Go Bottom Go Bottom

4115 and 46 Backhoe Pics Finally

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-08          61217

Ok, the #1 pic is the tractor and the #4 pic is a little more detail on the 46 B/H.

#2 shows the front of the sub-frame where attach's to the FEL mounts and the big tapered pins that hold it in place.

#3 shows the rear sub-frame mount. On the left is the rear tire and on the right is the PTO shield.

The PTO shield is about twice as heavy as the standard version. The gold colored bar is where the 3 point lower arms would mount to the tractor if the B/H was not there.

If you look closely you can see where the black sub-frame slips onto the bar next to the PTO shield. The sub-frame runs under the gold colored bar.

The entire weight of the backhoe is carried by the rear axle and the beefed-up PTO shield on the rear and the FEL mounts on the front.

Unlike most Kubota hoes, this on uses the tractors internal hydraulics, so you don't have 5 gallons of oil and a pto hydraulic pump hanging off the back of the tractor.

The 46 backhoe package weighs right at 900 pounds.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-08          61219

Great pics Mark! Nice looking set up. I see that you already have the wheel weights on. I may have to look into a set of those for my tractor. How does the hoe work? Good power and break out force? When you do get around to it, I would be interested in hearing how removing and installing the hoe on the tractor goes. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-08          61223

The only thing I have done with the backhoe so far is rip out a concrete sidewalk. It easily pried up 1300-1500 pound slabs of concrete.

Mount/dismount: you back over the sub-frame and hook up the hoses. Then you position the hooks to the same height as the 3 point support bar and back the tractor up to make the two connect.

Then you slip the pins in up front (after a little jiggling with the hoe controls to line it up) and you drive off. ....

View my Photos
GJ Archibald
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-08          61227

Great pics Mark ! Thanks for sharing them with us....
I sat on the 46 backhoe at the EAA flyin at Oshkosh and it
was pretty cool ;-) ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-08          61230

Tractors AND airplanes in the same place? My wife would never let me go!! ....

View my Photos
GJ Archibald

2003-08-08          61236

LOL ! :-) That is how I felt when I got there....the John
Deere pavillion was pretty good size....I actually bought
a John Deere t-shirt with a P-40 Warhawk on it that said
Oshkosh 2003 with a John Deere logo....pretty cool !
My wife stayed home with the kids, as she has no interest
in looking at planes for 3 days, so I went with other
family members. take care, Gavin ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61239

Great pics Mark, thanks for posting them. I'd be interested in your comparison of the pros and cons of your new 4115 setup vs. the 4100 and BX you had. Does it adequately replace both your other tractors?

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-08          61242

Ken, I have been gathering impressions and will do just that.

Meanwhile, take a look at my 4115 rear tires. They are mud and snow SUV radials. Best of all worlds, I think.

They have 20 pounds in them and they lay that tread flat on the ground.

BTW, as best I can figure it, the 4115 TLB weighs 3600 pounds just as it sits. And with a load of dirt in the bucket(53 inch bucket) and the German farm boy in the seat, well........ I guessing it rolls around at 4600 pounds. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2003-08-08          61247

Those radials sure sit nice and flat. They likely give a great ride, too. The only thing that sits between me and a set of those babies is .... CASH! I'll just have to wear my R4's out as fast as I can to justify the purchase.

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-08-08          61298

I'm green with envey. I have always wanted to make it to Osh Kosh bgosh. Maybee next year. ....

View my Photos
bs1200hd

2003-08-10          61470

Mark nice tractor. Since you had a 4100, would you have any problems putting the 46 bh on it. My 4100 is only 1 1/2 years old and the other half gave ok for the backhoe, but no to a new tractor. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-08-10          61477

It will work just dandy on a 4100. There is a specific sub-frame for your tractor and you will need a tall folding ROPS ($309) and a power beyond kit ($200).

BTW, I have figured out that the B/H is made by Ameriquip (Good) and parts are available at a cheaper price than charged by Deere.

If you need more info let me know. ....

View my Photos
thumperdrm

2003-08-13          61779

Just picked up my 4115 on Sat. Never thought I would be disappointed with a Deere. Wish I had my BX2200 back. The 3-point only raises occassional, and then only partially. My loader won't pick up a full load, and what it does, the loader bleeds off. Dealer says it's supposed to do that. A rate of 6" every 10 minutes. The 60" mmm is so much a pain to set up. I'd like to be able to mow at 3", but the front left fixed wheel only goes to 2 1/2". My high range HST makes an aweful rattling noise at my speed. And last but not least, My paint is bubbled all over from rust underneath. I could go on some more, but isn't that enough? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61782

How many hours are on this machine? ....

View my Photos
thumperdrm

2003-08-13          61783

7 hours only had 2 when picked it up ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61786

By the description of the loader leak down and 3 pt. hitch intermittently working; sure does sound like there is debry or contamination in the hydraulic system and the filters may not have caught it all. This could well explain the HST acting up and making noise. The loader cylinders could be leaking down from contamination being stuck in the joystick valves. They all share the same fluid. 6" in 10 minutes leak down is not acceptible. As for the mower cutting height, have you adjusted the mower deck lift rod clevis's and front mower draft bars to the maximum extent to get the maximum lift out of the mower deck lift? I had to do that with my 4410 to get that kind of height. If I am not mistaken the 4115 has a plastic/fiberglass hood. So I take it that the black paint on the tractor is bubbling up and peeling. All of these issues are definitely covered under warranty. The dealer should pressure wash the tractor off, clean up the peeling areas, and repaint/touch up those areas. Have you talked to the service manager at the dealer about this? The first thing that comes to my mind is that the hyd. oil, filters and suction screen ALL need to be replaced. If your tractor has the 3 pt. lift filter, that needs to be opened up and at least cleaned if not replaced. They also need to have the oil analyized the ascetain where the potential source of contamination is coming from. This could be a number of things. Talk these points over with your dealer service manager and see what he or she responds with. ....

View my Photos
thumperdrm

2003-08-13          61787

Thanks for all the info. I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for them to go through it. The paint is peeling on the fenders (green) and yes on most of the black. I did adjust the deck. It will pick it up higher than 3", but would like it to not have to rely on the wheels to maintain the cutting height. I had read in the manual that the filter could be the problem, but didn't feel like I should be the one to tear into a (new) machine. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61788

If your dealer is on his game, he will fix these issues and be falling all over himself apologizing. It should not have left the deal like that. Or it could be a pump or other system failure. Ahhh, it may not have been exhibiting these problems when they had it or they just plain made a mistake and missed it. We all fall short and screw up from time to time. Lately I seem to have more than my share. ;-) Good luck with it tomorrow! Hope they get you fixed up right. A John Deere baseball cap for your troubles would be a nice show of customer concern to boot! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61789

By the way, let me be the first to welcome you! Hope you will get back to us and let us know how things went at the dealer. ....

View my Photos
thumperdrm

2003-08-13          61790

Will do. Thanks again ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-13          61792

More than welcome! Glad I could offer a few ideas. I am sure some of the other members will jump in tomorrow. Looks like things are kinda slow tonight. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-14          61815

thumperdrm, I think it would be better if you start another thread with a title covering your problem, it would get more visibility. This thread is getting kinda long anyway. But definitely get back to us and let us know how things went. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login