong, I know what the ROPS is for. As far as I know, the BX1500/2200 or the JD2210 do not have folding ROPS unless I have my buddy at the machine shop turn it into a folding one.

Do I like the Kubota pricing? He_ _ yeah baby. Is it worth paying $2k+ more for no ROPS and better pedal ergo in my opinion??? The practical person in me says "no", but if my wife likes it good enough to mow when I'm traveling, and I decide to keep it for a long time....then maybe.

Either way, this whole debate started for me when I was offered this purchase price on the x595 with the FEL and 3pt hitch. Prior to that I had walked from the JD2210 and BX2200 due to size, and knew that the x595 was overpriced. Had this great price not come along, I'd probably be driving the BX1500 by now and learning to love it. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-24          64749

bnshiffl,

You are after all the one who ultimately has to live with the machine of your decision. In a residential area you made some good points. Just wanted to give you the flip side of the coin as I said before.

Sounds to me like you may be a buyer this tractor is tailored for. What is important is that it does the tasks you put it to and are satisfied with it. Especially if the wife is going to be using it; sounds to me like it may well be the right choice for you. I know my wife is still intimidated by the 4410. I keep asking her to let me get her on it and learn how to operate it but no taking up the offers yet. ;-)

Be forwarned...... if the wife really likes this tractor, you may never get to ride it except when it comes time to change the oil and do maintenance. ;-) Just kiddin'. If you have already demo'd all the potential candidates and you and the wife like the X595; I say go for it. As much thought as you have given this issue, I am reasonably certain you and wife will be very happy with this machine.

In my case I went with the 4410 because I live on 26 acres and use it for many tasks and the near future, may well end up back home on the family farm managing its up keep and this size tractor met my needs. Definitely NOT a residential choice.

Make sure the salesman gives you the hat of choice, coffee mug, and calender. A few pens would be nice too! ;-) ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-24          64752

Thanks Chief, and everyone else. The 595 pot was sweetened at $11,900 just about 10 minutes ago - includes a rebate for the attachment. I think I'm poised to pounce. Not sure at that price how many hats I can get though...may need to get some weights. Hmmmmmm ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-24          64754

Was partially kidding about the hats and other goodies. You may want to see if you can get spare belts, filters, oil, etc. along with the weights if you think you might need them. You will then have all the stuff on hand for your first major and most important service. Getting it all financed together helps the dealer move stock and you get a good price on stuff you will definitely use in the future. Bet they would at least throw in a hat with that. Anyhow, good luck and post some pics for us when you get it home. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-09-24          64755

You're probably making the right choice. After all, you asked questions, solicited advice, looked at all your options, and talked it over with your wife - the rest is up to you. Often prospective buyers lend their own gut instinct too little credence when making a purchase.

Good Luck, and be sure to post pictures! ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-24          64757

Thats probably one of the best prices I have ever seen posted on that model. If I could get my wife to mow the lawn I would have gone for an X series instead of the 2210. When we get to the woods the first thing she does is try to take off on MY tractor. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-09-24          64759

We drove it around in the parking lot and she was tentative at first, but really surprised how easy it was. I'm sure it'll change. Besides, she is helping me pay for it so she should have the "luxury" of helping do some work in as easy manner as possible.

Thanks again. I was told probably can't get it till early next week. If we have it by then, I'll post a photos or two. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-09-24          64761

They make a nice PTO generator for that one if you ever need one in the future. You would need to add the PTO but its just a dealer bolt on kit. I know a lot of guys find the cultivator/tiller very usefull for landscapeing. I use mine sometiomes to loosen the soil before I move it with the FEL. The first time you use the loader you are going to be a happy camper err uh I mean hard at work. :) Enjoy. Dave ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2003-10-07          65733

Stay away from the X595 a 2210 with the same options will be almost the same or even cheaper. The 2210 has the power you need, a friend of mine runs several JD 455 in the mowing business. He just bought a X595 for really steep hills that he cuts. The 4x4 is great, but other than that is isn't good for anything else. He is going to trade is back in for a JD 4110. Spend a little more and you get more that what you need. I have a JD 955 w/loader and mower and it was worth all the money and i bought it used for $8500 ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-10-07          65756

I already have the x595. Took delivery on 10/1. I have put on 18 hours so far. I'm pretty darn happy with it so far. The FEL isn't the fastest, but it certainly beats a shovel. I've dug out clay for planting beds with the FEL. I've filled them with black dirt. I've built 5 landscaping mounds/burms so far with it. For the jobs that I had to do so far, I'm happy. I have not mowed with it yet. It certainly is large for a pure mowing machine. But, if I did not have the 4x4, I don't think the FEL would have been effective.

I didn't want to go full blown compact tractor with permanent ROPS and such (was close to the 2210, and BX kubotas). For my future needs after grass, I'm mowing, moving mulch 1-2 times per year, bushes, snow blowing, and maybe tilling occasionally (but not likely). I did have to add a ballast box, but with the 3pt hitch it was no problem.

The 595 may be large for a pure mowing machine. If I find that out over the next few years I'll sell it. But, I believe the turning radius on the x595 beats the 2210 hands down...unless I missed something in the specs...so it will probaby be a better residential mowing machine than the larger tractors....?? ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-07          65757

The important thing is; are you satisfied with it and does it meet your needs and expectations? Sounds to me like a resounding yes on both, so congratulations on the new piece of iron and a well done on the comparison process. Don't forget to post some pictures! ;-) ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
sergeant

2003-10-07          65758

bnshiffl There will be a Backhoe avliable for the X-series in the Spring of 2004 By Kwick-way that you will be able to use with your 45loader on the tractor and not have to use there loader inorder to use there backhoe. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2003-10-11          66059

bnshiffl:
If you start to mow extensively, here's a head's-up. The designers of this series of machines put the radiator behind the engine, just in front of the instrument panel. The air access is thru grills to the side and under the steering wheel. Sheer brilliance (not..!!).
Apparently the designers didn't bother to take a prototype out into a field to test-mow a few acres. Because the mower throws up a decent amount of clippings, leaves, etc that are drawn to these access grills by the air flow. The grills then become clogged. The operator has to continually clean the grills, else the engine overheats.
Deere sent out an advisory on this situation, warning owners not to allow the temp to run up into the red, which were reported by many owners. The tone of the letter was irritating -- sort of, it's your fault if you aren't diligent in wiping off these grills. And guess what, they didn't really get it correct -- the real problem isn't so much these exterior grills as it is the internal screen just in front of the radiator. If this puppy gets blocked, the engine temp just rockets up. The operator needs to remove the left exterior screen to get at the inside one for cleaning. I change my oil more frequently during the mowing season 'cause I'm worried about the affect of the heat.
jim ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-10-12          66083

Jim,

Thanks for the heads up here. I really appreciate it. Right now, I've worked mostly in the dust and dirt since we have no lawn yet. I will check this when I clean up the machine. Are you saying the clippings, and debris remain on the outside of the black grill and create the problem? Or, do they go through the holes in the grill and cling to inside screen? I believe you were pretty clear. Net net, sounds like this could be something you don't always readily notice just by glancing at the black grills alone.

What a bummer. No "fix" suggested by Deere though other than just "pay attention"??

Ben ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-10-12          66091

I think all tractors have this problem to some extent, depending on what you're doing. I have the same problem with the radiator screen on my 4310 when I'm bush hogging in dry conditions, and that's with a front radiator screen and the bush hog on the 3ph. ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2003-10-13          66165

Ben:
The clippings, leaves, etc are thrown up from the mower deck, and they are drawn to the exterior grills by the radiator's fan, which draws lots of air thru these grills. The debris collects and builds up on the grills, and is difficult to remove because it just gets sucked back as you try to sweep it off.
The interior screen gets clogged by fine particles that either are pulled thru the exterior screen, or find their way thru small gaps and seams in the body work.
This definitely is a major issue for these models, different than with conventional CUT's, which have the grill and radiator up front (I had had a 755, 955, 1070, and now a 4700. They all incurred grill buildup of bugs, leaves, etc, but nothing like what happens to my 595. I could mow all day with those other tractors, and only clean the screens when I was done. With the 595, I clean the exterior screens continuously, and watch the temp gauge with one eye all the time. I can tell instantly when the interior screen starts getting blocked by the needle starting to climb.
But, like everything in life (wife, kids, job, me, etc) nothing is perfect, and I still like the tractor.
jim ....

X595 Garden Tractor

View my Photos
bnshiffl

2003-10-14          66217

Jim,

Thanks for the more detailed info. I can see that this could be (and will be) frustrating. I have been working in a dusty environment with a lot of dirt. I haven't noticed any heat build-up yet...even with the fine dust floating around. Maybe the dust particles aren't big enough to cause the problem. I won't have to deal with this until next spring. Maybe since I will be mowing only our residential lawn this won't be real bad...should be a little different than mowing taller weed areas, etc...but then again I could be wrong. Will watch carefully when that time comes.

Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login