Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Misenplace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-25          50053

I started a order on a 2210 yesterday with FEL, 450 tiller and i match. I also wanted the bar tires. My dealer tells me its going to take four weeks to get the tires. He of course has one in stock with turfs, but all of the 2210's I have seen so far have turfs. I think the bars would be better for FEL and tiller but I sold my dog gone snow blower last week end thinking this was a two week deal.I really want to take possesion so I have something to move snow with. what do you think, is trying to get me to take the turfs ??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-02-25          50061

Dave,

I don't know his reasoning for you not waiting. Maybe he's afraid you'll back out while you wait? If I were you, I'd wait for the bar tires. I've never run turfs so I can't give you any first hand advice. I have used ag (bar) and R4s. It's my understanding that the R4s is the in-between. I know I have been able to do everything with the R4s that I could do with the AGs. If you plan on mowing your yard with the 2210, your lawn will like the R4s better that the AGs.

By the way, I'm in southeast Oklahoma and we don't get much snow. AGs may be what you need for snow removal. Although I have seen alot of post about people plowing snow using turfs.

Does this help LOL

Billy ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-02-25          50062

Hopefully he won't be worried about me backing out. He's got my money ! LOL I probably will hold out for the tires. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-02-26          50104

Doc, I have it both ways.

I have a set of turfs that came on the BX and a set of bar-turfs and wheels I purchased separately. The Kubota dealer only charged $296 for the extra set.

The last time I priced a spare set of JD wheels and tires for my 4100 it came back $1300 and I had to look elsewhere. You might try Deere to see if they have more reasonable prices for your 2210. But don'thold your breath.

If you want a second set also consider the HDAP tires Deere has for the X500 series. To my eye the rims and tires are interchangeable between the X500's and the 2210. The are certainly listed as the same exact sizes.

I think Kubota BX tires and rims will also fit your 2210. Wouldn't that be a picture??? The front rims are 8" not 10" but they are 18.5" tall and 8" wide just like the 2210, the rears are exactly the same, and the price is right......

Wow. Green and orange. Too horrible to contemplate. Guess you could paint them......

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-02-26          50105

BTW, I think turfs will outperform any bar tire on snow and ice, especially while plowing snow. The HDAP tires also look promising in that regard. Mark ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
plots1

2003-02-26          50106

i would think that bar tires would work better beings there narrower profile would place more pounds per square inch to the ground, and nothin seams to work well on ice except ice skates LOL. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-02-26          50107

Ok.... second look.... it is hard to tell exactly from the pictures but it appears that the X 595 and 2210 have a 5 bolt pattern on the front wheels. Kubota uses a 4 bolt pattern on the fronts. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-02-26          50108

That's what bar tires are..... ice skates. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-02-26          50111

Hey ! I like green and orange, kinda like a early 70's kitchen flashback !! I really have to say Thanx for all of the input. I really think that this is one of the best web sites and forums that I personally have ever seen. I'd tip my hat to those responsible but the reflection from my bald spot would blind them. This is current situation here with the JD tires, at least this is what dealers here are telling me, is that the two tire sets are different sizes so I have to get new wheels as well. Everyone has the wheels on order here but none are scheduled to show up for another month. I decided to take the turfs because I just want that darn tractor in MY garage this week. I am hopeing that they or someone will come out with new rubber in the near future that will fit the same turf wheels, If not the dealer says he'll get em for me anytime in the future for 10% off. I am on my way out the door right now to finish the deal. Thanx again. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
plots1

2003-02-26          50112

doc plan on some bar tires so you can work up the plots, got to keep those deer with the good grube. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Billy

2003-02-28          50264

Mark,

Was that $296 for 4 tires and wheels? I spent more than that for a set of tires w/o wheels for my 4wheeler.

Billy ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-03-02          50358

Yes Billy, That is the right price. Apparently if you order some stuff out of "whole goods" instead of "parts" the prices are much better. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-03-15          51180

So far the turfs are great. No troubles at all after a few large storms, Of course 4wd and a diff lock help. My dealer now has the bars in stock. I am going to take a look but I am not going to jump untill I actually see that the turfs are a problem for tilling. My Plots are flat. I am just going to see how it goes. So far I think this new toy is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I never thought that I would actually enjoy cleaning out the drive way after it snows. I live in the typical suburbian sub, yes I can see my neighbors in their windows if the blinds aren't shut ! So far the looks from the neighbors alone have been worth the price of admission :) ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
mhalla
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-18          51408

I ordered my 2210 back on November 30, 2002. It took until January 28, 2003 to get my tractor delivered. I would have been happy to wait a month instead of three. The delay in delivery was attributed to the fact that I ordered my tractor with bar tires instead of turf tires.

My ground is rough, I planned on using the FEL, box blade, and rear blade to tackle some landscaping chores, so I felt I needed the bar tires for better ground engagement.

The bar tires on my 2210 have left behind some pretty good marks in the grass but this was right after all of our snow had just melted and the soil was still pretty wet. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
hardwood

2003-03-18          51413

Everyone is probably getting tired of my R-4 tire stance, but I'll repeat it one more time, do yourself a big favor and wait for the R-4's. Don't mistake the R-1 tread meant for farm tractors doing field work for the R-4's with the wider bars that are much easier on the grass. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
MYDOGROY

2003-03-19          51472

I SAW A 2210 YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME. LOOKE LIKE A NICE MACHINE. SALESMAN WAS TOO BUSY TO TALK TO ME THOUGH. HOW MUCH MONEY COULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR THE 2210 W/FEL

TNX R.L ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
hardwood

2003-03-19          51477

M. D. Roy, check out the John Deere website then click on lawn and garden. They have a feature called build and price where you can design your own tractor with attachments and it will calculate the list price. It's a fun and neat way to compare different models and attachments. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-03-20          51508

Hardwood, I don't think the 2210 can be equipped with true R-4's. I think they come with turfs and "bar turfs" like the BX. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
mhalla

2003-03-20          51519

M. D. Roy,

When I purchased my 2210 last November I paid $12,200 which included the 210 FEL with the 53" bucket, dual selective control valve, and 62" MMM.

At the time JD was offering a cash incentive and a discount on first and second implements which could affect comparisons to current prices. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
Misenplace

2003-03-20          51520

No R-4's for the 2210, they are bar tires more like a R-1. So far I am very impressed with the turfs. A few more weeks and we'll know for sure. I paid $11,500 with FEL but I bought several implements and that is before tax. Honestly where I found JD killed the competition was in low cost financeing. Kubota was the ONLY competition on loans. My dealer has the bars in stock now, He ordered a whole new tractor with bars then talked me out of them, then he forgot to cancel the order....ooops. ....

Tire choice for 2210

View my Photos
MYDOGROY

2003-03-20          51528

Thank you all for the price info. The 2210 looks like a nice package. It seems like a good size for weekend choirs around the place. thanks again R.L ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login