Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere Rear Facing Work Lights

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-13          61739

Does anyone have a set of these type lights mounted and if so how do you like them and would you mind posting some pictures of them? I have the factory front facing work lights but would like to mount the rear facing as well. It would be great to see how they fit and look prior to laying down the cash. I was thinking about adding a switch somewhere in the line so all the lights are not on at once which give a little better control and usage. The front facing lights are great until you turn your head around to back up. Nothing like a face full of light . The master light switch gives you all or nothing as far as control and being able to select different sets of lights for the task at hand would be great. Any other ideas on this are more than welcome. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-13          61747

They come in a set? I ordered the rear work light upgrade and got one light facing rearward on the left ROPS. See my pics 2 and 3. It does a great job of lighting up the 3ph area if you want to hook something up when it's dark. The mount is such that you can (using a wrench) tilt it to any angle you want. It mounts using the top bolt that holds the rear signal lights in place. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61751

Thanks Ken, just what I was looking for! Nice install job! How did you patch into the tractor wiring. The front facing lights took the remaining 2 open light wires under the seat. If you don't mind my asking; how much did they cost and the part #? Did you add any switches on the ROPS so you can select different lights or just let them all shine at once? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-13          61753

The part number from my invoice is LV910502 and it was $98 for the light assembly and mounting bracket. Expensive for what you get I think. The dealer installed it so there were no special switches installed - it comes on when the headlights are on. They did give me the installation instructions for it which look quite easy. You just route the worklight wires into a hole in the ROPS and out the base of the ROPS, then use a scotch-lock connector to tap into the black and purple wires in the main harness wire, black to black and purple to purple. The light can be installed on either side of the ROPS, so I'm sure you could buy two light kits and install one on each side. Don't know if that would exceed the switch rating or not but the manual doesn't have a warning not to.

View my Photos
cef2lion
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-13          61755

I have both the front and rear work lights. They are wired into the purple and black wire under the seat. I made a Y adapter using some wire and crimp on bullet connectors. This way I could tap in all lights without using a splice on the purple and black wire.

I want to add two switches at some point so I can turn the front and back lights off when I want to.

I have noticed something about the rear lights. I have the 48BH now and while working on the backhoe my shoulders get into the lights and I can also feel the heat off them. I was looking at re-mounting them under the brush guard that is installed for the front work lights. This might get them out of my shoulders way.

I wish there was two factory switches on the dash to wire in the aux lighting.

Craig ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61761

Craig, I was thinking the same thing too. There are two holes on the bottom of the brush guard that could accept two rear facing work lights just like the front facing pair. ....

View my Photos
cef2lion

2003-08-13          61762

Yes, I saw the two holes at the bottom brush guard and that made me think about moving my rear lights there. There is not much of a gap between the light and the guard for a bolt but I think I could work something out. I'm only thinking about moving my rear lights after using the backhoe and bumping them and also from the heat that comes off.

Craig ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61766

Craig, did you get the last message I sent you on the "other" tractor board? ....

View my Photos
cef2lion

2003-08-13          61767

Yes I did. Your more than welcome.

Craig ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61768

Keep an eye on your mailbox or UPS man. ;-) Thanks again Craig. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-08-13          61769

Chief I mounted my lights on a piece of angle on the existing hole in the rops. Both sets are JD aux lights. Front are trapoizoid and rear are floods. All are taped into the main harness and come on with the main switch but I installed 2 seperate switches for each set. C-my #4.

Harvey ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61771

That is a nice set up Harvey. I am a bit tall in the saddle. (6'2" with a 29 inch inseam) I am sure I would be busting my head open on that light bar left and right. LOL! I did a little price hunting today and if anyone is interested; my buddy at the John Deere parts counter can get the rear facing work light kit. (part # LV910502) for $38 plus shipping. If my ROPS was taller, your set up would be the ticket for me Harvey. The tree branches would have alot more difficult time tearing the lights off. Thanks for posting that. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-13          61772

Harvey, I can see the star gazers writing nasty letters to you every time you turn those babies on! Nice job, it looks great. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-08-13          61773

Chief yup that might do it, short legs and a long neck. I'm 6'1" with a 32 inseam and have "O" problem with head hitting. BUT I have a real issuse when the BH is attached because the seat is ALLLLLLLLLLL the way back. So both seats are constantally banging each other. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2003-08-13          61774

Ken I really only use them lots in the short day season moving snow. The rears up there really make a difference with the blower working. Fronts have plenty of view over bucket if I'm out in the dark stacking snow, B-4 I got another blower.

PS I do not worry about amps and stuff. Tractor stays in the warm side of the house near the wood stove all winter. Usually bring in wood with the bucket. Cars sit in the drifts... ....

View my Photos
cef2lion

2003-08-14          61824

Chief

Thanks!! Will keep my eyes on the mailbox.

Craig ....

View my Photos
JOHNWOLFE.

2003-08-15          61901

CHEIF I BOUGHT THE REAR FACING LIGHT FROM JD,THEY CHARGED ME 38 BUCKS,PROBABLY CUS I BOUGHT THE TRACTOR. I PUT IT IN MYSELF,THE WIRE RUNS DOWN THROUGH THE ROPS AND SHOULD HAVE THE CORRECT ENDS TO JUST PLUG IN TO THE EXISTING WIRES READY TO ACCEPT THEM BY THE TOP OF THE AXLE.I USED A ELECTRICAL FISH TO GET THE WIRES THROUGH,AND YOU USE THE EXISTING BOLT FOR THE FORWARD FACING LIGHT TO ATTACH THE BRACKET.YOU CAN MOUNT ON EITHER SIDE OR BOTH IF YOU WISH BUT THERE IS NO SECONDARY SWITCH.ALL OPERATE OF THE MAIN ONE.SORRY IF YOU KNOW ALL THIS ALREADY,J. ....

View my Photos
liljoe

2003-08-20          62286

on the 790 theres 2 holes above the taillights for the lights and the tractor is already wired for the lights just plug them into the harness. the cost me 36.00 each. and the are great. joe ....

View my Photos
F350Lawman

2003-08-21          62304

Do you have any pictures on the 790. I was just installing aspare light I have but sounds like the factory might be better. Do you have the standard alternator or the upgrade?

Thanks ....

View my Photos
liljoe

2003-08-22          62497

i have the same tractor as u. reg. alt. i believe. remember its a deisel doesnt use any power to run. only power used is to start it and work lights, and th light draw any power to speak of. check with a jd dealer it the master catalog under the 790 tractor listing there is a part number for the lights. they are $36.00 each and plug into the factory wiring harness. ....

View my Photos
liljoe

2003-08-22          62498

i have the same tractor as u. reg. alt. i believe. remember its a deisel doesnt use any power to run. only power used is to start it and work lights, and the lights dont draw any power to speak of. check with a jd dealer it the master catalog under the 790 tractor listing there is a part number for the lights. they are $36.00 each and plug into the factory wiring harness. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login