Go Bottom Go Bottom

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
ctmatt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-21          41472

I just saw the first pictures of the new JD 2210 sub compact utility tractor and Kubota better look out. This new machine is far superior to the bx series. It has greater lift capacity on the loader and it just looks like it's a heavier built machine it also appears to be much more comfortable than those cramped bx's.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-08-21          41475

Couldn't find anything on the web site, where did you see the pictures? ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
ctmatt

2002-08-21          41476

I saw them at a dealership. The 2210 has not yet been released to the public. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
kay

2002-08-21          41484

The 2210 Advantage tractor was available for a day or two on a Deere website. But then it was removed. Who knows, but maybe a Deere web site guru that was overzealous in posting, or something along that line. Dealers know about it according to mine when I asked. Some great features, and he expected some tough decisions to make when comparing to other Deere X series. Great for us looking at more toys. Competition among the compact tractor companies is great for us too.
It has a ROPS which some want, others do not. Now there is a choice. Apparently the X series decks will fit under this tractor. Also has individual rear brakes. Price either the same as an X595 or $500 cheaper, dealer could not recall off the top of his head. But in the ballpark.

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
2210 Info

2002-08-22          41525

ENGINE:
Yanmar 3 Cylinder Liquid Cooled Diesel Engine
Horsepower @ 3100 RPM:
Gross 23.0 (17.1 kW)*
Net 22.5 (16.7 kW)*
PTO 17.7 (13.2 kW) HST*
*Manufacturer's Est.
61.4 Cu. In. Displacement
(1.0 L)
Indirect Fuel Injection
Auto Bleed Fuel System
Glow Plug Cold Starting Aid
Anti-Freeze
Dry Type Air Cleaner With Safety Element
Fully Enclosed Engine and Muffler With Horizontal Exhaust
5 Gallon Fuel Tank Capacity (19 L)
Hand Throttle
Key Engine Shut Off

TRANSMISSION:
Hydrostatic Transmission:
Infinitely Variable - 2 Speed Transaxle
2-Pedal Foot Operated Speed and Direction Control
Differential Lock

FRONT/REAR AXLE:
Flanged Rear Axle
Spur Gear Final Drive
4WD

STEERING AND BRAKES:
Hydrostatic Power Steering
Wheel Brakes
Park Brake
Wet Disk Brakes

HYDRAULICS:
Open Center Hydraulic System
Hydraulic Pump - Total Flow
5.5 GPM (20.7 LPM) with Filter
Working Pressure (2000 PSI)
Less Selective Control Valve

PTO:
Hydrostatic Model: Mid PTO Standard Equipment
Independent Mid and Rear PTO
540-RPM Rear PTO
Hydraulic PTO Clutch
PTO Brake
Separate or Simultaneous Operation of Mid and Rear PTO
Flip Up PTO Shield

ROCKSHAFT, 3-PT. HITCH, AND DRAWBAR:
Rockshaft
Category 1, 3-Pt. Hitch
Rate of Drop/Stop Valve
Drawbar

INSTRUMENTATION:
Electric Fuel Gauge
Tachometer/Hour Meter
Oil Pressure Indicator Light
Coolant Temperature Light
Alternator Indicator Light
Flashing Warning Light Indicator

ELECTRICAL:
12-Volt Electrical System
Wet Battery With 500 Cold Cranking Amps
20 Amp Alternator
Key Ignition Starter With Neutral Start Switch

LIGHTS:
Two Front Halogen Head Lights
Two Flashing Warning Lights
One Tail Light

OPERATOR PROTECTIVE STRUCTURE:
Fixed ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure)
Deluxe Cushion Seat With Seat Belt
Operator Presence System

MISCELLANEOUS:
SMV Emblem
Front Weight Bracket
Tilt-Up Hood
Cupholder - Left Console
Mower Deck Height Adjustment

BASE MACHINE (4WD):
Engage on the go 4WD
Two - Steel Wheels With 26x12-12 4PR (R1) Rear Tires
Two - Steel Wheels With 18x8.50-10 4PR (R1) Front Tires

Base Price as of August 2002 - $10,199 ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-08-22          41526

Saw a picture and specs at my dealer. It appears to match the BX 2200 in almost every respect including the loader lift capacity, horsepower, RPM's, wheel base and tire size. It will not compete with the BX22 because there is no backhoe for it. It appears to use many 4100 components but the literature I saw did not say if it was made in Japan or here. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
SethO

2002-08-22          41532

The specs appear to be similar to the BX2200. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
ctmatt

2002-08-23          41543

thanks for all the specs and info. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
REX

2002-08-28          41729

Does anyone know when the JD2210 will be available. I reviewed the features and the list price on the JD website, and it is $500 less, yes less, expensive than the X595, and has more features and capabilities than the X595. I'm suppose to have my new X595 delivered this week. What to do, What to do? Help!! ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
ctmatt

2002-08-28          41733

Have you considered a 4010 or a 4110? Basically you're going from a garden tractor or sub-compact with limitations to a standard compact utility so 3pt. hitch implements won't be an issue and loader capacity will go up to 800 lbs. at 74 inches (full height) The tractor will also weigh more so you push or pull better. A 4010 is not much larger than a x595 and you'll do so much more with it. Also the price will be less especially if you're thinking loader on the x595. I think Deere has some rebates right now on the compact tractors. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
REX

2002-08-28          41734

I have a Kubota 4610 with FEL. X595 is more for mowing and future capabilies. The terrain of my acreage is faily steep. It just occurred to me, if I was going to purchase a X595 instead of a BX2200(which I don't particularly like for several reasons), why not wait for the JD2210, which has the BX2200 features standard as well for less $$ than the X595. But, it boils down to timing. I need the JD now or not too much later. That's why the question, when will it be available. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
ctmatt

2002-08-28          41738

I wouldn't hold your breath for the 2210. If it's mainly for mowing go x595-62"c deck. That way you won't have the ROPS in your way. Also think to your self "What does JD or Kubota have to do to get those sub-compacts in a certain price range?" One example, the x595 uses oil coolers while the BX Kubota and JD 2210 will use cheaper less quality fan coolers. The x595 is built to be JD's heaviest lawn and garden tractor. They refer to it as the pride of Horicon. Sub-compacts are price built tractors. You'll probably own a x595 for the rest of your life. A sub-compact, who knows. I have a 425-60" deck for the lawn and it's the best garden tractor I've ever had. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
REX

2002-08-28          41739

Well, you've eased my mind. I'll ride X595 off into the sunset, and won't look back. My wife and I settled for the 54"deck because some of the areas are relatively tight, where the remainder is fairly open. Of course, I question that decision as well, 54" vs. 62" deck. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-08-28          41747

Have a X595 for less than a week. mowed the yard twice, and hoping for rain to grow the grass some more. it's a very satisfying machine to operate: smooth, excellent ride over rough ground, ergonomic controls.
Ordered the 3ph (class 1) and rear pto, but hasn't arrived yet. With all my sidehills, i got the gator-type tires too. Turning radius even with 4wd in gear is very tight, without tearing up sod (unlike all the strings about tire types etc). It's just about as manuvuerable as the 345 I traded in.
jim ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
REX

2002-08-29          41767

My next dilemma is the deck size, 54" vs. 62". I want 62"(bigger is better syndrome) and my wife wants 54". She does most of the around the house mowing and I use a finishing cutter for the open areas. It seems to me that the 62" extends further out from the width of the frame of the tractor, so, when you trim around trees and beds, the wheels of the tractor won't get in the way, where the 54" deck, is same width of the X595 and it would prevent close cutting against beds and trees. Any thoughts. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
ctmatt

2002-08-29          41779

As long as you don't have any narrow areas to get through I would go with the 62". Like you said, the further the deck sticks out from the tractor the better you can trim. A wider deck will also give the appearance of a flatter or smoother lawn. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
Reality Check

2002-08-30          41806

CTMatt,
You really have to stop drinking that green Kool-Aid and wake up to reality….Deere is a follower not a leader and it is very clear in the compact and sub-compact lines. If you look closely at the photos of the 2210 it has the frame of the 4110 with a slightly shortened mid frame and the same aluminum rear end.

This series tractor as just like the 4105, 4110 & 4115 DOES NOT HAVE A LADDER FRAME LIKE THE KUBOTA BX. The front end and rear castings are tied together by a Tunnel Tube that is Made of 1/16 inch steel. THIS IS WHY YOU CANNOT PUT A BACKHOE ON ANY OF THESE MACHINES.

The 2210 is clearly an attempt to try and fill a huge hole in the JD line. Every time they try to plug the dike, Kubota is always 2 steps ahead……..OH BTW, WHERE IS THE JD MACHINE THAT COMPETES WITH THE BX22 TLB. Still looking for JD’s answer to that one….I guess I’m going to have to wait for 2 more years for your JD to take a leadership position on that and have Yanmar build them something……..Buy the way Where is the OEM backhoe for the 4100, 4105, 4110, 4115 and 2210? Looks like the effects of that green Kool-Aid is wearing off!

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
SethO

2002-08-30          41829

Rex,

I know you have a tractor already, and if you are going to be mowing only, your best bet is a ZTR. The X series garden tractors have nothing to offer you. The ZTRs are faster, mow better and are more maneuverable. With the X series you are buying features that don't help you mowing, and are not good enough compared to a tractor (Cat 0 3PH, and even with an upgrade they are not rated for much).

If you have not plunked money down yet, go test a ZTR. JD makes them too. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
SethO

2002-08-30          41830

cmatt,

The materials on the BX22 are really cheap. No wonder the machine has a functioning backhoe that even the 4110 is not rated for. Whether cooling is with air, water or oil is a design thing. Remember that Porsches have air cooled engines, of course they are cheaper than your water cooled Chevy Impala.

You need to see the list of implements that the BX can use to fully see how cheap the construction is. The X series garden tractor is going away whether you like it or not. It is being squeezed from above by the BX series from Kubota (There is a BX1500 in the future), and by the ZTR for mowing only. Even JD now is squeezing it with the 2210.

What is a "tractor" for if all it can do is mow. But we can always change the name to the X series mower!! ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-08-30          41831

Seth. Do you want to run through that again? Especially the part where the proof of how cheap the BX is is the fact that it is rated for backhoe and multiple implements? ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
SethO

2002-08-30          41833

Mark,

That was a joke, cmatt claimed that the BX is made of cheap materials, and I was poking fun at him.

Seth ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-08-30          41839

Sorry Seth. I of all people should have picked up on that. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
tumbledry

2002-08-30          41845

I really can't see how the 2210 has weaker frame when it's loader has more capacity than the BX. I think that JD never invisioned the 2210 to use a backhoe. The BX2200 is a niche, but he BX22 is a very small niche. Maybe not even big enough to worry about. Get a backhoe for a 4210 that you might actually be able to do some work with.

On the X, I agree with the earlier post that it may be around longer than both the BX and 2210. It is Deere's flagship L&G tractor and does have some premium features. It was never meant to be a compact. Deere has a long tradition of offering "supersize" L&G tractors (400, 420, 430) that offer rear PTO's, 3pt hitch, etc. 4wd really adds to what they can do. I think the X is more in line with those highly regarded older tractors than the 445, 455 were. There are many people that want this type of tractor, regardless of BX or 2210. They just fit them.

Ask anyone who mows a lot, a ZTR is fast in some situations, but is nowhere near as comfy as an X. Sure, if you have tons of trees or something, a ZTR might be the ticket. But if you want to mow all day, in average mowing conditions, an X is so much more comfortable. Cut quality an speed are just as good too. Plus able to tow a heavy aerator, spreader, plow snow, run a rotary broom, etc. For many businesses, a tractor like the X is much more useful than a limited use ZTR.

One thing is that more competition in this market helps us all.

Mike ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-08-31          41854

Deere rates it's loader capacity at the pivot pin. Kubota at the bucket center. Apples and oranges. Pick another hill to die on. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
SethO

2002-08-31          41871

Tumbledry,

Are you stating that as a mowing machine, the X is better than a ZTR? Why do you think professional use ZTRs

Seth ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
tumbledry

2002-08-31          41875

Don't get me wrong. ZTR's are super popular, and I didn't mean that they weren't or that they don't cut well. I was just saying that one of the X's main purposes in life is to mow, and it does a good job of it. For many smaller commerical cutters, they will purchase a tractor like an X because it can mow, pull aerators, etc. I didn't mean to slight ZTR's. ZTR's are just more specialized, not really multi-purpose. Most average folks will prefer a tractor like this for the same reason.

I will stand my the statement that I would rather run an X all day than a ZTR. I know the ZTR guys will get all ruffled, but a tractor just rides better. Especially one with 26X12 tires and suspension seat. :-)

Mike

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-08-31          41877

Rex:
I just spent the day on my X595. It does its thing better than any machine i've had previously. And you know, it doesn't bother me a bit that JD won't put a backhoe on it.
Regards your Q on deck width, the 54" extends approx 6" beyond the left wheels and 2-3" beyond the right wheels. I mowed around 125 walnut saplings without a problem. I chose the 54" because I have some tight places to mow, plus the terrain isn't flat -- a wider deck will have trouble giving an even cut on rolling ground.
One downer -- my dealer gave me the prices on some of JD's implements and add-on's for the X4--'s and X5--'s. Wow.
jim ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
REX

2002-09-03          41959

Well I did it, I got the X595, got a great deal, and decided on the 62" deck. My wife used it this past weekend, and she loves it. Also got the Material collection system with the cart(19 bushels) for the fall leaves, ect. It manuvers well around the flower beds and trees without, or very little need for further trimming. Thanks for all the Advice. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-03          41965

I am just sick and tired of John Deere bashing. Usually, but not always, it's from a Kubota owner. I have not yet considered looking into the pschycological reason for this, but I am almost sure there is one. probably something to do with low self esteem or some kind of insecurity caused by thier parents......who knows?

Nobody knows alot about the new 2210 yet, so everything, whether for it, or against it, is pretty much speculation at this point. So let's keep cool heads here.

For the record:

Deere DOES rate it's loaders at the pivot pin. It is a standardized location that meets ASAE standards. No other Compact manufacturer does this. The other manufacturers measure how and where they want, what does this say about them?

The nonstandardazation of tractors is not a new thing, it was a major issue in the dawn of the tractor, that was the reason The University of Nebraska started testing. It is now the accepted standard in the industry. I can get Nebraska Test Data on almost any tractor in the Ag sector.

But on Compacts.....let the buyer beware! That is why I have a dirt pile in my lot. The used Kubota's seem to sell alot of Deeres out there on that pile.

Simple Fact:

Kubota can say whatever they want about their loaders, nobody has tested them, so who would know? The market is far from mature, so the consumers are first time buyers with no real baseline as to what a loader should do.

And let's think about another point. If a logical person were to select a place to measure loader capacity, half way to the front of the bucket seeems .....ah.....not logical....alll the way up front would make more sense. But on closer inspection of the problem we see that there more than one type of bucket available on a loader, so......since they all have pivot pins, that would be the most standard place to measure from, and take the bucket size out of the equasion.....makes sense to me.

The ASAE (American Society of Agricultural Engineers) is no new organization. Why in God's name is Deere the only one to subject itself to these tests?

I have taken BX's in on trade, some with backhoes, so I have spent some time with the sticks. I can do about as much with a shovel, not quite as fast, and I'm 40 so not near as long either, thier effectiveness is limited by the size. I'm sure someplaces they are just fine, but the reason I get them traded in is they are never quite big enough, a bigger one goes out than the one which came into my store. It adds little value to the tractor in my area,(notice here I said MY area!, I do not know where you are from. It may be different there!). 9 times out of ten, the BX beat me out of a sale to start with, the customer was worried about the ex-tra money for a larger Deere Tractor, then, in a couple years, they trade again in my store because they are upset at the misrepresentation of the Dealer that beat me. In each case, I tried to let them know this, and in each case, I was ignored. Bad salesmen have given all salesmmen a bad rap, so I will not put much blame on the consumer.

Yes, I've heard of numorous problms with the 4000's, but we have not expeirienced them here, This is also not to say they do not exist, they probably do. Hear me out on this one ok?

John Deere was tired of using overseas factoried to build their compacts. John Deere, took a bold step forward when opening up the factories in Ga. The invested in the people of the Good Ole' Usa. This is a relatively new operation. Startup problems will arise in any situation involving new facilities,technology, and new people. I believe they will overcome them. the have more than a 50% marketshare in the ag industry and will accept no less in the compact market.

If alll you orange guys keep compareing yourself to the green ones, you must view the green ones as the one to beat. That is a great compliment!

Ok.....I've cooled off now. Now......go ahead......beat me up some more.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Note from Board Operator

Mr Ethics really appreciate all of your thoughts / rants. I do believe your handle of "Mr Ehtics" would be somewhat more credible if you were a member of this board and identified your dealership!

Dennis
CTB Operator ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
kay

2002-09-03          41966

Mrethics
VERY WELL SAID. I find the same thing when I talk to my Deere dealer. Now he seems to only take the competitor for 'consignment' if it is orange or blue 9not a trade-in), as they are hard to move. This dealer also has a dirt pile, and it is a basic selling tool for him.

My experience with blue, vs green in the dirt pile was how slow the blue loader would operate, compared to how fast the green loader was (comparable bucket size and tractor size). I usually don't like to make these comparisons public (here), as I know there are 'lovers' of all different types and shapes, and that is a good thing.

The competition is great for all of us. I respect the desires of those who want orange, or blue, or yellow. I don't understand, but I am happy for you regardless. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-03          41968

Dennis,

I would love to join, however, I do not OWN the dealership, so it was not my call. The security on the system here, and the rules in the emplyee's handbook are the big holdout.

I could join at home, but I teach by example, and since our childrens computor time is very limited, I do not log in to this site at home.

Your question is valid Dennis, and I would question myself just as you have questioned me in the situation.

Kudos to you for starting this site, It runs well, is full of great information, and is entertaining.

It also shows the world that I am the poorest speller.

When I first heard of this site, I logged on a few times and THE BOSS questioned it's usefullness. I let him read a few of the discussions, and told him it was one of the ways I keeep track of the competition. He approved, but stopped short of letting me join through the work system.

Again, this is a great site. Peters, TomG, Dennis and many others have earned my respect. ....

I like it here.....but this is as close as I can get for now.

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-09-03          41969

I agree with Dennis. Knowing more about Mr.E would help.
Mr.E, Just offer me a new green tractor/loader/backhoe I can afford, like Kubota did @ $15.5K and you will find me on your doorstep some morning. The point for me is that the next nearest deal is around $22.5K, and out of my price range. The BX22 is the first in it's series that is designed to take a hoe so maybe that might explain the lackluster performance you say you found. Don't know, but I do know that price drives the market, and I am going to get the most bang for my buck I can. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-03          41970

Mark,

Yes, I agree, Price is a very important factor, I have never argued with a customer over what he can afford. However, more times than not, you get what you pay for. Bigger backhoes cost more. No arguement with me there. In the instances that I have lost a sale because I had no tractor in that class(price, size, or otherwise), most of the people who were disapointed in the size replaced them with a model they purchased from our store. If I had mistreated those folks when I lost the deal the first time, I doubt if they would come back to me.

I did not make the origanal post to say that nobody gets a good deal unless they buy from me. I lose deals, it happens, It's a fact of a salesman's life.

It's when I get beat by propaganda that bothers me. Competition in the marketplace is a GOOD thing! I have no problem losing when beat fair and square. It happens daily.

I've read some of your posts, you seem pretty level headed, and in your situation and location, a smaller hoe may be worth haveing.

But in my shoes, I deal with first time buyers regularly, Usually unfamilier with any equipment, or even the difference between moving sand, or hard Indiana clay. I do my best to educate them, not only of equipment, but also as a lifetime resident of the area who knows the conditions of the ground they just purchased, and what it takes to move thier earth,and give them valuable information they can use in makeing a...oh let's say...$25000 decision. Just as anyone else on the board. we ALL are here to help as well as learn.

If anyone is looking for an appoligy from me forget it. I may have come on a little strong, but it needed said.

It's a wide open world out there, we need to keep our minds just as open, myself included. I have never bashed another brand on here, just stated facts.

There are some pretty good tractors out in the marketplace, blue, green, orange. For each color, I can find someone who loves their choice, or hates it, just as easy.

My regard for some of the salefolks at the respective colored dealerships is not held nearly as high.

I just wanted put some facts out in the open. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETICS

2002-09-03          41971

oh....and Mark, I can't offer what your looking for. In your area one of those may work well for you, but they did more harm than good in my home town.

Just as well I guess, My wife complains to many of my friends stop by now, onw more may push her over the edge. So if you are comeing to my doorstep,even if I can't sel you a tractor....you are welcome there, but you may want to call first so we can get our stories straight, she would accuse me of planning alll this!!!!!! ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-09-03          41973

I did notice that you don't use the spell checker very much. I would not know what to do without mine.
But it does raise questions about your screen name. Just what are you trying to spell? MRETHNIC? METHINKS? MREPIC? DISPEPTIC?
Since your identity must remain cloaked in secrecy, maybe we can have contest amongst the regulars on the board to decide exactly what you are trying to spell. Dennis could referee and we can all vote on the outcome.

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
Peters

2002-09-03          41975

Mr. Ethics
Just to lighten the discussion a little. I have green and red, but like autos and trucks I look at each model as a individual entity. When buying I am interested in that models performance not JD, NH, Kubota etc. reputation.
Concerning the Kubota owners acting like hornets I am reminded of the story of the Vancouver Canucks. Back in the seventies the Canucks decided that the problem with the teams lack luster play was that they were not agressive enough. Some environmental pychologist convinced then that the problem was the uniform that was pleasant greens, blues and whites like the Seattle Seahawks. The pychologist designed a uniform to instill agression, black, yellow and orange with large Vs on the front and back. The next season they started with the new uniform and it worked. The other team kicked the crap out of them every game. In a couple of years they decided to reduce the agression and change the uniform again although keeping the colors. Psych 101 teaches that certain colors pertain to agression, like Kubota orange?
In reality it is a good color for dangerous equipment just like Cat yellow. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
EthicsMr

2002-09-04          41995

MrEthics,

If your experience with thebackhoe on a BX22 is only a little better than with a shovel, you need help.

My 2 cents

EthicsMr

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
mfguy

2002-09-04          41996

For the record Massey Ferguson rates "ALL" loaders at the pivot pin, compact and larger. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
matt_barb

2002-09-04          42000

MrEthics
I appreciate your posts and you are definitly a value add to this forum. I hold you on par with ArtWhite and TomG. Keep your chin up and keep posting... ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-04          42002

It seems you are right MFGuy, I checked it out, There is no MF Dealer in our area, so I have never had the reason to look into them. Are they made to ASAE standards? If they are, I will give them due credit.

Matt Barb,

Thanks! My chin never dropped, but it's nice to be appriciated. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-09-04          42008

Actually Kubota has three listings for their loaders, they are rated at the pivot pin, the bucket center and 500mm forward. They mostly just seem to put the bucket center numbers in the sales brochures.
MrEthics (or MrEtics), you should never end a post with "go ahead and beat me up some more" It is just too tempting! ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
mfguy

2002-09-05          42042

Yes they are made to ASAE standards. In fact MF adheres to these standards throughout the entire product line scope. You are correct about other manufacturers inflating numbers by listing the rating that is most desirable. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-05          42044

Hats off to MF. Maybe because they also have their roots in agriculture, it was only natural to subject themselves to those kinds of un-biased standards.

To Mark,

Yea...I know I was asking for it. I knew it at the time I posted it. But look at some of the info that has drawn out. We've already heard from MF.
Some more info came into the light from orange fans as well, although we still do not know if thier loaders are ASAE tested like Deere and MF. It would be nice if they would be, so folks could compare apples to apples.

This board is just one way I keep track of competitors, I am not above useing it to gain info. Just as I'm sure others do the same.

Just remember, if the bull won't buck, the cowboy can't get a high score on in the rodeo.

Keep the comments coming folks, I wannna go the full eight seconds!

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2002-09-05          42045

MrEthics,

It would be an honor to have you as a member of the board. This would enable all of us to search for your other posts by the same name instead missing some due to miss spellings like NrEtnic MRETIC MRETHICS etc. What a blessing!!!

I am a little puzzled why you cannot become a member. You can have the CTB member id "MrEthics". You will still be anonyous to your employer and us, you can even supply an anomyous email address and not divulge it with your posts!

What is the barrier???

Dennis
CTB ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-09-05          42053

I don't think the orange guys are inflating FEL lift numbers. Any loader assembly will rate higher at the pivot pin and lower at the bucket center, and even lower at the bucket edge. If they have the pivot pin numbers, which they do, why would they publish the lower bucket center numbers? Maybe they think it is a more accurate representation of actual bucket capacity??? ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-05          42054

Ok Dennis, Ya talked me into it.........You now have a cookie....lets se if security here catches it again. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-05          42056

I dunno Mark.

But it causes confusion in the marketplace.

And it also will give a different lift, and breakout capacity value, because when useing the halfway out the bucket No. this allows the bucket roll cyls. to be used to lift the measured weight, not the lift cyls. of the loader, which, in some cases, will give a higher value. ....

new 2210 sub compact

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2002-09-05          42058

MrEthics!

Welcome to the CTB. Glad to see you joined. Nice piece of land you've got!

Let me know if you have any problems with how I have things set up here on the CTB board.

Dennis ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login