Go Bottom Go Bottom

DEERE 4000 Series Availability amp Delivery Dates

View my Photos
Joe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-15          5159

Hello All, I'm trying to get some input from "Everybody" that would like to respond.On John Deere 4000 series, mainly hydro's... or any type trans. for that. If you have ordered any from your local dealers, what have been the original "Time Frames " they have given you for delivery ... Has it been accurate, or acceptable for it to take the time you are told it will take, or has taken? I am taking a general consensus on what "you the Customer" thinks on these delivery times. I would appreciate if you could list the model # , trans.type, state or area of the country you are in , and the length of time it has taken or projected to take before you get your New 4000 series . I would also be interested in knowing if there is any one here that has had a 4000 series on order and has cancelled do to "length of time it will take" to get in? and if they went into a paticular different brand ? The reason for this ..... I may want to forward your replies to the right people at John Deere and let them get a "Good Idea" at what the Customer really thinks on these availability issues, and if they "LOST" any customers due to this. Any other comments are welcomed also.Thankyou for any and all input on thisJoe

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
John, SW Missouri

1999-06-15          5172

I had a 4200 CST w/420 loader and post hole digger delivered today. I bought it yesterday and was fortunate that is was on the lot. The delivery person told me that all 4000 series with hydro are nealry impossible to get right now. I have a JD 455 lawn/garden tractor with 60" deck (hydro) that I use for cutting 3+ acres. I didn't feel the hydro was necessary for the 4200. Locally there are several 4000 series tractors available - the loaders which are made in Canada seem to be holding things up. ....

View my Photos
Rob

1999-06-16          5181

Called the dealer on Tuesday morning looking for a 4600, he delivered on Thursday evening. 4600 w/PowerShifter, loader and backhoe. ....

View my Photos
Chuck

1999-06-16          5182

I have a JD 4400 HST on order. I placed the order on April 26th and was originally told to expect delivery in mid July. The dealer called back within two weeks however and indicated that updated information had pushed delivery date to late August or early September. That would mean about 18 weeks after the order was placed. My dealer is in Eveleth Minnesota (the arrowhead country on Minnesota's Iron Range). I am sitting tight and waiting. ....

View my Photos
Al

1999-06-16          5183

JoeOrdered my 4300 with HST and 4300 loader on May 5th and was told that it would be 45 - 60 days for delivery. I stopped into the dealter yesterday (June 15) and he advised that I am still scheduled to receive the unit in that time frame. He did say that the company is not giving any time frame on units that are ordered now. My dealer is in NE PA. and has been around for 23 years, and has an excellent reputation. Tis is my first time dealing with him, so I guess I will find out first hand. After looking at al the other options, I decided that it was worth waiting for the 4300, as it fit the bill for me. ....

View my Photos
greg

1999-06-16          5185

Ordered a 4300 hydro in mid feb and just got it last friday.I assumed it would take a while just from reading the post on this board. Much longer, though, and I think I would havegone with Kubota! ....

View my Photos
Paul

1999-06-16          5186

Ordered a 4300 HST with 430 loader 4 in 1 and mid mower, in March. Originally told 6-8 weeks. I realized it would longer from reading the posts on this board. As of yesterday, dealer tells me it is on a truck to him, he expects it any day. I traded in an old 430 garden tractor. The dealer sold my old machine weeks ago. I would have made a different deal if I had know then what I know now. I'm in the Hudson Valley in New York. ....

View my Photos
Mike

1999-06-16          5188

I looked for an awful long time, but when I heard the extended delivery times from y'all, and heard the same thing from one of the two dealers around here, I changed my mind and went with the NH. Loved both machines, but couldn't justify the long wait. We're in mid-MO. Thanks! ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-16          5189

Joe,My understanding is that JD was not prepared for how well the 4000 series has gone over with the public. My understanding is that the 4k series was aimed at bringing JD back intothe compact market, of which they were losing quickly. their strategy appeared to work, only better than they were preparedfor. I'm sure JD is scrambling to reduce the current lead times. But manufacturing is not something where you hire a couple more people and everything is back on track. I'm sure they are well aware of the losses they are taking becausepeople don't want to wait. I would also assume they had a contract with Yanmar, to provide (x) number of units per week or month.Regardless of the money available, new assembly lines take months to install.Maybe we should also send a letter to Harley Davidson, to decrease the current waiting list of 1-1.5 YEARS!Of course you could just buy a Suzuki and park it with the Harleys! ....

View my Photos
Keith

1999-06-16          5192

Just stopped by a local JD dealer here in SC last Monday pm. He had a 4100, a 4200, (3) 4300's (one a HST and two were Collar shift), and I think he also had a 4400 as well as a great big 5210. They're out there....Keith ....

View my Photos
Dave

1999-06-16          5196

I ordered a 4300 HST with 430 loader on April 12. My delivery has been scheduled for the last week of July. This will mean a 14 week delivery cycle. My dealer originally told me to expect a 6 week delay (before the sale). I am not pleased by the wait but figured this was a long term investment and I was henerally happy with the model. I am in Oregon. Dave ....

View my Photos
DougH

1999-06-16          5197

I ordered my 4300/HST at the end of March and was told 8 - 10 weeks. The tractor was in with in that time frame, but not the loader. I was not in a particular rush so I waited until everything was in.This is in south central Wisconsin. ....

View my Photos
Kevin_SC

1999-06-16          5198

I ordered a 4200 4x4 hydro on 4/27/99. Was told it would take 50-70 day's to deliver the tractor. Now I find out(6/14/99) that the tractor is expected in the warehouse 8/4/99. I haven't decided what I'll do yet, Just sold my current tractor and it looks like I'll have to do without for another two months. I have always LOVED John Deere tractors, but they had BETTER GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER. I live in South Carolina. Thanks for your effort ....

View my Photos
Scot, CT

1999-06-16          5204

I ordered a 4500 PowrReverser with 460 loader on 5/29/99 and was told itwould be about 60 days. Called the dealer 6/15/99 and he said to expect it7/6/99. I'm in Connecticut. ....

View my Photos
Dave

1999-06-16          5205

From reading this thread so far, it would seem that the local dealer is a factor, too. Our 4300 HST was delivered 3 weeks early, because our dealer (Iowa) went looking for what other dealers had - instead of waiting for the factory delivery. E.g., postings so far show an abundance of tractors at one SC dealer, while a customer in SC (hopefully at a different dealer) is experiencing a lengthening delay in getting his. ....

View my Photos
Mark_in_NH

1999-06-16          5208

After much research and agonizing, I decided on a 4300 Synchreverser with 430 loader. In April I drove to R. N. Johnson in Walpole, NH and bought the one they had in their showroom. I had to wait 3 very painful days for them to top up the fluids, go through the delivery checklist, and wax it before they would deliver it. I guess that makes my delivery time 3 days. I'm upset, but I can live with it ;)BTW, the sales manager pointed out that he wouldn't have been able to get me a HST until August... ....

View my Photos
Kevin_SC

1999-06-16          5210

I did want to add that the dealor I am working with has around 20 4000 series tractors, just not one with the configuration that I wanted. Also the dealor has been very informative. It seams like he (dealor) is frustrated with the long lead times too. ....

View my Photos
MCS

1999-06-16          5214

July 6th?? What dealer in Connecticut is this? John Deere told us tractors we orderedin April won't be built until November! And we are In Connecticut! Waving Furiously...buhbye. ....

View my Photos
MCS

1999-06-16          5216

Believe us, as dealers, we just don't wait until factory delivery...we search all the timefor tractors out there, but when there is only one in the country of the kind we need, do you thinkthat dealer will give it up? of course not...I don't know how many dealers can just sit thereand not look for transfers, since John Deere is so short on EVERYTHING...not just these 4000 series.Ahem... ....

View my Photos
Mike

1999-06-16          5218

Where at in Iowa are you located?? What was the dealer's name?? I am also looking for a 4000 series tractor. ....

View my Photos
Mike

1999-06-16          5219

I went to our local Deere dealer last fall;Oct/Nov to talk about a 4200.I was told he would have one on the lot no later than Jan.Was also told special orders would take dibs over stock orders,but reguardless,sould have one in by Jan.Well,it's June and no 4200 yet,my reply to dealer was;I'm not going to order one,until I can at least set on one and maybe take it for a spin around the parking lot.Now,this is not just any ole dealer I'm talking about,this guy is one of the biggest ag-dealers in the midwest.Looks to me like Deere is coining the market strategy that Harley Davison has profected;create the demand,surpress the supply.End result;list price or better.By the way I just purchased a new B2710. ....

View my Photos
Derek

1999-06-17          5229

I was told 6 weeks to get a 4100 w/hydro. This, combined with the lack of folding ROPS, led me to get a TC21D instead just a couple weeks ago. ....

View my Photos
droz

1999-06-17          5231

I just bought a 4100 off the lot at the dealer here. Hydro, etc, and he had at least two of them available and was willing to deal so it didn't seem like they were in that much demand. ....

View my Photos
Robert

1999-06-17          5234

Visited a few dealers a couple of weeks ago to purchase a 4300 HST w/430 loader; wait "guesstimates" ranged from 8-12 weeks, and none of the dealers were very happy about it. A few started pushing Synchreverser's (sp?) real hard, since they had 'em on the lot. I thanked 'em for their time and purchased a Kubota. The JD's are a nice machine, but not so nice that I'm willing to give up the use of a tractor over the summer. This situation reminds me of the person who wants to by a computer, and just before doing so, hears that a new, improved version will be out in 3 months. So he waits. 3 months goes by, and just as he's ready to buy the newer version, he hears that a newer, better one will be coming out in another 3 months. So he waits...and the cycle continues. And the bottom line is that rather than having bought something and learned how to use it, he sat around waiting..and waiting...and on it goes. Just one person's opinion. ....

View my Photos
Scot, CT

1999-06-17          5241

LOMAC in East Windsor. That's an expected date; I don't have a tractor yet.I'll believe it when I'm riding (bush-hogging with) it. ....

View my Photos
RobertN

1999-06-17          5248

But the Suzuki would still just be a take off of a Harley. Rode em all, there aint nothing like the real thing. Oh, and Harley Stock is doing better than the others too.It is flattering though that the other manufacturers try so hard to copy Harley, Indian, ect. I have friends that own them(embarassingly enough, I rode them for a couple years before I got a real bike). They are nice bikes. It's better that they ride wannbe's than not. But, that's it, they are wannabe's, any way you look at it.Oh well, what does this have to do with tractors! Ther's a field to mow and a driveway to grade! ....

View my Photos
Rob

1999-06-17          5254

I know what you mean..waiting for farm implement production to catch up with market demand is a lot like the relentless march of computer technology. ....

View my Photos
Alan

1999-06-17          5260

I agree. I don't know which tractor I would have chosen, but based on the supply problem with JD HST tractors, I didn't even look at them - didn't even visit a JD dealer. I went straight to the Kubota dealer and bought a B2710 off the lot. I have no regrets so far. ....

View my Photos
dave

1999-06-18          5271

Al, I ordered the same 4300 hydro on April 12 and now have a ship date from the factory of July 14. I am in Oregon so it will take 7 to 10 days to get it here and then a few days for dealer prep. I would very much be surprised to see you get you 4300 as soon as your dealer has indicated as I understand the JD builds and ships these units on a first come first serve basis. I had asked my dealer since they are the largest in the area if they did not have some pull with JD in the factory requests and he indicated that JD didn't offer any special deals to large buyers of their machines. If what I have been told is true I suspect you will have at least 12 to 13 weeks delay. Your dealer has an incentive to give you a shorter timeline to keep your order. Once you've waited 8 weeks it is easier to modify the original committment by telling you "it will only take 4 more weeks". Dave ....

View my Photos
mike

1999-06-19          5309

They told me----October earliest delivery for the 4300 hst. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-06-19          5324

It is common in industry for orders to carry a penalty for late deliverywritten right into the purchase order. Suppose you agreed to buy a JD 4000 series and extras for $25,000 and the salesman said that it would bedelivered in 8 weeks....If he truly believes that, then he should have no problem withwriting a penalty for delayed delivery into the sales contract....fter all, heis not shy about asking you for a down payment! Something between 50and 100 dollars a day deducted for late delivery should get some actionhappening. And itwould be a reasonable figure for this size order. Now when thefactory calls the dealer to tell him that his tractors will be delayed you can bet that Mr. Dealerwill be working hard to get your tractor to you on time... ...Roger L. ....

View my Photos
MCS

1999-06-20          5328

Now you know that none of the dealers would do that, as it would just be costing the dealersall the time and John Deere wouldn't care. They would probably tell the dealers they were stupid to do that in the first place. That's how much they care these days!! With the amount thata dealer calls up and hounds John Deere, you get no where so this wouldn't get them anywhere either! ....

View my Photos
brett chitwood

1999-06-24          5483

ordered 4200 hydro, 4x4,r-4,60"deck on 4-1 was told 3-4 weeks didn't receive tractor untill 6-7 and it looks as if I have been one of the lucky ones! ....

View my Photos
Frank taylor

1999-08-11          6839

Looked at JD 4100 and Kubota B2100 very hard in East Texas. The JD dealer quoted 6 weeks delivery but was honest enough to say it could be "consideraby" longer. After checking on this board I realized that "considerably" could be as long a 6 months. I paid a few dollars more for the Kubota B2400 HST with rear mower and loader and had it delivered in 10 days. I traded in a JD 318 lawn tractor for it. I had always been a JD man (also own a 820) but it seems to me that if you can afford to wait 6 months for a tractor, you don't really need it in the first place. If I fall six months behind, I'll never catch up. Been very happy with the Kubota so far, a nice little machine. In fact like it and the dealer so much, we're getting ready to trade in to get a M8200. I know JD must be squirming at the lost revenue but nobody can expect a customer to wait 6 months for delivery ....that's totally rediculous. We have the dollars to spend and that gives us the power to influence manufacturers. I hope JD gets the message but it's too late for me, I'll just have get used to the new paint job.Maybe it's just me that has no patience but if I had to wait 6 months on a Ford, I would be driving Chevy P/U as well and that would really hurt. Must be me 'cos I ride a Suzuki too - couldn't wait 1-1/2 years for a Harley either. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login