Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front-end tire gouging on Deere 4300

View my Photos
Tom
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-20          5329

I recently purchased a Deere 4300 hst 4 wheel drive with turf tires. The front end agressively marks my lawn when turning. My dealer tells me that Deere is aware of the problem but won't have a fix for some time. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar experience and what they are doing to try to temper the gouging

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Tom

1999-06-20          5330

I have a JD4400 with turfs and it does not damage the lawn unless its in 4WD, are you using 4WD on the lawn? if you are that's the problem. Tom ....

View my Photos
Jack in IL

1999-06-20          5331

I have a 4100 with Turf Tires and mow with a mid-mount deck. If 4WD is engaged and you turn sharply, the turf will be scuffed sometimes from the front tire and sometimes from the inner rear depending on the inclination of the tractor when turning. There is no "fix" to this other than to alter the driving technique. When you make a sharp turn the 4 wheels all follow paths of different lengths on the surface and some scuffing has to occur when the front and rear are geared together in 4WD. I have a very steep hill area in my lawn and must use 4WD on it primarily for downhill braking. I use 2WD on the flat portions of the lawn and 4WD only on the hills. When in 4WD make wide turns. Then the scuffing is hardly noticable. ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-21          5355

Same response as "Jack in IL". Don't forget that your speed while turning also has a lot to do with it. You don't exactly have a light tractor for finish mowing. All of these factors play a big part in your problem. ....

View my Photos
Yoshima Sano

1999-07-05          5747

Hello SIR:You must be unkowning that it is VIOLATIOn of international treademarkes and copyirght to use trademark and company logos of all the registered companys such as John Deer, Boomer, Kuobta. Unless you have received written permission from these firms, you cannot use.Also, from technical point of view, you are "leeching" the images from the home sites, which is in eff3ect theft of their bandwidth. The is bad ethics web paging.Please make all necessary adjustments to your web board.Thyank you.Y Sano ....

View my Photos
mike

1999-07-05          5748

I have a 4400 that is a lemon. I aggresively grabs when turning in 4 or 2wd. I have had it for a little more than 6 months and it has been in the shop 1.5 of them. I wish JD would repo the damn thing and give another one. I owned a 755 and 955 with very little problem and thought that I would have the same experience with this one but was wrong. ....

View my Photos
CDF

1999-07-05          5753

Yoshima,This is one of the most helpfull informative sites on the web for those that would like to purchase or use a compact tractor. I would say that many, many, people have made better,more informed decisions based on information from this site. The web master of this page pays close attention to the content of the board and maintains a smooth running site that is always up and running. I am certain the he is aware of all of the rules and regulations which you felt complelled for whatever reason to point out. In closing, your post was pointless. ....

View my Photos
Alan L.

1999-07-05          5754

You obviously don't know English too well, otherwise you could spell John Deere and Kubota. Why you go back to Japan, or stay there and leave this very helpful forum alone ....

View my Photos
Tony

1999-07-05          5755

F U Sano get a life ....

View my Photos
Roger L

1999-07-05          5756

Speaking of which....Is "Boomer" a registered company now?? :-)I think young Yoshi missed on all tries!He sounds like some kid having a go at whoever falls for his prank. Roger L ....

View my Photos
Spawn

1999-07-05          5757

Learn how to spell and use "CAPS" correctly or go back to "Yoshi Land" grASShopper!!!!!!! ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-07-06          5758

Hmmmmm.....I imagine that every mechanic out there is going to come up with thesame thing, but it looks like I am in line first, so I will ask thequestion for all of us. What did the JD shop do to test that the differential lock was not stuckin the "on" position? And then after making sure of that, how did they testthat both sets of spider gears were always rotating freely? BTW, most all tractors should have a percent slippage somewhere in theengineering specs. If yours is gouging, then it would fail that test andmaybe they could take it back easier if you could show that it does not passtheir own specifications. Its a thought........ Roger L. ....

View my Photos
mike

1999-07-06          5765

this is not the only thing wrong. the 3pt sticks, sometimes up, sometimes down. when it had 10 hours the PTO froze on locking the whole engine and all up. that needed to have the whole hydro replaced. On the whole I think that JD should have looked at placing the levers and switches in more convienent places. when mowing i like to switch back and forth from 4wd so i don't scuff when i don't need the traction. this 4400 makes that manuver very hard to do because you have to bend over. The mower height adjustment is very annoying compared to the 955. and the Secondary hydralic (mower deck or rear hydralic) is a joke, it has had to have many adjustments and it still sticks up or down. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login